Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

Pictures of squads with colored pegs and bases. Are they as ugly as it seems?

Having seen a few pictures and the unopened SKUs at the FLGS, I'll have to disagree with your opinion on the colored bases.

I would love to see a thread dedicated to pictures of these, though.

(Sorry, I didn't post any

I like my clear ones, I color the sides of all my tokens and pilot chits with sharpie. Looks pretty nice and it's fast and easy to do, and I never get them confused with other people's stuff. I know some people here used to post pictures where they do the edges in white out first so the colors are more vivid, s'where I got the idea. But I'm too lazy for the whiteout.

I played against a rebel squadron using the red bases on Saturday and was surprised how good they looked. It depends on the colours of the ship and personal taste but I'm confident they don't always look terrible.

i want black :(

Well fortunately for you black cans of spray paint come in Matt and gloss varieties, it's a few minutes work to make your own.

jayyy I have made lots of theme. with rubber stoppers and little red guide points. but i would buy lots of black transparent ones just because they were there

You guys look at these things way differently than I do. I bought one of each color and have no intention of buying any more. I use them as tombstone number replacement not window dressing for the whole squad. To each their own but getting rid of the number cards is a god send. Makes it sooo much easier to identify different versions of the same ship too. Also mixing bases and stands is kinda cool too depending on your color scheme but yeah I see a few possibilities past the boring this is red squad or the green meanies.

Protip, if you are also a dice master nerd like me extra action dice make awesome color markers on the pilot card. Happy flying

I wish they had pink :(

I was surprised with the Rebels push they didn't but there is always next wave. It can't be that expensive to put dye in the injection mold. I think the much sought after black and a crayola rainbow await. Edited by LordFajubi