Sign in to follow this  
StriderZessei

So Where is Dash Now?

Dash is the ultimate second tier list stomper.  He'll do great vs all those other fun, casual lists.  Vs the more popular lists out there right now he's got issues.  Han is actually the safer bet if you want to play a fat rebel PWT.

The lack of diversity in the Rebel and Scum meta was... disturbing.

Imperial diversity isn't much better, it's essentially either a variation of Palp Aces or Crackswarm.

veterans has changed that now I believe

And imperials just got another pretty powerful list were bound to see a lot: Tomax Shuttle + 2 defenders.

I could be wrong but I don't see the Tomax Shuttle taking off. I think lots of folks will try it and then decide to replace it with either a Palp Shuttle, another 31 point Ace, or save a bunch of points and take a Scimitar or Gamma Vet version of the Tomax Shuttle. 

Edited by WWHSD

came in second at a tournament using Dash and a stress hog.  Stress hog keeps the Aces from really badgering him at range 1 allowing him to work his magic.  Lost to a Boba and Iggy B list.  too much action efficiency where they don't need to take actions and he had VI on his Iggy so everyone was moving after me meaning I couldn't pump actions into my firing accuracy.  If Dash can't take target lock focus shots, He will fall fast.  That Dash is a beast and one of the strongest ships out there.  he just needs the right support piece and I am not sure what that is.  It's holding the Dash man back.

Dash is losing to Scout-Torps and Palp Aces, typically.  So look at the bottom tables at a tourney if you're looking to spot him.

Good, one less NPE based list in the meta. We just need to remove Palp Aces from it we'd have a perfect game. Scouts would no longer be a problem with no Palp Aces to worry about.

Dash is losing to Scout-Torps and Palp Aces, typically.  So look at the bottom tables at a tourney if you're looking to spot him.

Good, one less NPE based list in the meta. We just need to remove Palp Aces from it we'd have a perfect game. Scouts would no longer be a problem with no Palp Aces to worry about.

Hang on just a second there. Don't people usually say that if Scouts weren't around then no one would have to worry about Palp Aces because the Stresshog and Rebel Regen would save us? 

Hang on just a second there. Don't people usually say that if Scouts weren't around then no one would have to worry about Palp Aces because the Stresshog and Rebel Regen would save us? 

And if palp aces was gone, wouldn't it just go back to RAC/Whisper?

And if palp aces was gone, wouldn't it just go back to RAC/Whisper?

And if we took out RAC/Whisper and whatever came before that and before that, we could go all the way back to the TIE Swarm being the only viable play!

Yes, yes, we all know you hate big ships with turrets.

You can go back under your bridge now.

What happened to the A-Wing swarm?

They are out there but they are not common. Given that you need three Rebel Aces, two A-Wings, three Star Vipers, a combination of special Ks, YV-666s & Imperial Veterans to get five Crackshots and three G-1As it's just so much less expensive to go with a Black /ln based Crackswarm if you want to play that way. Plus if you've been playing a while you probably have eight or more /lns in your collection. Only a very select bunch of nutters were playing 2 Green + 4 Prototype swarms pre-Crackshot...

:)

What happened to the A-Wing swarm?

They are out there but they are not common. Given that you need three Rebel Aces, two A-Wings, three Star Vipers, a combination of special Ks, YV-666s & Imperial Veterans to get five Crackshots and three G-1As it's just so much less expensive to go with a Black /ln based Crackswarm if you want to play that way. Plus if you've been playing a while you probably have eight or more /lns in your collection. Only a very select bunch of nutters were playing 2 Green + 4 Prototype swarms pre-Crackshot...

:)

Takes a bit of a nutter to be in an A-Wing in the first place. Of course I still love running a pair of PTL/Wingman A-Wings for harassment.

I would never bother with Z-95s playing Rebels. If you want Dash with blockers I'd go with this:

AAA DASH

99 points

PILOTS

Dash Rendar [Push the Limit, Heavy Laser Cannon, Kanan Jarrus, Outrider] (54)

Prototype Pilot [Chardaan Refit] (15) x 3

View: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/533476/aaa-dash

Tweak: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build/533476

XWS: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/xws/533476

I would never bother with Z-95s playing Rebels. If you want Dash with blockers I'd go with this:

AAA DASH

99 points

PILOTS

Dash Rendar [Push the Limit, Heavy Laser Cannon, Kanan Jarrus, Outrider] (54)

Prototype Pilot [Chardaan Refit] (15) x 3

View: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/533476/aaa-dash

Tweak: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build/533476

XWS: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/xws/533476

a boost-less Super Dash will eat many meaty arcs and have people party in his donut.

Edited by lazycomet

a boost-less Super Dash will eat many meaty arcs and have people party in his donut.

If I was using Kyle rather than Kaynan I'd agree (and go with two Green Crack A-Wings / EU on Dash for Dash Breaks Bad) but with Kaynan you have all of that lovely dial to play with and the three Protos blocking to keep the donut hole nice and empty it does work.