Sign in to follow this  
Exile Rogue

Poe Wes Biggs in this new meta

Hi guys, I'm a long-term lurker on the forum and this is my first post. I'm from England but I'm living in the Bay Area this summer looking for high-level games. So far I played two great games with Jake in Gamescape North (San Rafael) and I'm happy to travel a bit for a tournament or some casual games. I'm in San Anselmo, right next to Skywalker Ranch and the very town Star Wars was created in :)

Here is my current list, updated since the FAQ:

Poe Dameron with Draw their Fire, R5-P9, Integrated Astromech

Wes Janson with Veteran Instincts, R2-D2, Engine Upgrade

Biggs with R4-D6, integrated Astromech

With triple-scouts likely to be less common than before, and expecting a lot of Defenders and Palp Aces. The basic plan is for Biggs to keep the two aces alive long enough to take out the opponents most threatening ship. After that they become very tough to take down, both having regen. The Wes pilot ability seems like it will be very strong in this meta.

Let me know what you think, or if you know where I can play here in the Bay.

A very similar list won two Regionals and made it to day two of Nationals -- Wes with VI, R3-A2, and Integrated; Biggs with R4-D6 and Integrated; and Corran with VI, FCS, and R2-D2. Based on that list's success, I'd say your list is likely to work very nicely, as well. Double-dipping on regen looks really solid alongside Biggs; but to be honest, I'm not sure that Engine on Wes is the way to go. A simple Integrated mech might be better for survivability, although I do also like torpedoes on an X-Wing (protons and Guidance Chips ought to work nicely). Helps burn down the enemy before they burn down Biggs.

Cheers guys. The list is unbeaten in four so far. I find the Engine Upgrade is worth having because of Veteran Instincts, having that movement action is really valuable on a PS10 ship.

But proton torpedoes and guidance chips on an X-wing, that is fun. Two crits and two hits happens often. But I think this kind of list will become even stronger after Heroes of the Resistance and the ARC-170. Maybe Paul Heaver will stick with X-wings at the Worlds? It's worked out well before :)

That face when someone uses DTF but forgets that their shields are down and it's Maarek who was firing.

Star-Wars-7-Rumor-Emperor-Returning.jpg

Wes Janson at pilot skill 0? Why, yes please.

I oneshot Jake with Maarek last tournamenr i played in turn 1 of firing. Range 1, 3 hits one crit. Evades one and has no evade token. He draws a crit and sighs in relief before (stress token XD). I remind him of Maarek's effect! Gets pale, draws a Direct hit and gets even paler...

His ability is very situational, but when it gets to work like that it's just awesomesauce...

Edited by ForceM

Agree on Integrated Astromech for Wes. If you really want to give him some manoeuvre shenanigans, BB-8 isn't a bad call, otherwise giving him torpedoes is also nice. As noted, Guidance Chips Protons hit nice and hard, but don't underestimate Flechette torpedoes - stress mechanics can work nicely to make up for a lack of boost/barrel roll.

If you really want to go to town, Wes with Flechette Torpedoes & R3-A2 is a good "no you don't" to most action-dependent aces...

Agree on Integrated Astromech for Wes. If you really want to give him some manoeuvre shenanigans, BB-8 isn't a bad call, otherwise giving him torpedoes is also nice. As noted, Guidance Chips Protons hit nice and hard, but don't underestimate Flechette torpedoes - stress mechanics can work nicely to make up for a lack of boost/barrel roll.

If you really want to go to town, Wes with Flechette Torpedoes & R3-A2 is a good "no you don't" to most action-dependent aces...

I agree with this, mostly. 

Biggs standard 26 pts

Wes with adaptability, r2a3 and IA

9oe with bb8, ptl, a/t and Flechettes have been working very nicely so far. 

Ps 9 ptl bb8 poe is a better place for the flechettes imo. Poe like that will easily enough TL+focus. With stress-ability on both Wes and Poe, they can fan out  bit and should easily enough catch soontir. 

Since ps8 is the new black, PS 9 is probably suficient in most matchups. 

Edited by Calibri Garamond