Sign in to follow this  
chilibreez

Reinforced Deflectors

The recent FAQ states that Reinforced Deflectors should now read as follows:

“After defending, if you suffered a combination of 3 or more damage and critical damage during the attack, recover 1 shield (up to your shield value)"

Here's my question:  Does this mean that, in order for RD to trigger, the damage MUST be a combination of both regular damage and crits, or it CAN be a combination?  I've posed this question to other groups and the response that I've gotten is 'all they are saying is that it can be crits' but that's not what I'm reading. It says "... a combination of.... damage and critical damage..."     It doesn't say either or, or one or the other.  It says a combination of.  Am I reading/interpreting this wrong?  Thanks!

“After defending, if you suffered a combination of 3 or more damage and critical damage during the attack, recover 1 shield (up to your shield value)"

Here's my question:  Does this mean that, in order for RD to trigger, the damage MUST be a combination of both regular damage and crits, or it CAN be a combination?  I've posed this question to other groups and the response that I've gotten is 'all they are saying is that it can be crits' but that's not what I'm reading. It says "... a combination of.... damage and critical damage..."     It doesn't say either or, or one or the other.  It says a combination of.  Am I reading/interpreting this wrong?  Thanks!

I think it's a can be situation. The original wording, with a strict interpretation, was damage only. Crits didn't count. The errata clarifies the intent.

If you suffered a combination of 3 or more (damage and crit damage)

So, you receive 3 damage and 0 crit damage. Add those together and you get a combination of 3 or more (damage and crit damage).

Zero is a valid number to use in addition when combining things

A combination of damage and critical damage must exceed 3. So, where D=damage and C=Critical Damage, you end up with a formula XD+YC≥3 to proc RD. So, for instance, 3D+0C≥3, and RD procs