Sign in to follow this  
Otacon

New Wave VIII FAQ with Timing Chart(and lots of timing ruling revisions)

Oh i just noticed something mean regarding Omega Leader and Keyan...

Under Omega Leader's changes it says you cant even resolve an ability that mods dice, going further to mention Keyan cant spend stress even if he were to not change any die results. 

I detest him even more now when i run keyan rofl. I cant even destress myself ala "spend a stress even if you rolled no focus" lol. 

Zeb technically never worked twice and the people that did that flatout ignored "activate" part of Zeb's card. It doesnt say they activate, you only activate when your PS comes up. Its the same thing as granting a free action.

Ive had people also flatout ignore the "in your firing arc" part and try to hit me with a turret when i bumped into their butt. LOT of these faqs, old and new, are putting more emphasis on what SHOULDNT need it because people gloss over it on the card too much.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but are you stating that Zeb doesn't allow you to target a ship that is touching your base, during your activation, and within your rear facing auxiliary arc?

Interesting that they haven't chosen to make it 100% explicit whether a ship thrown onto a rock via Tractor Beam rolls for damage from the roid or not. I still think it's possible to read the rule either way in good faith.

That's one of the only things in the FFG email thread that I've been maintaining that didn't get resolved with this FAQ.

The only real outstanding issues (not including new issue raised by changes) I think they missed covering:

- Tractor beams and obstacles. Do you ignore all the normal triggers and timing when applying obstacle effects.

- Clarified "opportunity to attack" in simultaneous fire. Does any opportunity to attack count or only the one from your activation?

- Done something with Bren to make his ability work in Tournament play.

All in all it was a fairly satisfying FAQ update.

What does common sense tell you... Search your feelings..

Seems pretty basic to me. Yes you roll for damage and not it doesn't allow you to do anything else..

Tractor Beam is clarified in Imp Vets.

They added a line.

"This is not an action or a maneuver, and can cause the ship to overlap obstacles (but not other ships). The ship suffers the effect of any obstacle it overlaps."

If only they also added 'as if the ship had moved during the activation phase' then we would know exactly what effects to affect the ship with.

Wait, so Zeb can only be used once by the VCX. No auto 4 damage when touching in arc? Also, don't know if it's been officially clarified before but glad to see that ships can K-turn when deploying.

If the Ghost does not "activate" a 2nd time at the end of the combat phase it seems like you are right. Or if the end of the combat phase is not "during" the combat phase. What of these prevents it?

Ships only activate once in the combat phase. That's what stops it.

RRG, pg. 9:

"COMBAT PHASE

During the Combat phase, each ship has an opportunity

to perform one attack, starting with the ship with the

highest pilot skill and continuing in descending order.

• If a player has multiple ships with the same pilot

skill value, he can attack with them in any order.

• If both players have ships with the same pilot skill

value, the player with initiative attacks with all of

his ships of that pilot skill first.

Each ship becomes the active ship only once

during this phase.

• A ship may choose not to attack."

Thanks, that's pretty clear and what i thought!

Interesting that they haven't chosen to make it 100% explicit whether a ship thrown onto a rock via Tractor Beam rolls for damage from the roid or not. I still think it's possible to read the rule either way in good faith.

That's one of the only things in the FFG email thread that I've been maintaining that didn't get resolved with this FAQ.

The only real outstanding issues (not including new issue raised by changes) I think they missed covering:

- Tractor beams and obstacles. Do you ignore all the normal triggers and timing when applying obstacle effects.

- Clarified "opportunity to attack" in simultaneous fire. Does any opportunity to attack count or only the one from your activation?

- Done something with Bren to make his ability work in Tournament play.

All in all it was a fairly satisfying FAQ update.

What does common sense tell you... Search your feelings..

Seems pretty basic to me. Yes you roll for damage and not it doesn't allow you to do anything else..

Tractor Beam is clarified in Imp Vets.

They added a line.

"This is not an action or a maneuver, and can cause the ship to overlap obstacles (but not other ships). The ship suffers the effect of any obstacle it overlaps."

If only they also added 'as if the ship had moved during the activation phase' then we would know exactly what effects to affect the ship with.
That wouldn't have done it. It's easy to handwave that overlapping with forced movement is the same as overlapping with a maneuver. It's the obstacle effects with specific timing windows that are problematic. Edited by WWHSD

I think hes saying that? If he is hes wrong, since zeb actuvages in the soecial arc as well.

I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt as it be really ironic within a post railing against people not understandin rules because they just don't bother to read them to gloat about incorrectly correcting people on a rule.

So now that ships are not removed until after both TLT and Cluster Missile attacks have completed, you can now deal enough damage with the first attack to destroy the ship, but you may still attack it again with the second attack for the purpose of letting Miranda re-gen a shield? Correct? Or was this always the case anyway?

Also I'm curious about if Zeb works in the Rear/Special Arc. Only while the Phantom is still docked maybe? I know Auxilary arcs are still arcs, but is the special arc on the VCX? (I get that he doesn't work for the extra attack granted by the Phantom Title)

So now that ships are not removed until after both TLT and Cluster Missile attacks have completed, you can now deal enough damage with the first attack to destroy the ship, but you may still attack it again with the second attack for the purpose of letting Miranda re-gen a shield? Correct? Or was this always the case anyway?

Also I'm curious about if Zeb works in the Rear/Special Arc. Only while the Phantom is still docked maybe? I know Auxilary arcs are still arcs, but is the special arc on the VCX? (I get that he doesn't work for the extra attack granted by the Phantom Title)

Did you...read the new faq? Theres an entry for zeb that specifically answers your question

Edit: sorry, not under zeb. Section 5 general questions asking if non primary arcs (including special and aux) count as firing arcs for abilities

Edited by VanderLegion

Did you...read the new faq? Theres an entry for zeb that specifically answers your question

Edit: sorry, not under zeb. Section 5 general questions asking if non primary arcs (including special and aux) count as firing arcs for abilities

It's a fair question - the special arc part. I'd only consider that arc valid if I'm able to shoot out of it, so if no phantom docked, Zeb should be immune to attacks applying his ability from within that arc. But with the special arc active it's fair game.

It's a fair question - the special arc part. I'd only consider that arc valid if I'm able to shoot out of it, so if no phantom docked, Zeb should be immune to attacks applying his ability from within that arc. But with the special arc active it's fair game.

It would be a fair question if the faq didnt wxplicitely say that it counts as a firing arc. It says nothing about having to br "active". A special arc is still a special arc even if you dont have anything equipped to shoot out it

It would be a fair question if the faq didnt wxplicitely say that it counts as a firing arc. It says nothing about having to br "active". A special arc is still a special arc even if you dont have anything equipped to shoot out it

Yeah looking at that part of the FAQ it looks like it is definitely always an arc, so if you are not docked with the phantom or equipped with a turret or torpedo able to perform range 1 attacks Zeb could actually become a liability in the rear.