Sign in to follow this  
Otacon

New Wave VIII FAQ with Timing Chart(and lots of timing ruling revisions)

The only thing I can think of is when you have two possible targets and are unsure of the range. Let's say you really want to kill one of them, but given the benefit of a range 1 shot, you wouldn't prefer that target if it were at range 2 and the other target at range 1. If you can measure before declaring the attack there's no guess work, you know what range you'll be shooting at before you declare. My assumption was that you could only measure the range after you declare, so you might get stuck with that range 2 shot. Happy to be wrong about this one.

So can Dengar attack after being destroyed, for his retaliate ability, now?

Yes. Dengar's counter attack happens when he is destroyed. 

What happens with his ability and simultaneous fire is still unclear if he is destroyed on his PS and hasn't attacked yet. 

What happens with his ability and simultaneous fire is still unclear if he is destroyed on his PS and hasn't attacked yet. 

Ah so thats the thing thats still unresolved.

Seems like it is resolved now. He gets his ability shot through the after attacking/after defending window, then gets his normal attack through simultaneous fire.

Yeah that seems pretty resolved to me. They even resolved the argument about when it goes off when other simo-effects go off (i.e. "after you perform an attack, XXXX" now WILL go before any attacks proc'd off the same situation).

No more Dengar users arguing for 30 minutes about whether or not Echo/Whisper can cloak after she attacks but before Dengar retaliates.

Yeah, they didn't do anything that affected simultaneous fire having a ship removed after having the opportunity to attack (which Blinded Pilot makes clear that Dengar's counter attack counts as) instead of on its the attack it gets from its combat phase activation. 

So... If you treat cluster Missles and TLT as one attack, does the focus spent to modify the attack apply for both instances of dice rolling?

No.

Each attack has a seperate modify dice results step.  So if you have two target locks or two focus' then you can spend one on each attack.....

Also interesting is that "Perform this attack twice" weapons now count as a single attack, so both attacks of these weapons have to resolve before any "After attacking" or "after defending" abilities trigger. So for instance Tactician + TLT only gives a single stress token.

I think Tactician + TLT has always give only one stress, because you declare the target once

Edited by Fuego Estelar

Also interesting is that "Perform this attack twice" weapons now count as a single attack, so both attacks of these weapons have to resolve before any "After attacking" or "after defending" abilities trigger. So for instance Tactician + TLT only gives a single stress token.

I think Tactician + TLT has always give only one stress, because you declare the target once

No. You are thinking of R3-A2. Tactician happened "after you performed an attack". 

So the new Kanan is at the end of the Clean Up phase of the "execute maneuver". Does this mean Kanan+MF title is no longer possible to combo into while 3-sloops?

The ship he removes the stress from still receives their stress and misses their action when they move. He removes the stress just before combat phase starts. So yes and no. Yes, if you don't mind missing your action you could do it every turn. No, you don't get your action after doing it.

So the new Kanan is at the end of the Clean Up phase of the "execute maneuver". Does this mean Kanan+MF title is no longer possible to combo into while 3-sloops?

The ship he removes the stress from still receives their stress and misses their action when they move. He removes the stress just before combat phase starts. So yes and no. Yes, if you don't mind missing your action you could do it every turn. No, you don't get your action after doing it.

That's incorrect. Performing an action is not one of the Execute Maneuver steps. It comes after that. The new MF title triggers during step 1, stress is assigned at 2b, Kanan clears the stress at the end of 2c, and you perform an action at step 3.

1. Reveal Dial

2. Execute Mavuever

a. Move Ship

b. Check Pilot Stress

c. Clean Up

3. Perform Action

EDIT: I just realized that I was thinking of the wrong timing for the MF title, it happens after you execute a maneuver not at reveal dial. Until they give more guidance on the timing of MF, I've got no clue if it will still work.

Edited by WWHSD

Weeeeeelllllll, U-Boats are finished.

Doubt it. I hardly see top u boat lists with R4 Agro, most with OCR4 for the point savings. That combo still works.

I took a pair of modified Jumpys to win Regionals with OCR4s. Not super bothered about the R4 Aggro combo to begin with. It takes a bit more thought about whether to bother taking that extra focus sometimes, but overall it's fine.

Honestly, the only really interesting things I'm seeing is not being able to spend two evade tokens in the same defense, and the "attack twice/again" changes.

Gonk change is a direct buff to dengaroo, which is already a tier one list. Unreal. Guess it's time for a second jumpmaster

I'm not sure that's true.  If manaroo is double-gonking to regen shields, she's not generating any tokens to pass to dengar (or use herself)

Nah, not really. People were already using OCR4 instead of R4A anyway. Jumpmasters are still exceptional and Rebels just got weaker.

How did Rebels get weaker/

TLT no longer works twice with FCS and Tactician.

What about standard Stresshog with R3-A2

Nah, not really. People were already using OCR4 instead of R4A anyway. Jumpmasters are still exceptional and Rebels just got weaker.

How did Rebels get weaker/

TLT no longer works twice with FCS and Tactician.

What about standard Stresshog with R3-A2

That's unaffected by the change. It's only "perform this attack twice" types of attacks that are impacted.