Sign in to follow this  
Otacon

New Wave VIII FAQ with Timing Chart(and lots of timing ruling revisions)

So does this make Omega Leader even worse...

Omega Leader

If "Omega Leader" has an enemy ship locked, and Emperor Palpatine is equipped to a different enemy ship, the ship with Emperor Palpatine equipped may modify one of the locked ship’s dice.

If a ship locked by "Omega Leader" attacks "Omega Leader" with a Heavy Laser Cannon, it does not change its results to results.

Adding or subtracting dice (i.e. Jan Ors) and canceling die results (i.e. Crack Shot) do not count as modifying dice. However, added die results (C-3P0, Advanced Targeting Computer, Accuracy Corrector, etc.) do count as modifying dice and cannot be used.

If "Omega Leader" has an enemy ship locked, when that ship attacks or defends against "Omega Leader," that ship cannot resolve abilities that would modify dice, even 0 dice, such as Keyan Farlander’s ability. Additionally, that ship cannot resolve abilities that cause "Omega Leader" to reroll his dice (such as R7 Astromech or Elusiveness), as these are abilities that modify dice.

So does this make Omega Leader even worse...

Omega Leader

If "Omega Leader" has an enemy ship locked, and Emperor Palpatine is equipped to a different enemy ship, the ship with Emperor Palpatine equipped may modify one of the locked ship’s dice.

If a ship locked by "Omega Leader" attacks "Omega Leader" with a Heavy Laser Cannon, it does not change its results to results.

Adding or subtracting dice (i.e. Jan Ors) and canceling die results (i.e. Crack Shot) do not count as modifying dice. However, added die results (C-3P0, Advanced Targeting Computer, Accuracy Corrector, etc.) do count as modifying dice and cannot be used.

If "Omega Leader" has an enemy ship locked, when that ship attacks or defends against "Omega Leader," that ship cannot resolve abilities that would modify dice, even 0 dice, such as Keyan Farlander’s ability. Additionally, that ship cannot resolve abilities that cause "Omega Leader" to reroll his dice (such as R7 Astromech or Elusiveness), as these are abilities that modify dice.

No, that is how Omega Leader always worked, this is just a clarification.

In step 9 of the new attack timing chart what does the "1 ability" mean?

Resolve 1 ability of player with initiative

If you have multiple abilities that resolve after the attack I'm guess you still get them but I'm just checking?

The "1 ability" part is only referring to abilities that perform an attack.  Obviously, you can't do more than one of those at a time, so you resolve that entire attack process again for the player with initiative, then the player without initiative does so if they have a similar ability.  If the player with initiative somehow has another ability that lets them perform an attack, they'd do so next, and so on.

Edited by DailyRich

Weeeeeelllllll, U-Boats are finished.

You're joking, right? Many of the best builds weren't even using Agromech. Makes minimal difference and actually buffs them in some matches

Partially joking, yes. I'm glad they nerfed it, as I knew it was only a matter of time. Sure, OCR4 will be the go-to now, but that's a bit trickier to pull off, and has some down-sides.

so can somebody answer my question can you still use Thug Ys with agro mech and blaster turret? Its still confusing to me..  

Target locks acquired using R4 Agromech’s ability may be used during that attack "   but later it says: If a ship equipped with R4 Agromech is attacking with a secondary weapon that requires the ship to spend a focus token (such as a Blaster Turret or any weapon used with Deadeye), that ship cannot acquire a target lock on the defender because the enemy ship becomes the defender after the cost for the attack is paid. See "Timing Chart for Performing an Attack" on page 6."

so can somebody answer my question can you still use Thug Ys with agro mech and blaster turret? Its still confusing to me..  

Target locks acquired using R4 Agromech’s ability may be used during that attack "   but later it says: If a ship equipped with R4 Agromech is attacking with a secondary weapon that requires the ship to spend a focus token (such as a Blaster Turret or any weapon used with Deadeye), that ship cannot acquire a target lock on the defender because the enemy ship becomes the defender after the cost for the attack is paid. See "Timing Chart for Performing an Attack" on page 6."

No, you cannot. 

No you can't get a Target Lock when using the Fovus for the Blaster.

Dang it, there goes my Redline list with fcs and cluster missiles. Guess the only good punishers left slim Redlines and ficklegreendice's Deathrain

That's sad.  It's the first thing I tried when the Punisher came out.

Edit: I take it FCS with TLTs means you don't get a target lock for each TLT either?

Edited by Valca

Nope. Time to switch to a turret that doesn't suck. (Seriously? People use Blaster Turret?)

My understanding of the ruling is that you are spending the focus to activate the weapon, not modify results. The intent of the R4 card is to add the TL after the focus is used to modify results, kinda like the crappy Rebel droid that no one uses.

Edited by balindamood

My Question, on OCR4.

Since now with Deadeye you have to spend the token to activate the secondary weapon, it is before the attack.   Previously people would spend the Deadeye focus and activate OCR4, but now you must have a second focus.    Because OCR4 happens during the attack and the focus from Dead Eye has already been spent.   Is that correct?

If that is the case then it is a slight neft to OCR4 too.

Edited by eagletsi111

Why could you not? My understanding of the ruling is that you are spending the focus to activate the weapon, not modify results. The intent of the R4 card is to add the TL after the focus is used to modify results, kinda like the crappy Rebel droid that no one uses.

As the new timing window shows, there is no defender when you spend the focus to pay for the attack. R4 aggro gives you a target lock on the defender, of which there is none at this time.

Edited by HolySorcerer

My understanding of the ruling is that you are spending the focus to activate the weapon, not modify results. The intent of the R4 card is to add the TL after the focus is used to modify results, kinda like the crappy Rebel droid that no one uses.

Step 1-4 Pay cost i.e. spend the Focus token. 

Step 1-5 Target of the attack becomes the defender

When you pay the Focus cost, you do not have a defender to TL so it has no effect.

My Question, on OCR4.

Since now with Deadeye you have to spend the token to activate the secondary weapon, it is before the attack.   Previously people would spend the Deadeye focus and activate OCR4, but now you must have a second focus.    Because OCR4 happens during the attack and the focus from Dead Eye has already been spent.   Is that correct?

Ocr4 is anytime you spend a focus during the combat phase. Nothing changed for

It

In step 9 of the new attack timing chart what does the "1 ability" mean?

Resolve 1 ability of player with initiative

If you have multiple abilities that resolve after the attack I'm guess you still get them but I'm just checking?

The "1 ability" part is only referring to abilities that perform an attack.  Obviously, you can't do more than one of those at a time, so you resolve that entire attack process again for the player with initiative, then the player without initiative does so if they have a similar ability.  If the player with initiative somehow has another ability that lets them perform an attack, they'd do so next, and so on.

I kind of guessed that but it isn't written clearly.

My Question, on OCR4.

Over Clocked happens during the Combat phase, not when attacking. It still works the same.

*Ninja'd

Edited by Krodarklorr

My Question, on OCR4.

Ocr4 is anytime you spend a focus during the combat phase. Nothing changed for

It

OH.   Got it!

I think part of what we do not see is that they are well into development of Wave 10, and the already know what is in all of wave 9. What we see as nerf/buff to what we are playing with now, they are (hopefully) looking at what is coming and are trying to clear things up and mitigate before the new stuff hits the tables. Clearly they cannot think of everything, but as frustrated as I am with a couple of things in this FAQ, I am hopeful tht it will be counterbalanced with something being less broken later. We probably will never know, but I remain hopeful.