Sign in to follow this  
Otacon

New Wave VIII FAQ with Timing Chart(and lots of timing ruling revisions)

Not seeing how Uboats are finished. The only thing i see is the R4 change. Boohoo you lose your free targetlock you still have a buttload of other crap and shenanigans to pull. I havent even seen many of those on uboats anyway because people bank on vaporizing their target anyway so the Tl would be wasted.

The free target lock was what MADE them a pretty big deal.  There are a ton of 'cheap torpedo carriers' in the game, even 'cheap torpedo carriers that can equip Deadeye' (or otherwise don't need to worry about being in range of a TL during their movement phase).  The problem is cheap torpedoes, fired with 'quality' dice - something usually reserved for higher-skill pilots.

Yeah, this definitely doesn't make them unplayable, but they're not 75-90+ % 4-hit attacks anymore.  Protons are still likely 4 hits, Plasmas will average 3 hits.  Now, though, bad dice will be bad dice, and they have a chance of wasting a torp shot, just like everybody else.  

Yeah, but they also nerfed my BTL/R4/Blaster Turret Thugs.

Cause its such a popular build...

Frack...i just printed off the last one a couple weeks ago too. Ughh..

And yes i need to have that because certain players like to not read the **** thing. Especially a certain Imperial player that keeps trying to use Wampa's ability immediately after rolling a crit before the defender rolls.

Also **** it on the double evade token. Thats a regular strat i pull with some Awings lol double-evade with Jan Ors crew the one thats likely to get hit. Laaaame

Using wampa early only hurts himself. He can cancel it regardless of evade dice. Doing it early just means he cant choose not to cancel it if you blank out

Wow, they nerfed Rudor a second time since release??

Holy crap - who was dominating events (or even using him effectively) such that the designers felt he needed to be nerfed TWICE?!?!

Im guessing valen was just a side effect of the change. Not an intentional nerf

Weeeeeelllllll, U-Boats are finished.

Over locked r4 should still work

Seems to me their new flow chart (which is a good thing) contradicts the Biggs FAQ as it instructs to choose the weapon then the target. However, Biggs says if you can hit him with a weapon, you must use that weapon. If I have an ion turret (max range 2) and Biggs is at range 3, suddenly I cannot choose that weapon if I am attacking a ship in range 1 of Biggs?

Accuracy corrector couldnt be used against Omega Leader last faq either. They already said that any adding, rerolling, or changing of dice is considered modifying dice. Accuracy Corrector adds 2 hits, so that counts as modding.

Got to rub that into a double-blaster accuracy correcting ghost player's face a few weeks ago. Rolled complete blanks and couldnt accuracy corrector it lol.

Gonk can be used to store and recover a shield in the same round.

With EI, but yeah.

To be fair, the old ruling was ridiculous.  "Action: do X or do Y" would have made sense with the old ruling.  But the card was "Action: do X / Action: do Y", which clearly indicates two different actions.

And I've never seen him in any build, ever, at this point - so maybe we'll finally see him around, now.

R4 agro is no longer the go to on Uboats. They are just going to all be Overclocked now. So they will still be good, but much more predictable and counterable with stress.

Any idea of how OCR4 will now work with dengaroo? I think the dengaro infinite focus still works? 

Gonk can be used to store and recover a shield in the same round.

With EI, but yeah.

To be fair, the old ruling was ridiculous.  "Action: do X or do Y" would have made sense with the old ruling.  But the card was "Action: do X / Action: do Y", which clearly indicates two different actions.

And I've never seen him in any build, ever, at this point - so maybe we'll finally see him around, now.

I used him on Moralo at Store Championships.  Came in 9th.  

And Palp Aces are now just, well, insane? Even more so? Cool.

Stress rebels will rise again with the wolves out of the picture.

They wint be gone. Overclocked was a common choice anyway. Statistically ocr4 has same result as r4 does for plasma. Its a slight nerf to proton

Seems to me their new flow chart (which is a good thing) contradicts the Biggs FAQ as it instructs to choose the weapon then the target. However, Biggs says if you can hit him with a weapon, you must use that weapon. If I have an ion turret (max range 2) and Biggs is at range 3, suddenly I cannot choose that weapon if I am attacking a ship in range 1 of Biggs?

The targeting order has actually been like that since the tfa core set. Biggs just overrides it i guess

How so? I'm probably being dumb but a lot of the FAQ goes over my head, particularly how it improves palp aces and nerds scouts.

Well, this is interesting timing for a new FAQ for the two UK Regionals tomorrow...

i imagine if its THAT close to a tournament they wouldnt pay attention to the faq. Especially if you have to register your list beforehand, as a faq could easily make your list 100% useless.

Well, this is interesting timing for a new FAQ for the two UK Regionals tomorrow...

Does the FAQ go into effect immediately?  Will we end up with JM15K players crying into their pints?

Says effective june 27, so yah it takes effect

Wow, they nerfed Rudor a second time since release??

Holy crap - who was dominating events (or even using him effectively) such that the designers felt he needed to be nerfed TWICE?!?!

It was Phyllis in accounting.  She was obliterating them, and they were angry because Phyllis in accounting doesn't even like Star Wars. 

Stress rebels will rise again with the wolves out of the picture.

They wint be gone. Overclocked was a common choice anyway. Statistically ocr4 has same result as r4 does for plasma. Its a slight nerf to proton

Overclocked is alright, but the stress changes some things. There weren't many all-OCr4 builds out there.