Sign in to follow this  
shotbyscott

Imp vet is so much fun to play ....

I'm wondering if Wired could be good on an x7?

Anyone got any thoughts on that?

Ehhhhh no.  It's antisynergistic given that it will only trigger off your choices when you're NOT getting your /x7 bonus.  As a defence against stress it seems a bit pointless given that the stresshogs and the like are well out of favour at the moment.  Spending two points to help when you choose not to use /x7's bonus just seems bad.

Crack Shot, Juke and VI are the most likely epts for /x7s.  PTL if you combine it with TIE mk2 or Ryad, maybe.

I also like Rage on /x7 Ryad because she can clear stress and still k-turn and get an evade.  You have to pick your moments to use it, but when it works, it's gold.

Well Stress Hogs are probably out for a bit, but a 5 Tactician Tie Shuttle Swarm is a real possibility.

How about this? Two point initiative bid and every is PS6?Royal Guard Pilot (22)Push the Limit (3)Autothrusters (2)Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)Royal Guard TIE (0)Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)Predator (3)TIE/x7 (-2)Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)Predator (3)TIE/x7 (-2)Total: 98View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I've been running pretty much this exact list in preparation for a tournament that has no unique pilots or upgrades, and I think it will be awesome in the tournament but it gets wrecked by by defenders with their abilities such as countess and other ships with abilities of around the same point cost.

Well, after just having had my a** handed to me by a triple X7 build, I'm calling the Countess "Mrs Fel" from now on, as she seems to usually have a similar token stack and number of evades...I did manage to take out one Defender with Proximity and Cluster mines littered all over the board [thanks, Sabine], but otherwise it was a washout...

...followed by another game when my opponent decided to use bombs (on his new Vets bombers + punisher) for the first time ever, and got one Proton on my YV, then another dropped judged to the millimeter between the YV and a Z95, hitting both - luckily the Z95 didn't draw the double-hit crit, but he died to cluster missiles the next round anyway [the YV only lasted a few more].

I think EVERYTHING in X-Wing is overpowered and needs Nerfing  :)  ;)

...my only, brief, consolation was that my opponent first managed to bust the mount peg off his Punisher (so used his Defender model), and then after the second game managed to knock both the Defender model and a Vets Bomber on the floor, busting the mount peg off both and a wing off the bomber !!  :rolleyes:

- I say brief consolation, as I had to repair them (he doesn't have the greatest coordination) and ended up with superglue sticking to everything but the **** models, me included  :wacko:

Here are some lists I'm going to try. (I'd use Adaptability on Vader if I had it.)

Target Lock on and Destroy

Darth Vader 29

VI 1

ATC 1

X/1 0

EU 4

Total 35

Omega Leader 21

Juke 2

Comm Relay 3

Total 26

Colonel Vessery 35

VI 1

Ion Cannon 3

TIE/D 0

Total 39

TOTAL 100

Imperial Elites

Countess Ryad 34

PtL 3

TIE/x7 -2

TIE mk. II 1

Total 36

Darth Vader 29

TIE/x1 0 

ATC 1

EU 4

VI 1

Total 35

Delta Squadron Pilot 30

TIE/x7 -2

TIE mk. II (optional) 1

Total 28 or 29

TOTAL 99 or 100

Well, after just having had my a** handed to me by a triple X7 build, I'm calling the Countess "Mrs Fel" from now on, as she seems to usually have a similar token stack and number of evades...I did manage to take out one Defender with Proximity and Cluster mines littered all over the board [thanks, Sabine], but otherwise it was a washout...

...followed by another game when my opponent decided to use bombs (on his new Vets bombers + punisher) for the first time ever, and got one Proton on my YV, then another dropped judged to the millimeter between the YV and a Z95, hitting both - luckily the Z95 didn't draw the double-hit crit, but he died to cluster missiles the next round anyway [the YV only lasted a few more].

I think EVERYTHING in X-Wing is overpowered and needs Nerfing  :)  ;)

...my only, brief, consolation was that my opponent first managed to bust the mount peg off his Punisher (so used his Defender model), and then after the second game managed to knock both the Defender model and a Vets Bomber on the floor, busting the mount peg off both and a wing off the bomber !!  :rolleyes:

- I say brief consolation, as I had to repair them (he doesn't have the greatest coordination) and ended up with superglue sticking to everything but the **** models, me included  :wacko:

Its funny that everyone compares Ryad and Fel when Fel actually killed her...  ;)

i ran this list and it was utterly brutal...

Countess Ryad 34
Juke

tie/x7

Col. Vessery 36
Juke

TIE/x7

Tomax Bren 30

Cool Hand

TIE Shuttle

Fleet Officer

System Officer

Mk2 Engines

Total: 100pts

Every single round, focus + TL + juke on both defenders, since Vessery gets his TL from Ryad's TL. Double focus actually, i if i didnt put one on Tomax, so it can be used defensively and offensively. Tomax ability lets him Evade every time he uses Fleet Officer due to the stress it gives him.

Tomax is surprisingly hard to take down. Still easier than the defenders, but just barely. Main issue is if a random crit gets through it can be mean, since he has no shields. Those 2 defenders hit REALLY **** hard too with those tokens + juke.

Ryad does what i thought she would do: fly circles around people. Im not joking when i say she did a 5k 4 rounds in a row lol....

My mentality was if my opponent burned a focus before i fired, i would willingly take the damage and keep juke because Defenders can do that atleast once without issue. Went against a Dengar and 2rounded him lol (both defenders did 3-4 damage due to Juke and **** near guaranteed 4 hits, k-turned around him and Tomax blocked him to finish him off)

Edited by Vineheart01

You're using juke on defenders and even used the word "incarnation," but you didn't put Carnor in the list? You missed a great opportunity for a pun, and this list is pretty fun too:

Carnor Jax — TIE Interceptor 26

Push the Limit 3

Autothrusters 2

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1

Royal Guard TIE 0

Ship Total: 32

Glaive Squadron Pilot — TIE Defender 34

Juke 2

TIE/x7 -2

Ship Total: 34

Glaive Squadron Pilot — TIE Defender 34

Juke 2

TIE/x7 -2

Ship Total: 34

Sry, need to ask. What's the joke?

Having a hard time not running Ryad 100% of the time but I really wanted to try out Stele in a Defender.

Inquisitor, PtL, Title, AT

Maarak Stele, marksmanship, X/7, Mk II

Tomax Bren, Title, Cool Hand, Systems Off, Fleet Officer

Tomax and Inquis get to shoot at PS8, Maarak at 7 so at least the chances of him getting a crit through are a little higher.  I think someone else earlier posted a similar squad, maybe even with pictures showing the crazy token economy.  Its a fun list

TB + /D is amazing. I was constantly parking my opponents ships on rocks, preventing them from firing, which is always better than having an evade token. My /D defender did way more than my /x7 one did in my game on Sunday. It might actually save Rexlar, because he can make it to PS10 for 40 points, which is not prohibitively expensive.

Edited by DarkArk

Everyone seems to be using Juke, and I thought I would too before they came out, but between earlier games practicing with Juke on other pilots and the games I ran with my Vets when I finally got them, it just seems that Juke almost never actually comes into play. I think the most I've ever had it trigger effectively (which is to say had the defender roll an evade that I could change to a focus, and they didn't have a token to change it back or they didn't roll a roll where they were going to spend a focus token anyway) was maybe twice in a match? But for just one point more per ship, I can take Predator which is helpful 90% of the time it seems. Plus I don't like when I have to choose between spending an Evade token to save damage, or thinking I should save it for Juke. So, after I changed the Jukes out, I changed my bomber in my new favorite squad as well. I took Systems Officer out (now that my ships are in charge of their own rerolls), and put Mara Jade in. The results is a bomber that is monstrously disruptive to enemy formations, and two Defenders that end up with Focus, Focus, Evade for almost every round of combat (that matters).

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)
Predator (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Countess Ryad (34)
Predator (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)
Determination (1)
Fleet Officer (3)
Mara Jade (3)
TIE Shuttle (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Everyone seems to be using Juke, and I thought I would too before they came out, but between earlier games practicing with Juke on other pilots and the games I ran with my Vets when I finally got them, it just seems that Juke almost never actually comes into play. I think the most I've ever had it trigger effectively (which is to say had the defender roll an evade that I could change to a focus, and they didn't have a token to change it back or they didn't roll a roll where they were going to spend a focus token anyway) was maybe twice in a match? But for just one point more per ship, I can take Predator which is helpful 90% of the time it seems. Plus I don't like when I have to choose between spending an Evade token to save damage, or thinking I should save it for Juke. So, after I changed the Jukes out, I changed my bomber in my new favorite squad as well. I took Systems Officer out (now that my ships are in charge of their own rerolls), and put Mara Jade in. The results is a bomber that is monstrously disruptive to enemy formations, and two Defenders that end up with Focus, Focus, Evade for almost every round of combat (that matters). Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)Predator (3)Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)TIE/x7 (-2)Countess Ryad (34)Predator (3)Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)TIE/x7 (-2)Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)Determination (1)Fleet Officer (3)Mara Jade (3)Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)TIE Shuttle (0)Total: 100View in Yet Another Squad Builder

You should run Vessery with Juke. He gets his rerolls from his pilot ability, and Juke is free damage whenever your opponent doesn't have a focus token. And when they do, that means that they'll likely have to spend it in order to defend against your attack. So now they no longer have a focus to modify their attack with. Sensor Jammer also functions this way, if they have to waste their focus punching through Sensor Jammer, now you're hitting their unmodified green dice.

Of course, if they have ways to generate multiple focus tokens then yes, it's not useful. But generally you're getting value from it even if they just spend their focus to reclaim an evade result.

It also drains a focus for other ships in your squad to hit into their unmodified green dice.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

I found a list to test both Bomber characters and the most damaging Defender there is:

97 points

PILOTS

Colonel Vessery (37)
TIE Defender (35), Tractor beam (1), Veteran Instincts (1), TIE/D (0), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Tomax Bren (32)
TIE Bomber (24), Crack Shot (1), Extra Munitions (2), Homing Missiles (5), Long Range Scanners (0)

"Deathfire" (28)
TIE Bomber (17), Extra Munitions (2), Homing Missiles (5), Conner Net (4), Long Range Scanners (0)

Not top tier by any means, but I get to try out both characters and see how good they can be. Vessery gives the list enough of a backbone that it won't immediatly fall apart.

and the most damaging Defender there is

Strange, I don't see Rexler with PTL+MKII or Rexler with a Fleet Officer/High PS Squad Leader in there? :P

Vessery gets both shots modified, Rexlers ability doesn't work early on against shielded ships. You'd need Rexler with both PTL and Fleet Officer nearby to get a similar strength.

Here is a List I'm flying later today:

Omega Leader

Comm Relay

Juke

26 pts

Vessery

Ion Cannon

Adaptability(lowering to PS 5)

Tie/D

38pts

Ryad

Outmaneuver

Tie/x7

35pts

Total 99pts

Going up against a rebel Ghost list after work. Can't wait.

Strange, I don't see Rexler with PTL+MKII or Rexler with a Fleet Officer/High PS Squad Leader in there? :P

Vessery gets both shots modified, Rexlers ability doesn't work early on against shielded ships. You'd need Rexler with both PTL and Fleet Officer nearby to get a similar strength.

I've done Rexler with /D using ion PTL and mk.ii paired up with vessery and a tie shuttle it was horrific I cleared the board by turn three.

I've done Rexler with /D using ion PTL and mk.ii paired up with vessery and a tie shuttle it was horrific I cleared the board by turn three.

Sure, Rexler shouldn't be discarded and he is pretty freaking great, but he isn't the most damaging Defender in the long run. Anecdotical evidence is anecdotical.