Sign in to follow this  
FellowPT

Worth buying 2 imperial veterans?

I've already got 2 defenders and bombers but wondering if it's worth buying 2 copies of this. System officer looks like it could be good but only one copy in the expansion. Also anyone wanting to run 3 Glavine builds will need a third x7 title. Are people generally thinking they want more than 1 copy of this?

the primary reason you'd want 2 vets is:

1) Triple glaive cards. Tbh i dont see a point for a third glaive, run ryad instead of 1 glaive.

2) Multiple system officers. Since it doesnt work on yourself (other friendly ships ... ugh) outside epic i dont see a reason for 2 or even a way to run 2 and still have an offense worth mentioning.

3) 3 tie/d or 3 tie/x7 or 4 tie/shuttle titles. Probably the main reason people are going to get 2, since theres a lot of 4shuttle lists going around or trip x7.

Im not getting 2 "yet" because im not super super competitive so i'd rather everyone get their hands on it than min-max myself.

If you need those cards to fly 3 or 4 ships with the same title, yeah, you'd probably should buy it.
If you are only in for one or two cards though, you could, depending on where you life, buy the card seperatly, as you can't fit more than 3 Defenders into one list anyways.

On the other hand if you are in for EPIC, then go for it, buy dem Vets.

I'll just sit here and be sad that the Rebel Heroes is kinda meh^^

Well, I am planning on three. NEED three Red Defenders. Plus, gives me enough titles for when my group sets up an Epic game for ALL the Defenders. Also, more Crack for the Crackswarm I want to try some time. And extra Tractor Beams for some of the other squads I want to try. 

the primary reason you'd want 2 vets is:

1) Triple glaive cards. Tbh i dont see a point for a third glaive, run ryad instead of 1 glaive.

2) Multiple system officers. Since it doesnt work on yourself (other friendly ships ... ugh) outside epic i dont see a reason for 2 or even a way to run 2 and still have an offense worth mentioning.

3) 3 tie/d or 3 tie/x7 or 4 tie/shuttle titles. Probably the main reason people are going to get 2, since theres a lot of 4shuttle lists going around or trip x7.

Im not getting 2 "yet" because im not super super competitive so i'd rather everyone get their hands on it than min-max myself.

For 1) you will need two sets because Ryad is probably on the back of one glaive base.

I've played Defenders before they were cool and their play style really works for me, so I'm getting 2 because I will for sure want to run triple Defenders at some point.

Whether it's worth it if you're not already a fan of the ship (or bombers) is a whole different question.

There is no reason to ever run 3 Glaives in a 100-point list as long as Ryad exists.

And little reason to run 2 when you can go cheaper and field Onyx squadron pilots.

Having a third x7 title and another red Defender and the Bomber is the reason to buy a 2nd Veterans. Getting 4 copies of the 0 point upgrade will let you field 4 Alpha strike Bombers, or use the Gamma Veterans for a 4 Bomber + Deadeye list.

You'll need at least 2 Defender expansions to field 2 Onyx Defenders with Ryad. So you'll end up with 4 Defenders for epic.

But instead of 3 x7s you could run a Defender/D with a Flechette or Carnor Jax. and save your money.

And Palpatine in a shuttle, if you like that I guess.

Edited by Vulf

I would say, yes, yes it is worth.  It is truly worth.  Why wouldn't you get at least 2 boxes?  It may be the fact I love running Imps, but I can't stop getting all Imp ships.

For epic you need at least Six defenders...maybe nine...yes nine sounds right.

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
Juke (2)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)
Juke (2)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Juke (2)
TIE/x7 (-2)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Total: 300

Yeah, you're gonna want four packs... And assuming you buy standard hulls for the rest, this means that Vessery and Stele can fly colour-coded formations. :D

For epic you need at least Six defenders...maybe nine...yes nine sounds right.

Juke (2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

Juke (2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)

Juke (2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

Colonel Vessery (35)

Juke (2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

"Omega Leader" (21)

Juke (2)

Comm Relay (3)

Total: 300

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Yeah, you're gonna want four packs... And assuming you buy standard hulls for the rest, this means that Vessery and Stele can fly colour-coded formations. :D

lol who owns 9 Juke upgrade cards? Edited by MrMaggles