Sign in to follow this  
XBear

An example of NOT flying casual

And come on, who always reads every page before commenting anyways?

At 20+ pages, I don't blame people for not reading the whole thread, but 12 pages is hardly a lot to ask, especially when the purpose of your post is to disagree with what others are saying without the context of the rest of the thread. There are times when I don't post because I know I haven't read the whole thread. There are other times that I post without reading the whole thread, but I make that explicit in my post and keep an open mind, remembering that I don't have the whole story.

Sure bud, speak for yourself, 200+ posts now is a lot.  It is not that interesting to me, now all the changes with FAQ on the other hand...

Hey, you asked, I answered. Simple as that.

At 20+ pages, I don't blame people for not reading the whole thread, but 12 pages is hardly a lot to ask, especially when the purpose of your post is to disagree with what others are saying without the context of the rest of the thread. There are times when I don't post because I know I haven't read the whole thread. There are other times that I post without reading the whole thread, but I make that explicit in my post and keep an open mind, remembering that I don't have the whole story.
Sure bud, speak for yourself, 200+ posts now is a lot.  It is not that interesting to me, now all the changes with FAQ on the other hand...

Haha, it was rhetorical.  But now we can double Gonk.  Nice.  And how this new flow chart works.  Good stuff.    

If you don't want to be bothered to at least skim a thread before jumping into it, then you risk looking a bit silly when people point out that what your saying doesn't jive with what has been presented in the thread. When you double down and still continue the same line of reasoning without bothering to read the thread, then you look like an ass. When you triple down on it and don't even bother to read the thread when people give you hyperlinks, then you've proven yourself an ass and an idiot.

Don't read threads at your own risk before commenting. But don't expet others to excuse your willful ignorance in doing so.

He would rather plead ignorance than actually face the facts, sadly that's most people's opinion on their actions in society.

Rules are rules. They are there to create order out of chaos, keep the honest people honest, and not there to be "liked". In a home game I expect "house rules" to be established prior to play. In a tournament setting I expect things to be by the book.

-Cal

PS: I didn't read all 12 pages. I read the first few when the thread started.

12 pages of reactions to #ragequit?

The OP was an ass for not following the rules when asked by the TO at a tourney. Eyewitness reports universally state the OP was the rude one, yet due to the store owner being merciful the OP wasn't rightfully thrown out on his head. The situation was deescalated and the OP is selling his collection because he is still too butt hurt over it all.

That's it.

And Chewbacon only when it's not crispy.

a rule is a rule. if you don't have to follow that one I don't have to follow the ones I don't want to.

You know that's a bad argument, right?

It's like people forget Nazi Germany, they had rules about killing disabled folk were the people opposed to that wrong because a rule is a rule?

Being a rule does not make it automatically right, just or moral.

a rule is a rule. if you don't have to follow that one I don't have to follow the ones I don't want to.

It's like people forget Nazi Germany

but if they do, people will never forget godwin

Edited by ficklegreendice

Except you know he's talking about the rules of a game that all parties agreed to abided by when they agreed to play in an event.

Not the murder of entire ethnic groups as social policy. Seriously making that comparison is disgusting and asinine.

People agree to abide by societies conventions and rules as well.

And it wasn't ethnic groups it was German citizens born disabled.

A rule is a rule is a terrible argument no matter the context.

Except you know he's talking about the rules of a game that all parties agreed to abided by when they agreed to play in an event.

Not the murder of entire ethnic groups as social policy. Seriously making that comparison is disgusting and asinine.

Then how's he signed up to play in an X-Wing tournament played by the official ruleset and therefore is bound to follow that ruleset?

Yes, it's a fairly pointless one, but even more pointless is kicking up a fuss with the TO over it.

If you don't stand for something you stand for nothing.

Neither player cared and just wanted to keep playing, the TO was the one who came over and disrupted the game.

Both sides are in the wrong.

You know who else breathed air to resperate? Nazis! Breathing as a biological need is a terrible argument no matter the context.

It's like people forget Nazi Germany, they had rules about killing disabled folk were the people opposed to that wrong because a rule is a rule?

Being a rule does not make it automatically right, just or moral.

Thats not a rule, thats a law.