Sign in to follow this  
Toofy

Cults for the hatred talent

Hello all 40k fans, just had a quick question for those well versed into the lore of warhammer 40k, under the hatred talent for cults: specific, I could not find any specific cults in the core book, I plan on picking up supplements very soon, but was wondering which cults could be used for this talent. Do they mean specific chaos gods like Khorne or Slaanesh and cults designed specificaly around them?

The latter.

You can actually find references and the seeds of many cannon Calixis cults in the DH Timeline found on the support page and anouther in the free adventure, Edge of Darkness. There are quite a few more detailed in Disciples of the Dark Gods, but you are in no way limited to the cannon ones. Any cult you can come up with (chaos, heretek, heretic, xenos worshiping, naughty pleasure lovers, Scientology, Imperial for the more hereticaly minded, etc) will fill the bill. It just has to be a specific cult and not a general cult type (like Khone cults, or chaos cults). A good rule of thumb, if it has a specific name, such as The Temple of Staary Wisdom, it'll work, but if it's just Chaos Cults, it wont. ;-)

Edit, as for cults that can be used, it's best to go with ones that are actualy plaguing your character. After all, not only would you have a solid reason for hatting them, but you'd also be sure that you'd get to use the talent ;-)

A few would be:

1. The Logicians (DotDG)
  2. The Brotherhood of Horned Darkness (DotDG)
  3. The Temple Tendency (DotDG)
  4. The Pale Throng (DotDG, IH)
  5. The Masked (DH)
  6. The Astral Knives (IH)
  7. The Beast House (DotDG)
  8. The Night Cult (DotDG)
  9. The Pilgrims of Hayte (DotDG)
  10. The Vitrian Covanant (IH)
  11. The Moritat (IH)
  12. The Redemption (IH)
  13. The Sisters of the Void (IH)
  14. The Drusians (IH)

Correct...but since the Drusians are one of the earliest imperial cults whom got sanctioned by the Ministorum in the Calixis Sector I would doubt that developing a hatred against them would be of much good (that´s like living in the state of the pope in italy while hating catholics!)

Gregorius21778 said:

Correct...but since the Drusians are one of the earliest imperial cults whom got sanctioned by the Ministorum in the Calixis Sector I would doubt that developing a hatred against them would be of much good (that´s like living in the state of the pope in italy while hating catholics!)

... Meaning, you hate pretty much everyone so much that you'll get boosts to weapon skill regardless of whom you're fighting with. Win/win situation. angel.gif

After all, it's not always that Inquisitorial agemnts has to fights the enemies of mankind, but they are also expected to have to take down other armed factions as well. Some of them being the "good and holy" members of the Imperium themselves.

It's dirty work, but sometimes someone pretty much has to do it.

Given the existence of the incredibly poorly defined Hatred: Heretics Talent, I think Hatred: Adeptus Mechanicus is more than reasonable. After all, it's not as if it's unreasonable for a character who hates all Tech-Priests for reasons of doctrine or prejudice to exist.

Dalnor Surloc said:

I think you'd need to be more narrow.  For example

Solex

Disiples of Thule

Why?

I mean consider a real world racist and KKK member who hates black people. Do you think he/she would make a distinction if a black person comes from New York or Nigeria?

Just sayin' gui%C3%B1o.gif

Counter argument: In that case "Hatred: Chaos Cults" should be fine, if you're a rabid chaos hating imperial lackey why does it matter what flavour of chaos the enemy is, chaos is chaos, it doesn't matter to them whether you're spikey chaos or slinky sexy chaos.

That's why it requires a bit more narrowness, at least imo.