Sign in to follow this  
Darkcloak

Imp Vets, Asmodee and Brexit. FFG makes big mistake.

Guest Andy1909

Why are you guys writing about lighting things? I don't get that.

Also, but this could be my lack of language knowledge but I think you're spelling it wrong.

Archie

Hey Archie,

If you mean Illuminati, that's the only lighting reference I can see,  it refers to a super secret organisation that every nut job believes runs the world. 

As for the post brexit (shuddering) Asmodee, all Britains are now going to be getting a unicorn in the post theories....

FFG/Asmodee before Thursday were going to sell x number of vets. I will bet FFG/Asmodee,  after Thursday, are going to sell the same x number of vets. The Brits on this forum may not buy food but, by Jingo we are going to buy our little toy spaceships :-)  If being round gamers for my 50 years has taught me one thing we are strange people with different priorities and amongst all the things that are going to change after Thursday, I doubt FFG volume sales are going to change in England (I'm using the term England all over the place now as after Thursday I live in a different country, the UK just hasn't split yet)

And with that I am off to see what are the requirements for a non EU citizen to live in Portugal :-) whilst trying to avoid the news for at least a week. 

Glad to know Joe Boss Red Seven thinks my topic is lousy.  I'd hate to appeal to that sort of audience anyways.  Don't you have some Gunboaters to scare with your silly Werewolf pictures?

Thanks for the reads and replies everyone.  As the Brexit Vote pans out and more is learned about how this affected everyone I'm sure we'll see plenty evidence of other companies cashing in on a collapsed pound. 

To think that suggesting a company take advantage of an upcoming market shift be met with such resistance from mere consumers is alarming!  Really we ought to have more interest in how companies operate, especially the ones we support.  I would be very interested in investigating why Imperial Veterans faced such delays, only to arrive in the UK early, right before a key political decision was to be made.  I'm not saying Asmodee had advanced knowledge of the Brexit outcome, but if you think a global corporation isn't brainstorming how to handle a situation like Brexit, then you are the silly one.

Meanwhile at Asmodee Hq: "Gentlemen, the collapse of the pound is imminent and while we have already sold our products to the distributors because these people buy litteral months in advance I have an idea: we should let them move it up earlier so that they can acquire as many pre-collapse pounds as possible! Then come the collapse all of them will be ruined as their currency implodes!"

And then they all laughed and burned hundred pound notes to light their cigars rolled in the Magna Carta, their dagger safely thrust into the bussom of the Uk.

I could see Asmodee letting Imp Vets out early just in case the British did something dumb like LEAVE THE EU. Can't blame Asmodee from getting some extra cash as the country imploded.

I work for a fortune 25 company. This week we got an email saying fall bonuses will drop 3% and matching 401k contributions will max at 3% (normally 4%). Is that sh*tty, sure. But I'd rather keep my job as they soften the blow the British dealt the world yesterday.

If selling imp vets early is to prevent some losses and save some jobs, why be a ***** about it?

Edited by Silver leader

I mean, problem number one with the theory is that I picked up my ships last Thursday, but I'm in Ireland. We don't use Sterling, and wouldn't be any more or less effected by the result than continental Europe. If the reason for this push was to get sales in before the Brexit vote, why can I freely pick them up in stores here?

Same thing here in the Netherlands. Been in stores for days. We don't use the pound and our prices are not affected.