Sign in to follow this  
Darth Onyx

Rogue One - TIE Striker

Entertainment Weekly released their new issue today and a Star Wars Rogue One article headlines their cover.  Not only is Darth Vadar going to be making an appearance in the newest movie, but three TIE Strikers are also shown flying over the beach head.  MSN's Entertainment Weekly's link states, "The movie will feature never-before-seen vehicles, like the fang-toothed TIE Strikers  as well as some sinister new classes of Stormtroopers."  I'm sure it's only going be a matter of time until FFG announces the TIE-Striker release.

http://www.guidelive.com/geek/2016/06/22/rogue-one-star-wars-story-darth-vader-ew

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/gallery/bonus-rogue-one-photos-and-some-burning-questions-about-the-star-wars-movie/ss-AAhAYB5?li=BBnb7Kz

The TIE-Striker will only get a release if it is an actual space fighter. Things like the book that was leaked recently point to it being a airspeeder, like the T-47 or the Bespin Cloud Car. If its a speeder we wont have a release.

And yes, there have been several posts/threads on said fighter.

The TIE-Striker will only get a release if it is an actual space fighter. Things like the book that was leaked recently point to it being a airspeeder, like the T-47 or the Bespin Cloud Car. If its a speeder we wont have a release.

Its a space fighter, FFG will release it, it will be our first TIE with a turret.  Glad to have that settled.

Its a space fighter, FFG will release it, it will be our first TIE with a turret. Glad to have that settled.

Two attack, two hull, two named pilots, two s-sloops, and two k turns, all white. Edited by FourDogsInaHorseSuit

Its a space fighter, FFG will release it, it will be our first TIE with a turret.  Glad to have that settled.

I hope so. That way it would really add something to the TIE series.

Its a space fighter, FFG will release it, it will be our first TIE with a turret. Glad to have that settled.

Two attack, two hull, two named pilots, two s-sloops, and two k turns, all white.

The is no reason for we to assume it has 2 hull. Unless it has shield, it is safe to assume it will get the standard 3 hull. 

As for the 2 red dice, if it has only those 2 lower guns, yes. A 360º (if it is indeed a turret) 2 red dice for a cheep Imperial ship wouldn't be bad. The "ortho" showed two possible extra guns under the cockpit, but those could be missile launchers (like the Defender).

For the speed, we can assume it will have boost. 

Two attack, two hull, two named pilots, two s-sloops, and two k turns, all white.

The is no reason for we to assume it has 2 hull. Unless it has shield, it is safe to assume it will get the standard 3 hull. 

As for the 2 red dice, if it has only those 2 lower guns, yes. A 360º (if it is indeed a turret) 2 red dice for a cheep Imperial ship wouldn't be bad. The "ortho" showed two possible extra guns under the cockpit, but those could be missile launchers (like the Defender).

Why would we assume anything? We know very little about it. Just call your guess a guess like every one else.

Why would we assume anything? We know very little about it. Just call your guess a guess like every one else.

Because we all know it'll have 7 agility. We're precognitive.

It's slower in atmo than a standard tie I doubt it'll have boost.

It's 1500 kmh while the TIE/ln is 1200 and TIE/in is 1250. Heck, even A-Wing is 1300.

How is that slower?

If it doesn't have boost I don't know what ship would have.

It's slower in atmo than a standard tie I doubt it'll have boost.

It's 1500 kmh while the TIE/ln is 1200 and TIE/in is 1250. Heck, even A-Wing is 1300.

How is that slower?

If it doesn't have boost I don't know what ship would have.

Wookieepedia has altered since I last looked those speeds were reversed with ln being faster.

I'd think the ship could be solid either being turreted like people have said, or 2a/3d/3h/0s with a different dial then Tie fighters and a title that states: "increase your agility by 1, you can not equip Modifactions. After using an "Action:" header, preform a free action." Make it one point.

Because the way I see it, it's a small run prototype. I can't imagine any modifications being made to it in universe, and all the pilots were probably pretty talented to use this new ship, so give them all an EPT.

It's not turreted unless it has something else to offer (else it'll just be an inefficient 2 die primary platform)

It has more business carrying a turret than the tie/SF (which ffg wisely gave an aux arc to instead)

Anyway, the only reason able turret we could give it would be secondary weapons and in that case we'd risk OPing the thing unless we gave it a limited dial like every other ship with the upgrade slot

Having an interceptor or tie/fo esque ship zipping around with TLTs is a big no-no

It'd need a defender's dial minus the white 4k

Have we gone back in time?

Yep

I built a time machine and encountered my future self. This resulted in a breakdown of the space-time continuum that scrambled days and months.

What you thought were past topics on this subject were in fact future topics reflected back through a subspace tear.

Sorry about that.

But the future does look good.

Assuming I haven't just altered it by telling you.

Yep

I built a time machine and encountered my future self. This resulted in a breakdown of the space-time continuum that scrambled days and months.

What you thought were past topics on this subject were in fact future topics reflected back through a subspace tear.

Sorry about that.

You can't alter time as soon as you go back you create a new dimension.

Yep

Sorry about that.

Like Disney did?

Yep

Sorry about that.

Like Disney did?

no, you're thinking of Star Trek

Edited by ficklegreendice

Yep

Sorry about that.

Like Disney did?

no, you're thinking of Star Trek

Mara Jade, Ben Skywalker, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo and so many others say otherwise.