Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Segmentvs

Veterans release article is up

48 posts in this topic

*Yawn*. When are we getting a real article with real content?

do you really want previews of things we, judging by how long vets took to come out, probably won't see in our lifetime :P

At least we'd have something to talk about.

I would've thought that the mission was worth talking about.  The whole game doesn't revolve around tournaments.

benskywalker, Segmentvs and GMRen like this

Yeah, pretty meh article! But what can u expect from expansion that has been spoiled before.

Kudos for the mission part! :)

It's not really the "release" article...it's the "released next week" article.

Strange.

Will they post their usual "In Stores Now" *actual* release article on the 30th?

ive yet to do a single mission. I'd rather use the ships in some odd RPG game than do a mission personally.

While obviously i havnt played them so i really cant say this with concrete, but i always felt like any game with scenarios to play one side is heavily biased for. Different game modes is fine but scenarios...kinda hard to keep them balanced when you add wonky things to the mix.

The missions are a lot of fun!  You should give them a try.  The 3 player mission that comes with the Agressor is one of my favorites! 

GMRen and dewbie420 like this

Amazon:

$25.72$29.95Prime
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.

Thanks for posting that. Just cancelled an order I placed last month on another website and saved myself shipping costs since I have amazon prime :D

Now you are cooking with napalm!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

dewbie420 likes this

So again, what was the point of the Asmodee merger if Amazon.com can put product on my table 1 week before FFG can even post a goddamn article about it?

Seriously guys, what was the point?  Cuz to me it looks like some bigwigs shook hands and made money and nothing changed.  Why bother spouting all that crap about the importance of game shops if the first thing you release is going to prove unequivocally that you were lying?

I have a serious mind to go down and get my preorder money back and buy some Dice Masters.  I dunno, maybe if I couldn't just go online and buy the kit right now it wouldn't be such a big deal, but I'm looking at the article where FFG says they care, and I'm looking at the release date for Imp Vets and I'm wondering why online retailers are selling it already.  I mean... all this talk about caring more about casual play and missions... you guys just ****** up big time by allowing online retailers the very advantage you promised they wouldn't get, now you're gonna tell me about flinging bombs?  I got something I could fling...

Stuff takes time.  I get that, really I do.  But here we are, with kits everywhere already and FFG has the audacity to say 'next week, may vary'?!

What's the address for Amazon.com again? Lol.   I think I'll just circumvent the problem entirely! 

do you really want previews of things we, judging by how long vets took to come out, probably won't see in our lifetime :P

I suspect that the people who are the most vocal about FFG not releasing information more quickly and completely tend to play games on Vassal as much if not more than they play on the table. Release dates are meaningless. As soon as the dial, points, and pilots are spoiled Vassal players have their new toys. 

Parakitor and GMRen like this

I suspect that the people who are the most vocal about FFG not releasing information more quickly and completely tend to play games on Vassal as much if not more than they play on the table. Release dates are meaningless. As soon as the dial, points, and pilots are spoiled Vassal players have their new toys. 

Good point. I play on Vassal a fair amount, but I never use unreleased content, just as a rule for myself. I just don't get as much enjoyment with the new pack if I've already played the ships (tried it once, and it ruined the thrill of opening the pack).

Budgernaut likes this

I don't play on Vassal it's just that the fang is promising to be the perfect manifestation of my preferred playstyle in a way that Talonbane could never be. I gotta see that dial to know if I'm just getting my heart played with by another boy coming through and wowing me with 9 pilot skill but failing to deliver by the time we hit the table.

ive yet to do a single mission. I'd rather use the ships in some odd RPG game than do a mission personally.

While obviously i havnt played them so i really cant say this with concrete, but i always felt like any game with scenarios to play one side is heavily biased for. Different game modes is fine but scenarios...kinda hard to keep them balanced when you add wonky things to the mix.

play the IG mission, it's a miracle

Budgernaut likes this

Yup, going to have to get 3. 

I already brought home 2. Realised that I've apparently lost one of the dials for my existing 2 Defenders. Now genuinely wondering if I can justify getting a third just for a replacement Defender dial.

I already brought home 2. Realised that I've apparently lost one of the dials for my existing 2 Defenders. Now genuinely wondering if I can justify getting a third just for a replacement Defender dial.

You will always be +1 ship -1 dial though.

You will always be +1 ship -1 dial though.

Yes, but it's excellent exscuse to get more!

It should be interesting to see how the mission rules incorporate the defender into the rebel side.

Will there be a penalty of some kind imposed or will it be a one-off free pass?

And even more intriguing will be if future missions will have cross-faction squads occasionally.