Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Which rebel list for local tourney? Regen or mini swarm

My local meta hasn't embraced u-boats in any way at all so don't think will face them and not sure what imp vets will bring to the table but I've got a shortlist of 3:

Jukebox (96)

Green Squadron Pilot (24) - A-Wing
Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Juke (2)

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Juke (2)

Rebel Regen (100)

Poe Dameron (37) - T-70 X-Wing
Veteran Instincts (1), R5-P9 (3), Autothrusters (2)

Ello Asty (37) - T-70 X-Wing
Veteran Instincts (1), R2-D2 (4), Autothrusters (2)

Jake Farrell (26) - A-Wing
Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Veteran Instincts (1)

10/10 (99)

Corran Horn (42) - E-Wing
Veteran Instincts (1), R2-D2 (4), Fire Control System (2)

Poe Dameron (37) - T-70 X-Wing
Veteran Instincts (1), R5-P9 (3), Autothrusters (2)

Airen Cracken (20) - Z-95 Headhunter
Veteran Instincts (1)

Which would you go for (and if you can be bothered why)?

Thanks

All 3 are solid lists. You can't go wrong with the e wing and poe. That's a solid, veteran build, tried and tested. Rememeber to joist, fly away, regen, turn around and repeat. If you bump, you're dead. You need to be extra careful with Corran because you are forgoing boost. That might be very dangerous. Keep cracken close to either of the aces but the other one should be kept farther away.

I would personally fly the a wings or the ello list because they look very fun.

The A wing list I've flown before. As tempting as it is, do not fly in formation. Too predictable. Fly each green a a a mini ace. Make sure you focus and evade almost every single round. You'll need it. If you loose 2 ships and haven't taken something with you, you're in for a hard time.

Ello.... I love ello. Again, eith that list I would say break it up. Be very aggressive with some of the ships to provoke your opponent to respond to them. Then fake them out and retreat while your secondary element flanks.

With any list.... be unpredictable. Don't go with the best most obvious choice. Change it up

I have had great results with my rebel regen list (Poe, Red Ace, Kyle with Jan and TLT) however this was before U-boats arrived. Anordnance alpha strike could easily take off one T70 with no chance to regen.

I kinda like the A-wing list too although since you have 4 points spare, I would be tempted to upgrade one to Jake perhaps.

The A wing list I've flown before. As tempting as it is, do not fly in formation. Too predictable. Fly each green a a a mini ace. Make sure you focus and evade almost every single round. You'll need it. If you loose 2 ships and haven't taken something with you, you're in for a hard time.

Yeah, this is the list that I have probably used the most and have always flown exactly as you say. Initially tried formation but really didn't seem to work that way. Took it to regionals and it was fun but also a real slog, a lot of matches went to time!

I kinda like the A-wing list too although since you have 4 points spare, I would be tempted to upgrade one to Jake perhaps.

I used to run it with Jake but found that next to the Juke GSP's he wasn't doing much damage and was also a really obvious target. With 4 ships all the same I find opponents are more likely to spread their fire, mostly because they forget who they shot at!

The build I am running with Corran and Poe is exactly the same as yours. But I take out Cracken and put in the following A-wing:

Green Squad Pilot:

-Awing Test Pilot

-Adaptability

-Draw Their Fire

-Char Refit

-Autothrusters

That A-wing build is the best blocker in the game right now in my opinion. It also allows you to take a couple crits off your Aces if needed. It almost always ends up dying, but they have to waste a full uboat volley or multiple turns to do it. Taking the focus of Poe and Corran for mulitple turns is the best thing possible for this build. Additionally, if the games are timed in your tournament, you are likely to only lose the 20 points put into the A-wing if it goes the entire time limit.

Never thought of using draw their fire like that but can see how would be good even if saves one nasty crit.

I find Airen almost always gets focused down first in a similar way. Just don't put Corean on a rock, that ends badly

Went with the Cracken list in the end. Two losses to start, a bye and then two wins.

First list I lost to went 5-0 for the day so no shame in that.

Second game was 3 Tie/FOs, a PS2 defender and a Vader shuttle. Thought I'd try to joust and get something off the board before it shot. Successfully took down a TIE before Poe got tractor beamed and died, not a good trade. Eventually lost when Corran also got tractor beamed.

Much more cautious in the last 2 games and never really looked like losing them. Some real lessons learnt!