Howdy folks,

So with Imp Vets tomorrow in UK I thought of this little support build for Bren

TIE Bomber: · Tomax Bren (24)

Cool Hand (1)

· Experimental Interface (3)

TIE Shuttle (0)

Fleet Officer (3)

Intelligence Agent (1)

Fly near your allies, get stressed with EI from Fleet Officer and change it to evade every turn

Thoughts?

Won't that get you 2 stress per turn? One each from EI and the Fleet Officer.

So, you'd be doing green manoeuvres each turn, making you predictable: how about using Mara Jade as the 2nd crew? Give all those ships trying to shoot you stress, or avoid you.

So you're willing to pay 9 points for an evade token?  I say that because a scimitar with the same build costs 22 points.  You do gain +6 pilot skill, but for a support ship, that's not a big deal.  I'd almost say its worth it if you could hand off the evade token to another ship, but since you can't....meh?

Funny, I've been playing around with looking at ways to use Tomax as well. Was going to post this list, then I found this thread. Anyway, I came up with the same build for Tomax as a supporter...

Tomax Bren (31)
TIE Bomber (24), TIE Shuttle (0), Cool Hand (1), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1), Fleet Officer (3), Systems Officer (2)

Gamma Squadron Pilot (27)
TIE Bomber (18), Extra Munitions (2), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Concussion Missiles (4), Guidance Chips (0)

Gamma Squadron Pilot (30)
TIE Bomber (18), Extra Munitions (2), Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6), Concussion Missiles (4), Guidance Chips (0)

Academy Pilot (12)

The bombers move, take target locks. Tomax follows, Fleet Officer for their focus, Cool hand for his own, losing the stress. Academy for blocking/ nibbling/ being ignored. In an ideal world, you'd get the plasma torp to fire @ range 2/3 and get the other bomber into range one APT.

with the Mk2 engines & Systems Officer, you can even pass a target lock, freeing the a bomber to barrel roll or take extra focus.

There's wiggle room here to for swapping out other missiles /torps. 

thoughts?

100 points

Countess Ryad (36)
TIE Defender (34), Push the Limit (3), TIE/x7 (-2), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (36)
TIE Defender (34), Push the Limit (3), TIE/x7 (-2), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Tomax Bren (28)
TIE Bomber (24), TIE Shuttle (0), Crack Shot (1), Darth Vader (3)

Last night I ran two Glaives and a Gamma Squadron. This is me picking up a few things from the two games I had. Both opponents thought the bomber would be an easy first kill. It not only pulled gave the defenders space, but the Bomber held it's own and took a couple of ships out!

Gamma ended up in some good positions with 5K and barrel roll surprising people. Tomax would be a boost to this, cancelling evades and hopefully going down to his crits on my terms. Ryad's K's would be extremely useful and give me a good chance at making some Defender pincers.

Yeah I don't get support Bren either

It's such a massive waste of points and an ability to do something a scimitar could do for 8 points less

With systems office trigger at PS 8 it makes slightly more sense, but otherwise the scimitar is simply far superior for the job

A scimitar doesn't get an infinite cool hand, which is the purpose of this build

Yeah I don't get support Bren either

It's such a massive waste of points and an ability to do something a scimitar could do for 8 points less

With systems office trigger at PS 8 it makes slightly more sense, but otherwise the scimitar is simply far superior for the job

A scimitar doesn't get an infinite cool hand, which is the purpose of this build

but what are you getting out of infinite cool hand?

an evade?

for what? the bloated support ship that no one is going to be shooting at because it hits exactly as hard as an academy pilot?

the build is correct with tie/mk2, but in literally every case it's simply more effective on a scimitar (especially if you go back to int agent, which the PS 2 can use to block with like an utter bastard whereas the PS 8 bren rarely can)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Building more of an annoyer with mine.

Tomax Bren - (31)

Lightning Reflexes, TIE Shuttle, Mk2 engine, Mara Jade, Tactician

Glaive Squadron - (34)

Juke, X7

Glaive Squadron - (34)

Juke, X7

So this thing is capable of 1 to 3 K-Turns and Sloops, all green every turn with no reliance on your own action economy. Anything at R1 gets stressed, anything at R2 i shoot at gets stressed. Difficult to catch and fairly annoying when your opponent would much rather be concentrating on the pair of Defenders.

Edited by Sonikgav

Or a crazy survivable support build:

Tomax Bren (32)
TIE Bomber (24), TIE Shuttle (0), Cool Hand (1), Fleet Officer (3), Ysanne Isard (4)

Fleet Officer + Cool Hand to throw out focus and give yourself an evade.

Once you take a damage ... move, Fleet officer for Focus, clear stress with Cool Hand to get an evade token; start of combat phase Isard kicks in for a free evade action which nets a second evade token. Two evades and a Focus, with no stress, every turn you get an action.  You're Bomber Soontir, almost.

Silly, but probably fun.

Tomax Bren (32)

TIE Bomber (24), TIE Shuttle (0), Cool Hand (1), Fleet Officer (3), Ysanne Isard (4)

Once you take a damage ... move, Fleet officer for Focus, clear stress with Cool Hand to get an evade token; start of combat phase Isard kicks in for a free evade action which nets a second evade token. Two evades and a Focus, with no stress, every turn you get an action.  You're Bomber Soontir, almost.

Silly, but probably fun.

You don't clear stress with Cool Hand, you just asaign a focus or evade token. So this won't allow Yssanne's evade

Tomax Bren (32)

Silly, but probably fun.

You don't clear stress with Cool Hand, you just asaign a focus or evade token. So this won't allow Yssanne's evade

Ah.  Missed that.

Move along ...

Would't these cards match up better?1EC5FA75-9C63-4F53-B9E0-682DEAA4B7E1.pngDB28D570-BAF6-4A50-98D3-E9BEF3ADCB89.jpg

I agree, this seems the sensible option. Played against him today with Crackshot, Concussion Missiles, Flachette Torpedoes, Extra Munitions and Guidance Chips. All those munitions left a big bullseye on his head so took him out before any got fired.

We decided he may have been better just with Crackshot as could do damage without being an obvious target.

Would't these cards match up better?1EC5FA75-9C63-4F53-B9E0-682DEAA4B7E1.pngDB28D570-BAF6-4A50-98D3-E9BEF3ADCB89.jpg

I agree, this seems the sensible option. Played against him today with Crackshot, Concussion Missiles, Flachette Torpedoes, Extra Munitions and Guidance Chips. All those munitions left a big bullseye on his head so took him out before any got fired.

We decided he may have been better just with Crackshot as could do damage without being an obvious target.

Yeah, that build looks good on paper, but'll get smoked first. I like just one rocket type munition and crackshot.

Been playing with this a little.  Need target locks?  We've got target locks.

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Tomax Bren (24)
Cool Hand (1)
Fleet Officer (3)
Systems Officer (2)
TIE Shuttle (0)

Darth Vader (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)