Sign in to follow this  
Tanarri

How do you kit out your 4-lom in this list?

So I initially was running

Guri virago sensor jammer auto thrusters adaptability

Palob dorsal turret moldy crow adaptability cloak

4-lom juke sensor jammer zuckuss misthunter tractor beam

Turns out that palob doesn't need the cloak like I thought he would everyone goes for 4-lom or guri first. Evading with 4-lom means not getting any way to modify my attack dice and if I am up again aces I either don't get juke or I don't get the evade. So the second interation of the list dropped cloak traded out juke for wired. I did great with 4-lom but he was still clunky. So how do you kit him out in the following list

Guri virago sensor jammer auto thrusters adaptability

Palob dorsal turret moldy crow adaptability

4-lom: Sensor Jammer Misthunter Tractor beam ???

My thoughts are Either opportunist on 4-lom or push on 4-lom with either greedo on palob or inertial dampeners on someone. 

Guri (30):

• Predator (3)
  • Autothrusters (2)
  • Virago (1)
  • Sensor Jammer (4)

Total: 40 pts

Palob Godalhi (20):

• Wired (1)
  • Dorsal Turret (3)
  • Zuckuss (1)

Total: 25 pts

4-LOM (27):

• Rage (1)
  • Advanced Sensors (3)
  • Tactician (2)
  • Mist Hunter (0)
  • Tractor Beam (1)

Total: 34 pts

Accept the fact that 4-LOM will burn quickly and make the most out what he's supposed to do, which is to hand out stress. Raging 4-LOM, when played right, has full atk mods and can stress out two ships per turn. You only need to manage your Rage turns with Adv. Sensors and position yourself accordingly, which requires a bit of foreplanning. The rest of the list is geared for maximum efficiency with what's left.

Guri (30):

• Predator (3)
  • Autothrusters (2)
  • Virago (1)
  • Sensor Jammer (4)

Total: 40 pts

Palob Godalhi (20):

• Wired (1)
  • Dorsal Turret (3)
  • Zuckuss (1)

Total: 25 pts

4-LOM (27):

• Rage (1)
  • Advanced Sensors (3)
  • Tactician (2)
  • Mist Hunter (0)
  • Tractor Beam (1)

Total: 34 pts

Accept the fact that 4-LOM will burn quickly and make the most out what he's supposed to do, which is to hand out stress. Raging 4-LOM, when played right, has full atk mods and can stress out two ships per turn. You only need to manage your Rage turns with Adv. Sensors and position yourself accordingly, which requires a bit of foreplanning. The rest of the list is geared for maximum efficiency with what's left.

I hadn't thought about rage. I can usually dump 2 stress a turn so if rage is the only thing providing stress you don't really need advanced sensors, though really having 2 stress makes it almost useless to have advanced sensors at all. 4-lom also lasts longer than you would think when your opponent stops taking focus actions and you have sensor jammer on.  I would probably make up the points by dropping predator for lonewolf which I much prefer on Guri. I will definitely have to think about rage.

Edited by Tanarri

The point of Adv. Sensors is that you Rage before you reveal the dial. Once you do, preferably with a green maneuver, you clear one stress. 4-LOM's effect clears the other if you're at R1 of something, freeing you to use Rage again on yor next turn. And Tactician passes stress if you shoot something @R2.

The point of Adv. Sensors is that you Rage before you reveal the dial. Once you do, preferably with a green maneuver, you clear one stress. 4-LOM's effect clears the other if you're at R1 of something, freeing you to use Rage again on yor next turn. And Tactician passes stress if you shoot something @R2.

I wasn't thinking along that line but I still think I would rather run it like this:

Guri virago sensor jammer auto thrusters  - 37

Palob dorsal turret moldy crow adaptability - 26

4-lom: Rage Sensor Jammer Misthunter Tractor beam tactician  - 35

Leaving me 2 points to play around with. Maybe/probably lone wolf on guri though that means I would need to keep palob close to 4-lom to start.

I run mine like this:

G-1A Starfighter: · 4-LOM (27)

Stay on Target (2)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Hull Upgrade (3)

Navigator (3)

· Mist Hunter (0)

Inertial Dampeners (1)

Tractor Beam (1)

Or like this:

G-1A Starfighter: · 4-LOM (27)

Wired (1)

Sensor Jammer (4)

· Zuckuss (1)

· Mist Hunter (0)

· Cloaking Device (2)

Tractor Beam (1)

Usually with Shield or hull upgrade.

I like the first one more just for the ability to get behind a lower PS opponent and stalk them while unleashing 4 dice R1 hate on them. Even had the ability to full stop once if he wants something to fly past him. But they are expensive.

I run 4-LOM with Rage, title/tractor beam, adv. sensors and Outlaw Tech.

This allows him to either adv. Sensor rage and do a green or adv sensor TL and do a red. Either way, he ends up with double modifiers and a stress to pass on. Fly him next to wired/zuckuss Palob with the turret of your choice for a wingman who loves the stress you can't dump on an enemy.

If I ran 4-lom (probably wouldn't over Zuckuss), it'd be with...zuckuss (crew) for cheap, easy stress generation that can screw your opponent over even if you only limit yourself to one green re-rolled per attack

FCS is then a must for a ship getting no modifiers

EPT slot is free because of ECS; might as well be veteran instincts to tie with the ever popular inquisitor

flavor with title for maneuverability and occasional game winning tractor-beam (might literally fire it once every 2 games, but with an obstacle to throw people over that shot can literally decide the game then and there). Cloaking also isn't the worst (it's not for agility--agility is worthless--it's for the 2-foward "boost" into range 1)

very nice and easy 31 to 32 points, which is good because the g1-a is such a horribly squishy thing and you don't want to overburden it with upgrades when it's just exceptionally likely to get 2-shot by proton torpedoes anyway

Manaroo could help a lot, especially if you want to go HAM with Zuckuss and still get mods. Manaroo also doubles as an incredible blocker with feedback array to make aces easier to deal with. With unhinged astromech, you can share stress with her (if there are no enemies in range) and still have her perform her function with minimal to no difficulty. At the very least, the jm5k + unhinged dial is VASTLY superior for dealing with stress than the g1-a's

unhinged + k4 is also a winning combo with her, allowing her to pass mods even if she screws up (or, alternatively, self-bumps in order to force a slow moving enemy to bump). Even if 4-lom has FCS, Manaroo can support the third ship in the build or keep the TL for herself to do some surprising damage

you could PTL Manaroo, but I'd avoid it due to 4-lom's ability and because it's really not necessary when you have k4. You can do something as simple as adaptability down to PS 3 (bump torpedo scouts) or crackshot

Edited by ficklegreendice

I agree with the above. It is the 4-LOM build i use. Trick is (loke most scum 'aces') bring something just as dangerous to take some early fire. I like pairing him with BugZappers and Mux. Ignore the big block of ships, get hammered by 4-LOM. Go for 4-LOM get hammered by the zappers.

Also running him with a uboat is nice. JM5Ks freak people out so that will be the priority.

Hounds Tooth might be another option. Big ship, huge arc, and a chunk of health. And with Maralo you can have a HLC fortress.

Lots and lots of options (hence why i like scum).

Cloak is a really great offensive tool for Palob, it allows him to make his ability matter from the very start of the match. Cloaking HWKs also are hilarious, so don't discard it! Forgive me for not reading through the thread, I'll just post what I'd do with those pilots:

4-LOM (32)
G-1A Starfighter (27), Veteran Instincts (1), Zuckuss (1), Fire-Control System (2), Mist Hunter (0), Tractor beam (1)

Guri (40)
StarViper (30), Predator (3), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Sensor Jammer (4)

Palob Godalhi (28)
HWK-290 (20), Dorsal Turret (3), Cloaking Device (2), Moldy Crow (3)

It keeps 4-LOM slim, because 8 health behind one green dice isn't very reliable.