Sign in to follow this  
Joe Boss Red Seven

AHH SHADDUP... and Love TIE STING-A-DING-LING!

I don't really get why people see the Striker as atmospheric only.

Dunno... prolly because in the first images of it we saw it zooming over palm trees... so obviously it can only operate in beach environments.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If that's the case then flight suits should consist of Imperial themed speedos and bikinis.

Say what you will about the TIE Striker (or whatever it is), but the things look far more atmospherically adapted than pretty much any other TIE variant. If anything, I'd be surprised to see them operate at high altitude or in vacuum.

There is no vacuum in space in Star Wars.

As evidenced in empire when Han and friends wander around the inside of (what they assume is) a cave without spacesuits.

Star Wars space has never followed space rules. Ever.

Dunno... prolly because in the first images of it we saw it zooming over palm trees... so obviously it can only operate in beach environments.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If that's the case then flight suits should consist of Imperial themed speedos and bikinis.

Could work fine... prolly.

;)

cf876f207a416e97bee07c6428b067a6.jpg

Say what you will about the TIE Striker (or whatever it is), but the things look far more atmospherically adapted than pretty much any other TIE variant. If anything, I'd be surprised to see them operate at high altitude or in vacuum.

As evidenced in empire when Han and friends wander around the inside of (what they assume is) a cave without spacesuits.

The cave had its own minimal atmosphere, and they still had to wear breathing units. You don't have your eyes pop out when you are exposed to vacuum, and when in an enclosed space that isn't under direct sunlight your clothes will do a great job of keeping your temperature relatively constant (since there's no heat convection, just heat radiation). It should be entirely possible to operate in normal clothes in vacuum for several minutes so long as you have a breathing apparatus, though you may suffer from the bends or whatever once you repressurized.

Besides, why would TIE pilots need those suits they wear if there's atmo is space?

Because it was described as an atmo TIE when it was revealed.

It may well be capable of spaceflight but so's the LAAT/i gunship.

well, given how the normal Tie/LN is perhaps the exact opposite of aerodynamic I can see why they'd make one

then again, didn't seem to bother the Tie/FOs

Also the Rebels episode with the space whales. Also the way all of the ships move.

I doubt we will see a rogue one core set. TFA core set is still recent & we don't even know if these things are capable of space flight.

Disney never misses a movie tie-in opportunity and the Striker has been shown, in leaked images, flying in space around the Death Star.

Also the way all of the ships move.

Unless you're Darth Vader in Rebels.  He can temporarily apply space physics to his TIE to 180 it while still moving forward to blast pursuers.