Sign in to follow this  
mazz0

Turns out making the First Order colour scheme isn't as easy as inverting the Imperial one

I thought they simply inverted colours... but no, they inverted colours and made small adjustments! TIE/fo and TIE/sf are masterpieces of starship design!

That totally changed my opinion about TFA, thank you.

Lol, don't be such a sourpuss!

I thought they simply inverted colours... but no, they inverted colours and made small adjustments! TIE/fo and TIE/sf are masterpieces of starship design!

I think the OP is trying to make custom cards.

Nah, I'm just bored so thought I'd see what it looked like simply inverted, and then I was still bored so I decided to try and get it looking right.  This was all triggered by me wondering if we'll see Kylo in a fighter, and if so will they do the rather predictable thing of giving him a First Order TIE Advanced.

Here's my latest go:

IMG_5573.PNG

If you invert the colours on your diffuse map (assuming no dirt layer, no AO bake or other self shadowing shenanigans) before you render, you come pretty close to the FO colours. It really is that simple.

Same basic story for Poe's T-70 vs all the other ones.

Edited by MacchuWA

Nah, I'm just bored so thought I'd see what it looked like simply inverted, and then I was still bored so I decided to try and get it looking right.  This was all triggered by me wondering if we'll see Kylo in a fighter, and if so will they do the rather predictable thing of giving him a First Order TIE Advanced.

Here's my latest go:

IMG_5573.PNG

12339474_10156270497435142_4384407784736

12314335_10156270497560142_4469334002220

and here's Kylo

12819210_10156557542115142_4441785493886

finally achieving his dream of being just like grandpa

Here's my latest go:

IMG_5573.PNG

Maaaan with looks like that how can anybody say the FO color scheme is bad? That's totally sick.

Here's my latest go:

IMG_5573.PNG

Maaaan with looks like that how can anybody say the FO color scheme is bad? That's totally sick.

Definitely sharp as h*