Sign in to follow this  
doobleg

=THE NEXT ARMADA EVENT ON VASSAL= ROUND ONE... FIGHT!!!

See Ard make the game-deciding roll he's been waiting for all week!

See Deadshane continue driving his Nebulons like X-wings!

Will Salvation survive?

Will Deadshane pay for the squadron command he dropped on
Admonition last turn?

Or will he meticulously pick apart Ard's fleet piece by piece?

Join us in 10 minutes (or so) for the exciting conclusion of...

Ard vs Deadshane!

Will Salvation survive?

Will Deadshane pay for the squadron command he dropped on Admonition last turn?

Ard vs Deadshane!

The current battle:

FC9C6iC.png?1

A tip to Rieekan's HaT!

Malluca (Fleet: Vassal Tournament) vs. Darth Veggie (Fleet: Rieekan's HaT): 9-1 victory for Darth Veggie (MOV 300).

Malluca was first player. Objective: Most Wanted.

It was Malluca's first time with Vassal and a pleasant experience to meet him. Thanks again for the game!

Vlog posted soon

What were the points scored for both players? :)

WhatsArmadaWithYou beats Miferr, 113-11 for a 7-3, 102 MOV!

We played my Minefields, and I set up with most of my mines to one side. Then using the magic of Madine I swooped two CR90s behind the mines, and my MC80 did an almost 90 degree turn to stick to the other side. Although I knew my MC80 was tough, I was very worried about keeping the CR90s alive with Demolisher around. My strategy was to stick to the sides so that Demo would have to chance flying off the board to attack the CR90s.

I really was hoping WAWY would charge the MC80 with his glads, but he smartly turned around and focused on the CR90s. He gambled by flying through the minefields, and it paid off; I did a fair amount of damage to Demo with the CR90s, but it was able to kill them first.

I probably should have angled the MC80 to the center a little earlier. I was worried about the Glads picking off my 3rd CR90, so I was keeping Home One near it, and trying to keep my front away from the Glads. But WAWY was definitely keeping his distance from Home One, so I would have been better off trying to charge the ships that were all in the middle.

In the squadron game, I knew his Imperial aces severely outmatched my 5 A-wings--especially since I was wanting to nav with Madine rather than issue squad commands--so I just played keep away with them. IG88 barely caught one of them and killed it pretty quickly. Then in the last round, he caught one of my A-wings with a TIE Interceptor, but that was a gift; the A-wing countered, then killed the Interceptor during the squadron phase, breaking my shutout.

Even though I lost and nothing actually got shot for the first few rounds, I had a ton of fun playing! Possibly the most fun game I've played; I laughed the entire first few rounds just flying around mines. Madine is just plain fun to fly because you can pull off some crazy stunts. But Screed definitely won the commander matchup this time. Hats off to WAWY, he was a great opponent!

Edited by miferr

Well, after a grueling battle that was almost entirely determined on turn 3, Deadshane vs Ard is resolved with a 5-5 split, 280-271, victory to Deadshane. 

Those EA/IO Nebulons, as silly as I thought they were going in, were no joke, keeping pressure on my flotillas the entire game.  Coupled with just outrageous flying on Deadshane's part, taking full advantage of his Nav Teams while his flotillas orbited the action feeding in nav tokens, we basically both exploded at the station on turn 3 and then danced around the rest of the game.  The only reason it wasn't a bigger blowout was the station:  the MC30's were scary-looking enough to force his ships out of the center for a few turns, racking me up a single-token lead. 

Other than that, the squadrons duked it out while the ships did the majority of the heavy lifting--he traded 60 points of A-wings for 58 points of Jan+X-wings, and we traded a pair of MC30's for a pair of Nebulons.

Great game by Shane.  Specifically appreciate that we were able to keep it good-natured despite mistakes on both sides (mostly mine).  We traded some strategic feedback after the game... So, all around a good time!

Edit:  Oh, and, sorry but there won't be a log.  I forgot to start it back up when we resumed tonight.  :(

Edited by Ardaedhel

Hartley and I just finished up our match.

7-3  171 to 94, for victory for tgall

We played Dangerous Territory, Hartley was Player 1.

Losses were Tycho + 4 A wings and 1 CR90 with TRCs

Losses on my side were 1 Raider (with ORD) and 1 Aggressor

Hartley had 2 victory tokens, I had 4.

( 60 + 51 + 60 = 171 vs  94  = 16 + 48 + 30)

Sort of amazingly bloodless game all things considered. Ackbar in his usually fish face shell was flinging broadsides where he could. Hartleys 3 CR90s swung around in front of the MC80 before the CR90s come in for my flank where my firesprays made quick work of the one CR90.

The squadron battle happened outside in the MC80s neighborhood with my aggressors using their squadron commands to come in and pick off the A-wings one by one.

Demolisher didn't do much tho he got a few tail pipe shots as Demolisher does. The MC80 ended up with few side and rear shields and 2 crits worth of damage.

Hopefully the emperor is most pleased......

Will Salvation survive?

Will Deadshane pay for the squadron command he dropped on Admonition last turn?

Ard vs Deadshane!

The current battle:

FC9C6iC.png?1

Yes, this was quite the glorious pic right here.  Taken right after the 'Trump' had taken a close range broadside it had NO business surviving.  This pit fight was glorious Chaos!

Well, after a grueling battle that was almost entirely determined on turn 3, Deadshane vs Ard is resolved with a 5-5 split, 280-271, victory to Deadshane. 

Those EA/IO Nebulons, as silly as I thought they were going in, were no joke, keeping pressure on my flotillas the entire game.  Coupled with just outrageous flying on Deadshane's part, taking full advantage of his Nav Teams while his flotillas orbited the action feeding in nav tokens, we basically both exploded at the station on turn 3 and then danced around the rest of the game.  The only reason it wasn't a bigger blowout was the station:  the MC30's were scary-looking enough to force his ships out of the center for a few turns, racking me up a single-token lead. 

Other than that, the squadrons duked it out while the ships did the majority of the heavy lifting--he traded 60 points of A-wings for 58 points of Jan+X-wings, and we traded a pair of MC30's for a pair of Nebulons.

Great game by Shane.  Specifically appreciate that we were able to keep it good-natured despite mistakes on both sides (mostly mine).  We traded some strategic feedback after the game... So, all around a good time!

Edit:  Oh, and, sorry but there won't be a log.  I forgot to start it back up when we resumed tonight.  :(

Verified, very good game.  Friendly albeit with a couple rules issues that took no time to iron out!  Very sweet opening for both of us all things considered.  A hard fought battle.  Quapla'mey!

A tip to Rieekan's HaT!

Malluca (Fleet: Vassal Tournament) vs. Darth Veggie (Fleet: Rieekan's HaT): 9-1 victory for Darth Veggie (MOV 300).

It was Malluca's first time with Vassal and a pleasant experience to meet him. Thanks again for the game!

Vlog posted soon

Points scored by both players are: 119 Malluca to 409 Darth Veggie. Sorry, for forgetting that.

As I recognized there was a mistake with the MOV, it is merely 290 in my favour. I corrected the numbers in my original posting as well. The vlog is online now.

A tip to Rieekan's HaT!

Vlog posted soon

Points scored by both players are: 119 Malluca to 409 Darth Veggie. Sorry, for forgetting that.

As I recognized there was a mistake with the MOV, it is merely 290 in my favour. I corrected the numbers in my original posting as well. The vlog is online now.

Odd, I thought it was 109 to 409, but I didn't save the vlog.  Either way.  

Thanks to Darth Veggie for walking me through how to use Armada.  Darth was (despite his name...) exceedingly patient and helpful to a noob.

WhatsArmadaWithYou beats Miferr, 113-11 for a 7-3, 102 MOV!

We played my Minefields, and I set up with most of my mines to one side. Then using the magic of Madine I swooped two CR90s behind the mines, and my MC80 did an almost 90 degree turn to stick to the other side. Although I knew my MC80 was tough, I was very worried about keeping the CR90s alive with Demolisher around. My strategy was to stick to the sides so that Demo would have to chance flying off the board to attack the CR90s.

I really was hoping WAWY would charge the MC80 with his glads, but he smartly turned around and focused on the CR90s. He gambled by flying through the minefields, and it paid off; I did a fair amount of damage to Demo with the CR90s, but it was able to kill them first.

I probably should have angled the MC80 to the center a little earlier. I was worried about the Glads picking off my 3rd CR90, so I was keeping Home One near it, and trying to keep my front away from the Glads. But WAWY was definitely keeping his distance from Home One, so I would have been better off trying to charge the ships that were all in the middle.

In the squadron game, I knew his Imperial aces severely outmatched my 5 A-wings--especially since I was wanting to nav with Madine rather than issue squad commands--so I just played keep away with them. IG88 barely caught one of them and killed it pretty quickly. Then in the last round, he caught one of my A-wings with a TIE Interceptor, but that was a gift; the A-wing countered, then killed the Interceptor during the squadron phase, breaking my shutout.

Even though I lost and nothing actually got shot for the first few rounds, I had a ton of fun playing! Possibly the most fun game I've played; I laughed the entire first few rounds just flying around mines. Madine is just plain fun to fly because you can pull off some crazy stunts. But Screed definitely won the commander matchup this time. Hats off to WAWY, he was a great opponent!

Great write-up, Miferr! Fun, very strategic game.

I had bid and chose to go first. I angled my ships right (facing down from top) except my Raider which was headed straight south in hopes of surprising a CR90 since I had last-first activation potential. However Miferr smartly took his left 2 vette's "west" around the minefield. I pursued with the raider but quickly realized that I couldn't match the speed/turning ability of Madine-controlled cr90s. So I decided to sweep the Demo in a short circle thru the minefield, triggering one mine while narrowly avoiding 3 (three!) other mines.

In the end, it was the best decision. Demo pulled a circle right past its initial deployment spot, damaging a cr90 (enough for my squadrons to nullify), but also blocking the trailing cr90 which was pinched between the rear of Demo and the mines. Lucky it landed with just a TINY bit of its front hull in Demo's left arc. That unfortunate move ended the CR90 after a roll of 7 damage. In the end it wouldn't have mattered as my trailing Glad was only an engine tech and a first activation away.

Things that made a difference: I head-faked the 2nd Glad and the 2 gozantis, and my squadrons to the "east" to give the MC80 a credible threat. Then I pulled everything back to the west. And Miferr thankfully kept his mc80 back seeing that threat. If he had moved it in sooner and engine tech-ed to expose his broadside he might have really hurt me. But of course he would have been risking nearly half of his fleet points. He very wisely denied me engagement of his squadrons which I desperately wanted to destroy.

I'm away from home but I made some screen grabs. I'll post them when I'm back in the homestead. Thanks again, Miferr!

If you want a game message me Vip. I will play you with some fun lists (though what I think is fun is still competitive so be wary :P )

Will do ;). Thanks very much for the offer, and I'm looking at the wave 4 previews with sheer longing.

And I like competitive, helps me focus for one thing and also has a motivational factor.

Thanks Lyr...I'll pm when I feel like a game

Hope you don't go too far, though - looking forward to playing with you again down the line. :)

Yeah.. thanks very much too Doobleg! Hopefully get a chance to play you sometime.

Pilot Vs Clontroper will continue In about 2 hours

starting now

AND ITS OVER!!!

I was first player and won with an mov of 306 to give me a solid 9-1 win. We played minefields

The ramathon was to much for Poor Pilot who only managed to kill 2 of My Corvettekazis simply by having to many hits points to ram :P

turn 2 I ramed Bright hope and forced it to run into not 1 but 2 of pilots Mines causing it to be Blasted into Oblivion! this was followed by 6 rams into his flagship bringing it down. (2 of those rams also landed on an asteroid resulting in a dead corvette) I also ramed salvation with 2 corvettes for 4 damage.

turn 3 I started with blasting the side of salvation to finish it off, no rams required. this was followed by a solid salvo from pilots remaining  Frigate dealing to cards to one of my corvettes wich would then ram it Sacrificing itself for the Greater good! I wasn't quite able to get that last ram in SO his frigate survived until the start of round 4 after which we had a tense moment waiting to see if the vette that claimed the kill would survive his fighters attacks. Fortunately for me it did

GG to pilot and Thanks for being a good sport in spite of being Compeltly Ramed to death by a very Cheesy Fleet :P