Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeJedi

Best Place To Buy X-wing Ships

Your local game store. That is, of course, presuming you have one. I know not everyone does. Consider the extra cost (also, you don't have to pay shipping!) to be a premium you pay to keep their doors open so you have a place to play.

If you must resort to online retailers, CoolStuff and Miniatures Market would also be my first choices.

Edited by theninthguardian

Mini Market and Cool Stuff Inc.

I throw 5$ at my flgs to use their floor space.  I would be shocked if their margin on concessions did not vastly outpace their sales of games and don't feel bad about buying as cheaply as I can.  I won't show up at all if the game is too expensive to play/keep up with.

Recently picked up the Gozanti and Rebel Transport for $35ea on sale.  

Edited by Cr0aker

I used book depository to get into the game, they only have the older waves, not sure why and my inquiry as to when they might get the newer stuff in baffled them. But I digress, they do international free shipping, I wanted a Raider and got it from them delivered for $95.00 Australian roughly. Just checked their site now and they have IG 2000 for $31.35 Aus. I am not sure how much that is in US dollars, but it is cheaper than that, plus with free delivery that's a bargain. The longest I have ever waited for a delivery was 10 days, the shortest was 5. If you need older X Wing stuff, I highly recommend them. But a caveat... their stock is sporadic depending on what you want.

https://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=x+wing&search=Find+book

I should add free shipping is on every order, no matter what you spend.

I checked out Cool Stuff Inc, there was about $190.00 US of stuff I wanted to buy. They still wanted to charge $92.00 delivery. Given how low the Aussie Dollar is versus the greenback atm, is not much of a saving for International buyers. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

My brother and I combine to get $100 or over on minimarket then price is great with free shipping. Buying just a single ship or two, I go amazon, or sometimes LGS if cost diff isnt big deal, like saving $1 off the new dials, or $2 off Imperial Vets pre-order, etc. If the difference is 39.99 for Hound Tooth at LGS or $25 on amazon, UH, sorry LGS  :P

My LGS is actually usually better priced than Amazon. Right now most singles are $12 and $16 rather than $15/20, and boxes are from $20-$30. Ghost is at $40. They'll even run occasional BOGOF sales (Black Friday, etc).

About the only online ordering I do is when Coolstuffinc has a *big* sale, and there are a lot of ships I need to catch up on, or when someone hits me with an Amazon gift card.

Support that Local Game store whenever you can, because that's where a lot of people first learn about the game. More views = more opponents = better tournaments.

If you live in an area with a Barnes & Nobles, and you have a membership, I can get ships there same price as online.  Then you don't have to worry about shipping cost and can buy 1 or 2 at a time, and also have it immediately.

When a new wave comes out, I usually buy enough of each new ship to run 100pts of that ship. Usually this means 3-5 of each ship. I always buy 1 of each from my LGS just to patronize a local business, but then I get the rest of the wave from Miniaturemarket or Coolstuffinc to save money. That way I still get a good deal and have none of the guilt.

I'm spoiled because the FLGSs price at 20% off MSRP. So its usually the best deal (tax on a couple ships being cheaper than most online retailers' shipping charges), or only cents to, at worst, maybe dollar or two more.

FWIW, my FLGS is also an online retailer Atomic Empire.

Ask your LGS if they are willing to give you a discount if you preorder ships and prepay for them ahead of time. I did and mine gives a 20% discount for doing so.

Echo: buy at your local store, if you have one, at least some of the time.

Echo: online retailers like CoolStuffInc, MiniatureMarket, BookDepository, and Amazon can offer pretty good prices (but savings vary depending on where you live).

New info: you can track Amazon prices with tools like http://TheTracktor.com so you can tell when a price (either at Amazon or elsewhere) is "pretty good" versus "really good."

I in the UK and have found chaos cards to be really good, I search for the best deal I can the submit a price match.

They give free shipping over £20, 3% cashback on all orders and once you get gold or silver membership an extra 2-3% off the marked price.  They also give vouchers each month which are normally about £3 off any order over £38 and £5 off any order over £100.  These tend to combine quite nicely and get a good deal.

I know retail is a little bit more but if there is a local shop I would strongly tell you to buy from them if you can. Personally the only shop close to me closed because people  would complain that local prices are to much and stopped spending money. With the online prices matching much closure to retail, I would highly tell you if your going to play local buy something from them each time you go in even if its a soda/water. Ask if they do discounts on larger order if your tight on money, it never hurts to ask.

I have had a great deal of success with Ebay from time to time there are some killer deals, also on facebook there is a group called star wars miniatures swap and sell with over 6k people, I see a lot of lots on there for sale I also have never had a problem with it. Rollforcrit has some good deals from time to time.

Edited by Cubanboy

Your local game store. That is, of course, presuming you have one. I know not everyone does. Consider the extra cost (also, you don't have to pay shipping!) to be a premium you pay to keep their doors open so you have a place to play.

If you must resort to online retailers, CoolStuff and Miniatures Market would also be my first choices.

Oddly enough CoolStuff is one of my local game stores and I have gone there to play games.

I know retail is a little bit more but if there is a local shop I would strongly tell you to buy from them if you can. Personally the only shop close to me closed because people  would complain that local prices are to much and stopped spending money. With the online prices matching much closure to retail, I would highly tell you if your going to play local buy something from them each time you go in even if its a soda/water. Ask if they do discounts on larger order if your tight on money, it never hurts to ask.

I have had a great deal of success with Ebay from time to time there are some killer deals, also on facebook there is a group called star wars miniatures swap and sell with over 6k people, I see a lot of lots on there for sale I also have never had a problem with it. Rollforcrit has some good deals from time to time.

I've had very mixed results.

As I said above Coolstuff is one of the local stores. I've bought stuff from them and played there. There are three others.

One I've never played at; nice people though. Kind of out of the way, no further than CSI though, and a bit small to game.

Another with a nice room to game but the manager has always been rude; hates X-Wing, pushes Attack Wing whenever you even mention X-Wing; says X-Wing is dieing out and hasn't came out with anything new for a year, etc... but has a nice room to game. I've purchased very little and typically don't go there.

The last one is where I purchased most of my X-Wing and Imperial Assault. We agreed to a discount but he often complains about it. I've offered to pay list but then he declines. According to him, his distributor often limits what he can get, allocated, since I get a discount other people get theirs first. Once I got a crushed box. Another time I didn't get anything of the Wave. That's how I ended up driving to CoolStuff in the first place; I was able to get that Wave plus the other ships I was short on.

Finally I purchased Star War: Armada and Wings of Glory exclusively from Miniature Market. There were running a sale of Star Wars: Armada so I picked everything, Core, Wave I and Wave II all at once. Great prices and free shipping.

[Edit] So you could say I have spread it around.

Other games really depends on the store and pricing. I spend far to much to ignore pricing and discounts.

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

Well my LGS is full retail on everything at all times. I guess I've never asked them about any discounts or anything, but that seems like something they'd want to post very visibly.

I've bought a few things there, but most have been miniature market or Amazon. I don't actually ever play in the store, so. . .