Sign in to follow this  
Bullroarer Took

I like the horse

Also, that other piece with the men of Gondor with their shields looks great. So happy for the Gondor support this cycle!

If you read the URL on that card, you'll see that it links to a .jpg entitled "Hold The Line", so we can surmise that this is the name of the card for which this art is being used.

Also, that other piece with the men of Gondor with their shields looks great. So happy for the Gondor support this cycle!

If you read the URL on that card, you'll see that it links to a .jpg entitled "Hold The Line", so we can surmise that this is the name of the card for which this art is being used.

Good catch. It does sound more like a Tactics card than Leadership, but I hope it is awesome whatever it is.

Damrod Trap Deck:

Forest Snare

Ambush

Ranger Spikes

Entangling Nets

Does anyone use Ithilien Pit or Poisoned Stakes?

I use Ithilien pit in a 3-4 player fellowship where one of my friends is using Ents to handle most of the combat.  it allows them to essentially have Ranged on that particular enemy, which has been real helpful.  

Edited by Slothgodfather

I'm still a little confused about how Ithilien Pit works. At first glance it doesn't seem to me that more than one character can attack it at a time if it's not engaged with them. Please tell me I'm wrong about that.

The armoured destrier could be great on Elrohir but that restricted slot it takes up is tricky. I put Elven Mail and Gondorian Shield on Elrohir so I sort of really need those two restricted slots for these cards. An extra ready and a shadow discard more or less most rounds (so long as he is featured in a "combat" deck) is pretty **** nice though! 

Some other great recipients that are not that obvious are Elrond and Tactigorn. Slap Elven Mail on Elrond and he can receive the armoured destrier and with Vilya and UC attached he can quest, ready and defend (and discard a shadow) and then ready again to use Vilya/attack if need be. Put StwB on Tactigorn and he can receive the armoured destrier and with wingfoot or UC he can quest and ready, then defend (and discard a shadow) and ready and finally attack. These situations obviously require a bit of setup but I feel like the horse can be just as useful on heroes like these as it is on the heroes it is sort of intended for (Denethor, Boromir, Faramir). Pretty much any hero that is a decent defender can benefit greatly from this attachment as it can allow them to either defend multiple times or defend then perform any other action while also discarding shadow cards at the same time. 

I feel like it is great on a hero you are using as a secondary or backup defender as well as it essentially means you can still use that hero for whatever other action they are most useful for while also defending at least one attack each turn with them and you can then discard a shadow card from an enemy you plan to defend with your main defender further providing support and minimising damage to your main defender. 

I sort of wish that it was limit 1 per character rather than restricted but it would probably be too good if that was the case..

Ithilien Pit works well for me in a mono-Lore deck, when there's a big baddie in the staging area whose engagement cost is well over my threat, and I need to kill but can't handle direct engagement. Let him sit up there and take potshots until I can defeat him.

The armoured destrier could be great on Elrohir but that restricted slot it takes up is tricky. I put Elven Mail and Gondorian Shield on Elrohir so I sort of really need those two restricted slots for these cards. An extra ready and a shadow discard more or less most rounds (so long as he is featured in a "combat" deck) is pretty **** nice though! 

Some other great recipients that are not that obvious are Elrond and Tactigorn. Slap Elven Mail on Elrond and he can receive the armoured destrier and with Vilya and UC attached he can quest, ready and defend (and discard a shadow) and then ready again to use Vilya/attack if need be. Put StwB on Tactigorn and he can receive the armoured destrier and with wingfoot or UC he can quest and ready, then defend (and discard a shadow) and ready and finally attack. These situations obviously require a bit of setup but I feel like the horse can be just as useful on heroes like these as it is on the heroes it is sort of intended for (Denethor, Boromir, Faramir). Pretty much any hero that is a decent defender can benefit greatly from this attachment as it can allow them to either defend multiple times or defend then perform any other action while also discarding shadow cards at the same time. 

I feel like it is great on a hero you are using as a secondary or backup defender as well as it essentially means you can still use that hero for whatever other action they are most useful for while also defending at least one attack each turn with them and you can then discard a shadow card from an enemy you plan to defend with your main defender further providing support and minimising damage to your main defender. 

I sort of wish that it was limit 1 per character rather than restricted but it would probably be too good if that was the case..

How about using Dunedain Warning instead of the shield? Same bonus for non Gondor. Even if you're using Steward on Elrohir, this will circumvent your restricted predicament.

Armored Destrier works pretty well on Dori, too. Use him to defend the first attack, then ready and use him to boost the defense of another defending hero.

Mostly, I'm really happy to see the Sentinel keyword get some serious support in this pack. There's a hyper-defense deck of sorts now, with Erkenbrand, Dori, and Beregond, lots of sentinel allies, and all the great sentinel support cards.

I already run x3 of both Warning and the Shield.... and x2 Lorien Cloak in the other deck paired with the one Elrohir is in.... 

Need as much defense on Elrohir as possible to turn him into a wall.

Its just unfortunate that Lorien Cloak gives +2 instead of +1 so rarely and only in certain quests or I could potentially run x3 Cloak instead of 2 and x3 Warning and forget about the shield. 

The +2 the shield provides for 1 resource (and 1 tactics resource at that which are far less important in the deck than leadership resources) is just so **** good.... If dunedain warning was tactics I would also be more open to trying out x3 warning and x3 cloak and not running shield as leadership resources are essential for allowing Elrohir to defend multiple times to begin with.

I know I sort of shot down your suggestion but any other ideas?  :P 

I was thinking of maybe adding protector of lorien but there isn't enough card draw to facilitate this in my combat deck... 
Blood of Numenor although unthematic might be a good choice.... especially if the new horse attachment is involved as it allows a free ready while defending before having to spend leadership resources for further readying. This should save a leadership resource on most turns meaning there are potentially more which can be spent on Blood if need be.... hmmm

Armored Destrier works pretty well on Dori, too. Use him to defend the first attack, then ready and use him to boost the defense of another defending hero.

I thought the same when I saw it too. Dori is quite good if you have readying, but as I only own one core set I have a limited access to UC. You could use two horses or a horse and a Ring Mail to make him a good defender (defend, ready, boost). I like decks which uses heroes for things they aren´t supposed to do, and I have a really bad deck with Grima, Dori and Arwen who uses Arwen (with LoV) and maybe Grima to quest, Dori and maybe Grima to defend and Arwen and maybe Dori to attack (Arwen uses some elven weapons). The idea is to pair Dori with a lore hero to give him "access" to a Burning Brand, but relying on Arwen to attack was a really bad idea. I think that deck needs a Glorfindel to work.