Sign in to follow this  
Frostweasel

Wave 9 is this genuine?

Yes, yes it is. Annoucement is over a week old so you'll have to scroll through or filter the main page arctiles to find it

The arc fighter is a rebel refit and not a step into factions from ep 1-3. it's supposedly slow, with only 2 red dice but has a title giving it an aux arc.

Yes, yes it is. Annoucement is over a week old so you'll have to scroll through or filter the main page arctiles to find it

The arc fighter is a rebel refit and not a step into factions from ep 1-3. it's supposedly slow, with only 2 red dice but has a title giving it an aux arc.

No, it always has an aux arc, the free title gives it a third red from the primary arc, and a mini focus for the rear arc

Also, it may not be a step into CW era factions, but it is a step into prequel film ships. N1 in Wave X.

Edited by mazz0

Also, it may not be a step into CW era factions, but it is a step into prequel film ships. N1 in Wave X.

To avoid confusion: Thats a guess, but an educated one, since there is a recent comic featuring N1s with Leia flying one of them, meaning there is high caliber named pilot for the ships. I don't care much for the N1, but as a vehicle for Leia? Sure, why not!

To avoid confusion: Thats a guess, but an educated one, since there is a recent comic featuring N1s with Leia flying one of them, meaning there is high caliber named pilot for the ships. I don't care much for the N1, but as a vehicle for Leia? Sure, why not!

I'm not a big fan of the N1 either, I mostly just hope we see it to annoy people!

Not seen this anywhere else but saw it on a pre order image today.

I'm happy with the Star Wars:Rebels stuff but an ARC fighter? This worries me.

I'm happy with ARC, but Rebels stuff makes me sad.

Not seen this anywhere else but saw it on a pre order image today.

I'm happy with the Star Wars:Rebels stuff but an ARC fighter? This worries me.

I'm happy with ARC, but Rebels stuff makes me sad.

Ever since wave 7 I really don't care anymore where things come from. The Ghost model is far from being the prettiest (or even pretty at all), but the exansion is one of my favourites with the (in contrast to the YV-666 usable) docking title opening many different ways to play.

Actually it's not showing up on the news page list at the moment.  It was there, but I noticed a few days ago that it has gone.

Just a mistake I guess.

I too am worried about the ARC

it's so **** sexy it makes every other ship look like a stale white bread in comparison

Especially the thing that looks like a Roomba got knocked up by a ship from that 'other' sci fi universe :P

you mean the pancake wedged between two breakfeast sausages?

I too am worried about the ARC

it's so **** sexy it makes every other ship look like a stale white bread in comparison

Especially the thing that looks like a Roomba got knocked up by a ship from that 'other' sci fi universe :P

you mean the pancake wedged between two breakfeast sausages?

You mean the Serenity ? 

Firefly_class_ship.jpg

Maybe scum will get a special 3 pack of ships, those being vulture droids. No shields, 2attack, 1 hull, 4 green dice, no red manoeuvres. Torpedo, missile slot.

Target lock, Evade, Boost

Comes with missile upgrade; buzz droid warhead.

Modification

Linked AI

Scum; droid fighter only

When making an attack, if you have an ally equipped with linked AI within range 1 of you, that has the same target in their firing arc, you may add a boom result to your attack roll. If you have 2 or more, you may add a kaboom.

Title

• Never been wiped

Your upgrade bar gains the elite upgrade slot.

This is how I think the ARC came to be in wave 9.

FFG Developer 1, "Woah dude this TIE/SF's rear firing arc is AWESOME!"
FFG Dev 2, "Yea dude, we better give the rebel players something that is good too or else they will be mad, everyone knows rebels is the favorite faction"
Dev 1, "But what rebel ships can shoot behind themselves???"
Dev 2, "Uhhh Y Wings? IDK"
Dev 1, "Yea but they already have turrets, we need something different"
Dev 2, "Oh theres that clone fighter from the best prequel movie! It had a rear facing gun!"
Dev 1, "Yea that ship was cool, quick call Disney and have them release some new EU comics with rebels flying the ship after the clone wars so we can make more money!"

Still going to buy it because the ARC is really cool looking and has some sweet abilities.

i dont get all the hate for rebel ships or older ships.

Theyre going to run out of ships eventually. Either they endlessly reprint the same **** ship via aces or veterans packages, make up new ships unique to xwing, or delve into the older ships. Older ships wouldnt make much sense for imperials but they have a plethora of TIEs we dont have yet anyway.

More ships, and more importantly more unique ships, is what i want. Its a game, not a scenario reenactment Im excited for wave9 because thats going to throw so many curveballs into the meta with all the new arc shenanigans.

FFG Dev 2, "Yea dude, we better give the rebel players something that is good too or else they will be mad, everyone knows rebels is the favorite faction"

Dev 2, "Oh theres that clone fighter from the best prequel movie! It had a rear facing gun!"

Dev 1, "Yea that ship was cool, quick call Disney and have them release some new EU comics with rebels flying the ship after the clone wars so we can make more money!"

Still going to buy it because the ARC is really cool looking and has some sweet abilities.

The ARC has not been in any comics or tv shows yet. 

The "Aux Arc" is there by default. The Title gives it 3 Dice from its front arc and it allows a focus to be turned to a crit, aka Calculation, from the rear arc.

more like a proton torp than calc

very important difference because calc out the butt would be horrible at 2-dice base, but we're getting a free mod instead

granted 2-dice is nigh on worthless against aces, but against lower agility/lesser guaranteed defenses ships, the mod is sweet and the crit could swing games (plus it's the only way to make norra's ability not cripplingly situational/luck dependent; just spend lock and add crit)

by extension, the Tie/sf's arc bonus is hideously situational (how often are you going to have an enemy in the front and the enemy in the rear?) and, in a practical sense,, simply lesser than the ARC's. I'm certain it's a trade-off for greater efficiency (after all, the SF's PS 9 costs the same as the ARC's PS 7)

Edited by ficklegreendice

The ARC has not been in any comics or tv shows yet.

I heard it was in clone wars cartoon.

It was also in Star Wars Galaxies. There has been at least 1 ship from SWG in every wave so far. I hope that trend continues until it's roster is complete.

I heard it was in clone wars cartoon.

It was also in Star Wars Galaxies. There has been at least 1 ship from SWG in every wave so far. I hope that trend continues until it's roster is complete.

Obviously I was referring to shows/comics that take place in the time period of this game.