Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

Top "bad loser" moments of your opponent

I once had a losing opponent do over $600 of damage to my car in the parking lot outside.  I had to replace the front right wing of my car, the mirrors, and one of the lights.  Took me ages to match the paint so I drove around for months with a really white trash look to my car until I was able to find and then buy the paint.

That all said, it was totally worth that money just to see his face as he bounced off the hood of my car and if I saw him walking back to his car again, I would do the exact same thing without hesitation.  

Also, the look on his wife's face was priceless.

?

I didn't get it. He ruined your car because of an X-wing match?

precisely, how did you not get that from the above?

And you did what?

about 22 MPH, but there wasn't much run-up so that was about as fast as I could get it.

Listen, I get he was totally out of line and everything, but I'm not sure running him over is the answer.

I completely agree, driving a car over someone could easily kill them and no game is worth that.

Which is why I just clipped him. I watched him in my rear view mirror until the ambulance arrived and he was actually conscious again within a few minutes.

I once had a losing opponent do over $600 of damage to my car in the parking lot outside.  I had to replace the front right wing of my car, the mirrors, and one of the lights.  Took me ages to match the paint so I drove around for months with a really white trash look to my car until I was able to find and then buy the paint.

That all said, it was totally worth that money just to see his face as he bounced off the hood of my car and if I saw him walking back to his car again, I would do the exact same thing without hesitation.  

?

And you did what?

about 22 MPH, but there wasn't much run-up so that was about as fast as I could get it.

Listen, I get he was totally out of line and everything, but I'm not sure running him over is the answer.

So not cool. Let me get this straight.

Two adults played a game involving toy spaceships , and as a consequence one of these men trashes a car, and the other runs the first one over in reprisal? And not only that, you'd drive your car into the same human being again if you had the opportunity. And your only regret is that you only achieved 22mph the first time.

Assuming I've got this straight, you are a ******* monster. Go and seek mental help.

?

And you did what?

Two adults played a game involving toy spaceships , and as a consequence one of these men trashes a car, and the other runs the first one over in reprisal? And not only that, you'd drive your car into the same human being again if you had the opportunity. And your only regret is that you only achieved 22mph the first time.

Assuming I've got this straight, you are a ******* monster. Go and seek mental help.

He didn't trash my car before I ran into him.

But I don't get why you are painting me out to be the bad guy. His insurance covered all his medical bills, my insurance didn't cover all my car bills.

Where's the justice in that? Now who's the monster?

... what.

Let me see if I'm following. This guy is your worst X-Wing opponent... because you hit him with your car in the parking lot? In front of his family?

Please tell me you're joking and have just taken the joke too far.

Edited by Squark

The only "bad loser" moments I have experienced is just your opponent going on and on about how bad they are flying. It starts from opening round of action until even after the game.

"Man, im just flying horrible today"

"This is the worse flying I have done in quite a while."

"Can I fly any worse?"

on and on and on

I sometimes take it as disrespect (depending on opponent), because maybe I am actually flying great? Perhaps you arent bumping into me, maybe I am blocking you? Nope, they are flying horrible and keep bumping into me, haha.

Most of us make mistakes when flying, but it could be your opponent is just good and reading your moves and instead of whining all game about how bad you are, give him props for his flying.

I completely don't understand what is the point of your post. It makes no sense.

If your opponent tells you that he flew horrbile in no way it belittles your win. And it is not a disrespect.

You were in position to perfectly block him because earlier he must made some kind of mistake and you take advantage of it.

I once had a losing opponent do over $600 of damage to my car in the parking lot outside. I had to replace the front right wing of my car, the mirrors, and one of the lights. Took me ages to match the paint so I drove around for months with a really white trash look to my car until I was able to find and then buy the paint.

?

And you did what?

Deleted Edited by Krynn007

Wait, spend your TL before you Focus, you might roll more results that way

My opponent literally taught me this a few weeks ago, at Regionals! Sure, it was just my third tournament overall, but still - I should have known that :).

Haven't really had any bad losers, just one guy who tried to stress me into making bad moves from the start. It worked, and I parked my Poe in front of his Brobot and Bossk at range 2, facing the wrong way... But I still won the game :)

Haha, okay wow...

That reminds me of a story.  I was working with this kid, maybe 19 - 20 years old who was kinda handicapped, not immensely or anything but he was kinda special.  Great guy let me say, very funny and not afraid to laugh at himself.  Anyways, we're working away and he starts in about how just the other night his family was giving him a little tease because when he gets tickled he screams like a little girl.  He's relating this story to me and I'm wondering what on earth this has to do with anything and he continues on.  He gets into it with his Dad, so his Dad starts to tickle him and he starts wailing like a baby.  Mom joins in with the tickling and pretty soon the whole family is tickling this poor guy and he is rolling around screaming.  Then he tells me his family holds him down and strips him naked, still tickling him.  Okay this is weird I think.  Then what happens is his folks pick him up by the arms and legs and throw him outside and lock the door and don't let him back in for three hours.  I look at my co-works and say 'Gosh Billy that's not teasing that's abuse!  Do you have a safe place you can stay?'.  To which he replies, 'Dude... I was joking...'

You're doing it again, aren't you?

Haha, okay wow...

That reminds me of a story.  I was working with this kid, maybe 19 - 20 years old who was kinda handicapped, not immensely or anything but he was kinda special.  Great guy let me say, very funny and not afraid to laugh at himself.  Anyways, we're working away and he starts in about how just the other night his family was giving him a little tease because when he gets tickled he screams like a little girl.  He's relating this story to me and I'm wondering what on earth this has to do with anything and he continues on.  He gets into it with his Dad, so his Dad starts to tickle him and he starts wailing like a baby.  Mom joins in with the tickling and pretty soon the whole family is tickling this poor guy and he is rolling around screaming.  Then he tells me his family holds him down and strips him naked, still tickling him.  Okay this is weird I think.  Then what happens is his folks pick him up by the arms and legs and throw him outside and lock the door and don't let him back in for three hours.  I look at my co-works and say 'Gosh Billy that's not teasing that's abuse!  Do you have a safe place you can stay?'.  To which he replies, 'Dude... I was joking...'

and in this story, is he the special one...or are you?

I once had a losing opponent do over $600 of damage to my car in the parking lot outside. I had to replace the front right wing of my car, the mirrors, and one of the lights. Took me ages to match the paint so I drove around for months with a really white trash look to my car until I was able to find and then buy the paint.

cant stop, won't stop. 2 legit 2 quit. Edited by MonkeyInSpace

cant stop, won't stop. 2 legit 2 quit.

I thought I remembered your moniker from a previous post. What's the old saying: "once burned twice learned".

My worst example (or best example?) came last spring, with the store employee hosting a casual tourney, who was also the TO of the tourney, who was also in the tourney.  He was running Fel, something else, and a Lambda with Vader and Gunner.  His opponent -- who was in his first tournament -- had a really not optimized Fat Chewie (it was still bloated and point-heavy, but not the usual Threepio build, had Han as crew), and like one X-Wing (Luke?) without many frills.  He was just a new guy, flying a fluffy Chewie/Han/Luke list, trying to play Star Wars, y'know?

At some point he Han-spent a target lock to get some damage through on Soontir Fel, and the guy just freaked out.  The store employee had a fit, threw his dice across the room, and ranted about how Rebel cheese was unstoppable, the Empire couldn't possibly win, turrets are breaking the game, and on and on.  Everyone stopped playing to try and calm him down (and I tried to remind him "as the representative of the store today, your job is to help customers have fun...do you think you're helping this guy have fun right now?"), and then time ran out of the round (because yeah, he'd still had the clock going during his tantrum).  He was the only one there flying any sort of auto-damage stuff, plus Fel's usual auto-whatever shenanigans;  but to him, the turret was game-breaking, Han as crew was too strong, etc, etc. 

It was really sad.

Edited by Critias

My worst example (or best example?) came last spring, with the store employee hosting a casual tourney, who was also the TO of the tourney, who was also in the tourney. He was running Fel, something else, and a Lambda with Vader and Gunner. His opponent -- who was in his first tournament -- had a really not optimized Fat Chewie (it was still bloated and point-heavy, but not the usual Threepio build, had Han as crew), and like one X-Wing (Luke?) without many frills. He was just a new guy, flying a fluffy Chewie/Han/Luke list, trying to play Star Wars, y'know?

At some point he Han-spent a target lock to get some damage through on Soontir Fel, and the guy just freaked out. The store employee had a fit, threw his dice across the room, and ranted about how Rebel cheese was unstoppable, the Empire couldn't possibly win, turrets are breaking the game, and on and on. Everyone stopped playing to try and calm him down (and I tried to remind him "as the representative of the store today, your job is to help customers have fun...do you think you're helping this guy have fun right now?"), and then time ran out of the round (because yeah, he'd still had the clock going during his tantrum). He was the only one there flying any sort of auto-damage stuff, plus Fel's usual auto-whatever shenanigans; but to him, the turret was game-breaking, Han as crew was too strong, etc, etc.

It was really sad.

What did the store employee do wrong here? Don't turret players deserve to have a negative play experience as revenge for the negative play experience of having to play against a turret? Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

My worst example (or best example?) came last spring, with the store employee hosting a casual tourney, who was also the TO of the tourney, who was also in the tourney. He was running Fel, something else, and a Lambda with Vader and Gunner. His opponent -- who was in his first tournament -- had a really not optimized Fat Chewie (it was still bloated and point-heavy, but not the usual Threepio build, had Han as crew), and like one X-Wing (Luke?) without many frills. He was just a new guy, flying a fluffy Chewie/Han/Luke list, trying to play Star Wars, y'know?

At some point he Han-spent a target lock to get some damage through on Soontir Fel, and the guy just freaked out. The store employee had a fit, threw his dice across the room, and ranted about how Rebel cheese was unstoppable, the Empire couldn't possibly win, turrets are breaking the game, and on and on. Everyone stopped playing to try and calm him down (and I tried to remind him "as the representative of the store today, your job is to help customers have fun...do you think you're helping this guy have fun right now?"), and then time ran out of the round (because yeah, he'd still had the clock going during his tantrum). He was the only one there flying any sort of auto-damage stuff, plus Fel's usual auto-whatever shenanigans; but to him, the turret was game-breaking, Han as crew was too strong, etc, etc.

It was really sad.

What did the store employee do wrong here? Don't turret players deserve to have a negative play experience as revenge for the negative play experience of having to play against a turret?

Rhetorical question or do you expect a response?

Had a opponent that was playing well we were fiairly even and jousting with scum vs rebels, until the dice turned on him and he started to get a little frustrated so rather than play on he just intenshionally flew off the map. Disappointed at the out come as he still had a chance to win, he gave up.