Sign in to follow this  
Hobojebus

My copy of IMP VETS just arrived !!!!!

I'm trying to support my local store.   :)  That and I started collecting Star Wars comics, so I get store credit for every $100.  I've saved up $45 of store credit!  

... loan me $5 bucks pot-nah!

:P

You'll gladly pay me Tuesday for an X-wing ship today?   ;)

So, Wimpy, how many $100's of dollars in Star Wars comics did you have to buy to get that $45 store credit?

I'm just starting to buy Wave 8.... I fell behind. I want to get my Assault Carrier after that, BUT that Defender is calling to me. Dammit!

I'm one of those who hoped for a delayed release,

Delayed release? You mean FURTHER delayed? It was listed as being in first quarter and is barely making it at the end of second quarter.

I'm trying to support my local store.   :)  That and I started collecting Star Wars comics, so I get store credit for every $100.  I've saved up $45 of store credit!  

... loan me $5 bucks pot-nah!

You'll gladly pay me Tuesday for an X-wing ship today?   ;)

$6.50?

:D

Wimpy.gif

... yeah with $6.50 I can get me another nice T-65 (cause they are only worth $5 bucks now...) and... AND a nice cheese burg and small fry with the $1.50... now what is not to love about a FLGS nite like dat?!

:lol:

where do you live that cheese burger and small fry is 1.50... cant even get a slice of pizza for that price in NYC

Kids menu at McD's.

once again.... where... lol NYC's Dollar menu is 1.50 plus tax.

you'd be amazed how much of the world is not in New York City

So, not to rain on any parades but if the Asmodee merger was supposed to protect brick and mortar shops then why is Amazon getting first crack?

I mean... presumably we had to wait so that Vets could be released simultaneously for everyone, but here Amazon is shipping them out already.  I pre-ordered through my local shop, so where is my Imp Vets?  The truck came in today and plenty of X-Wing, but no Vets. 

I mean, I'm sure it will be here soon, but what if it's not?  How is Asmodee protecting anyone if online retailers get to release things first?

So, not to rain on any parades but if the Asmodee merger was supposed to protect brick and mortar shops then why is Amazon getting first crack?

I mean... presumably we had to wait so that Vets could be released simultaneously for everyone, but here Amazon is shipping them out already.  I pre-ordered through my local shop, so where is my Imp Vets?  The truck came in today and plenty of X-Wing, but no Vets. 

I mean, I'm sure it will be here soon, but what if it's not?  How is Asmodee protecting anyone if online retailers get to release things first?

Asmodee does not care about brick and mortar shops, that was all smoke and mirrors in an attempt to justify raising their prices to distributors. 

Amazon in UK had been advertising the 17th June release date for a week or two at least up until the beginning of this week. Now they have officially changed it to 23rd.

My guess is that they were going on a previous instruction and just didn't get the revised date until just recently (tonight when someone twigged) and either too late for the initial shipments which had already gone out or otherwise they decided to honour the original advertised date for customers who ordered while that was being advertised. But nothing but a communication lapse.

At least you are still supporting your FLGS. By next week it won't seem quite so important.

Because Amazon is a bigger fish than Asmodee, and it looks like this is a UK thing because the US one doesn't have it yet.

Also seriously, this sort of thing happens with almost every release. Someone somewhere didn't look at the dates and let something go early. This is hardly unique, and the general release will be in less than a week.

Yeah, I was pretty skeptical of that claim myself since I can see firsthand plenty of examples of the distribution chain favouring larger companies.  One store will get shorted, but you go up to the mall on the same day and there's the product, fresh off the truck.  Sure I could just buy the item there, but that's exactly the point.  Can I open it up and play a match in wal-mart or someplace like that?  I guess I could go to McDonalds and play X-Wing...

Wait a minute!  We could be playing X-WIng at McDonalds?  What the hell, they even have WiFi, let's go play!  We can even get some lunch!

I was going to be jealous, but our regionals are tomorrow, and I'm working the following weekend, so even if I had them in my hand, I wouldn't get to use them for a few weeks anyway, by which time they'll be out.

Actually no, I'm still jealous. 

It is.  Just be happy you have the world's best pizza there.  You know how long it's taken for good pizza makers to slowly move down to NC and open up shop?  YYEEEEEAAAAAAARRSSSSSSSSSS......of pizza hell.  At least you can find them now.  

LOL, I've had New york style pizza in my area since the 80's. It's good to!

Guest Andy1909

So i hope the rest of you get yours soon, seem's the 23rd date given was wrong :)

Time stamped picture please.

Why does the picture need to be time stamped? The time and date show up on the actual post. If we were a week after launch and Hobo was then saying he got them a week before that then yeah. I'd say he had to provide a pic date and time stamped with the blood of his first born :-) 

Amazon UK was showing a release date of the 17th a few days ago, now it's changed to the 23rd. The local FLGS expect it to be the 23rd as well, I was over chatting to them yesterday.

Part of me wishes I'd pre-ordered via Amazon. :-)

NOTE on this point. We use the term Amazon as a catch all but that release date, and the updated one, was not from Amazon themselves but from the small supplier who is selling via Amazon.

Edited by Andy1909

So i hope the rest of you get yours soon, seem's the 23rd date given was wrong :)

Why does the picture need to be time stamped? The time and date show up on the actual post. If we were a week after launch and Hobo was then saying he got them a week before that then yeah. I'd say he had to provide a pic date and time stamped with the blood of his first born :-) 

Amazon UK was showing a release date of the 17th a few days ago, now it's changed to the 23rd. The local FLGS expect it to be the 23rd as well, I was over chatting to them yesterday.

NOTE on this point. We use the term Amazon as a catch all but that release date, and the updated one, was not from Amazon themselves but from the small supplier who is selling via Amazon.

It's a hoax! FFG cover up! We're never getting veterans. Hobojesus works for FFG, we can't trust him.

It's a hoax! FFG cover up! We're never getting veterans. Hobojesus works for FFG, we can't trust him.

He knows too much liquidate him.

I can't wait to get some more Cluster Mines in Imperial Veterans!

The only bomb I'd ever really consider using is the Conner net...

Which I don't(and won't) own any of, because I don't plan on buying a K-Wing, or a Ghost.

I have enough Cluster Mines to make up a 100 point list with no ships and only cluster mines*

*wild exageration, but I do have 4 copies of cluster mines, with another 2 to come with my 2 sets of Imp Vets...

It's like FFG don't WANT me to use bombs at all.