Sign in to follow this  
NeverBetTheFett

Nationals kit

These ebay listings seem to confirm these are the nationals prizes. This guy didn't waste any time. 

Boba

Damage Tokens

I'm 100% on the Alt Art cards for this game. Starting with Boba looks like my streak will end. Boba is my favorite character, and one of my favorite figures to play in IA too. Hrm. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by RogueLieutenant

Damage tokens again!? The addition of the 3's is nice, but really?

Strain tokens would be nice, same with the other statuses.

Maybe they're saving the condition tokens for the more widely available seasonal kits rather than the more exclusive large tournaments. 

Top 8 received a coin with a blaster on one side and the Imperial Assault logo on the other. Top 4 received a point dial with the core box art on it. I can post pictures of everything when I get home from work tonight.

It's worth noting that the damage tokens are not transparent like the previous kit, and they have more of an orange tint. It was the top 16 prize, and in my opinion the coolest thing in the kit.

Edited by Crabhand

Top 8 received a coin with a blaster on one side and the Imperial Assault logo on the other. Top 4 received a point dial with the core box art on it. I can post pictures of everything when I get home from work tonight.

It's worth noting that the damage tokens are not transparent like the previous kit, and they have more of an orange tint. It was the top 16 prize, and in my opinion the coolest thing in the kit.

Nice. What blaster? DL-44 (Han's) I assume?

Curious to see what the point counters look like. 

I had to look it up. According to an FFG article, Nationals is at Origins, and North American Championship is at GenCon. 

Yeah, you're right. I completely missed it.

Seems like there was only one FFG article that mentioned Nationals and NA Champs? Did I miss something?

Nice. What blaster? DL-44 (Han's) I assume?

Curious to see what the point counters look like. 

Yea, it's Han's blaster. It's a neat coin, but my favorite is still the Store Championship coin (I gave the regionals one to a friend who made top 8 since he had not yet earned one from a tournament).

The turnout wasn't very high, I think around 22 players, but it started early afternoon on a Wednesday so that makes it tough for a lot of people. Some of the people there I had seen at previous regionals and store championships, a good amount of talented players were present.

The turnout wasn't very high, I think around 22 players, but it started early afternoon on a Wednesday so that makes it tough for a lot of people. Some of the people there I had seen at previous regionals and store championships, a good amount of talented players were present.

That's what they get for putting the National Championship on a Wednesday in Columbus, OH (a place 2/3rds of the country can't get a direct flight to). Oh yeah, it's in middle of E3 and Apple's WWDC.

I wanted to go but...

come-on-gob-arrested-development.gif

I was pretty miffed by the Wednesday start since in going tonight...hoping I can get one from one of the side events. Or trade one of my Trandoshans for it.

Edited by Jowimus

Am I the only one that doesn't like the alt art cards? I've never seen one in person but the layout seems really bad. If you're gonna split the stats like that, why not group the numbers on one side and the dice on the other? Not to mention the dead space above the two stats areas. Why change the layout at all? Bah!

/rant