Sign in to follow this  
Bullroarer Took

Temple of the Deceived

I'm imagining a solo deck with Spirit Eowyn, Spirit Theoden and Elfhelm. With Leadership you get access to Steward, and with Snowmane and Herugrim on Theoden you can have him hit for 6, while Elfhelm defends for 3 and readies with the Destrier. Might be good, though maybe Theodred is better for solo.

Revealed in Wraths is pretty much hard counters Nameless Cave Dweller or gets around the "can only do 3 damage a round" like on mumak enemies or archery etc etc. :D

Even better than the Nameless Cave Dweller, the Nameless Things in Foundations of Stone have X hit points. Blank their text boxes and X becomes 0. RIP Nameless Thing.

Elfhelm seems great and very splaahable.

Arrows from the trees could be insane in the right deck I think.

Dwarf ally is ok, he needs more support for the milling archetype to excel.

Revealed in wrath seems also very good, too bad it's an action instead of a response to an enemy revealed from the encounter deck.

Destrier is also good.

Great pack confirmed?

Revealed in Wraths is pretty much hard counters Nameless Cave Dweller or gets around the "can only do 3 damage a round" like on mumak enemies or archery etc etc. :D

Even better than the Nameless Cave Dweller, the Nameless Things in Foundations of Stone have X hit points. Blank their text boxes and X becomes 0. RIP Nameless Thing.

Even better. :D Blanking out Toughness is also a nice boon. I'm liking this card more and more. :D

Revealed in Wrath looks like it'll be amazing in a twins deck.

Not really sure how goo Arrows From the Trees might be, but I may be missing something.

Elfhelm's art is amazing. I really want there to be a solo Rohan deck with him, but I'm not sure if it's viable right now.

Well, I can't see what you can be missing about the Arrows, I think it easily moves the Ithilien trap decks from sort of ok to very enemy efficient. Of course, there are quests where enemies will jump at you (though Ranger Spikes combo perfectly with this). 1 Lore and 3 Tactics resources for 3 damage to several enemies seems like a great deal to me.

On the other hand, I can't see Revealed in Wrath to be anything but situational, but I certainly hope I am missing something. I have been looking forward to this card since the art had been revealed.

Oh, I am only reading through these now. I would certainly interpret X as 0 too if X were not defined.

Indeed. Great pack confirmed. Horses are finally a thing!

I am so happy about this. And songs rule in an Elfhelm deck, right? I mean Battle, Kings and Travel: each working as a resource thing and a stat boost, seems great!

man...Good thinking!  That makes songs super cool.  And...two good trap deck cards in one pack!  Woohoo!

Revealed In Wrath is so amazing.

You can deny every forced effects or passive effect from a non unique enemy for 1 tactics resource. It's so powerful.

You can put a Mumak in a forest snare! Play Revealed In Wrath in the resource   Planing Phase then play your trap, and you have a nice Mumak who will not bother you anymore. :wub:

Elfhelm is amazing too.The songs are working with him. You can so easily have Eomer attacking to 8, with just his Firefoot. Steed of the mark is now a very good card since it is not restricted.

Best AP for player cards since Celebrimbor Secret i think.

Edit

Edited by Valiko33

Well, how will the enemies that say "no attachment" work once their text is not blank any more?

And true, finally, Steed of the Mark has some meaning with Elfhelm on board, especially for two-sphere heroes who will get a double action and a double bonus for it.

hm...  as usual I'm not sold (on Elfhelm) right away...  and I love my rohan decks.

First off, Elfhelm is already a very powerful Rohan ally.    He's one of the better ones that we've got.   The mere fact that the card reads "elfhelm" is a major disadvantage already.  Raw stats,  Elfhelm hero only has +1 W and +1 hp over his ally version so...   not exactly lighting the world on fire here.    10 threat,   that's higher than I want it.  For 10 threat I can get Erkenbrand in the same sphere, who has better stats, and a very strong ability.  

I just don't love Ld Rohan anyway.   For allies we have the very underwhelming Snowbourn Scout,  Warden of Helm's Deep (not bad, but not amazing), and the unique Eothain who isn't that great either.  

Ok, so are you going to play him just for his ability?   Well... mmmm...maybe?     If you are running Elfhelm hero at all you're probably in the spirt sphere already because you are going to want Horse Breeder.  So that's 2 heros, most likely Eowyn or Theoden.  Taking the last of that trio might be okay,   but you'll miss out on the Tactics mounts.   You could take Eomer instead and go with a tri-sphere,  but that's a bit dangerous and if you don't take Eowyn you're pretty weak on willpower.  If you do take Eowyn you miss Theoden's discount,  maybe you don't need it with Steward of Gondor.   But IMO, leave that for the gondor players ;D.

So what have you got now.   Snowmane is pretty good, esp with Herugrim,  the Rohan Warhorse is sort of still lame.   1 cost for 1 WP, A, or D,  I mean it's okay.  It's probably not a card slot.   Armored Destrider is really good,  but it's good because it's an amazing card,  not necessarily because of Elfhelm's +1.   I mean..... wouldn't you rather just have Erkenbrand with an Armored Destrider instead?  

Rohan Warhorse and Firefoot probably make the best use of Elfhelm's ability, but as I said, tactics is hard to squeeze in.

I could see Elfhelm being strong to have on the table in multiplayer when lots of people are running mounts anyway.   Asfaloth hits the table a lot, so there's an easy 1 WP, and the rohan warhorse shows up a lot too, as I imagine the Armored Destrider will also.   the more players, the more his ability is a benefit.   But I don't think he's worth it for solo, or even 2 deck play.

Edited by awp832

I don't like these multiplayer "players as a group spend 3" cards.

What ever happened to x, where x is the number of players, and variables to that effect?

Edited by Edheliad

hm...  as usual I'm not sold (on Elfhelm) right away...  and I love my rohan decks.

First off, Elfhelm is already a very powerful Rohan ally.    He's one of the better ones that we've got.   The mere fact that the card reads "elfhelm" is a major disadvantage already.  Raw stats,  Elfhelm hero only has +1 W and +1 hp over his ally version so...   not exactly lighting the world on fire here.    10 threat,   that's higher than I want it.  For 10 threat I can get Erkenbrand in the same sphere, who has better stats, and a very strong ability.  

I just don't love Ld Rohan anyway.   For allies we have the very underwhelming Snowbourn Scout,  Warden of Helm's Deep (not bad, but not amazing), and the unique Eothain who isn't that great either.  

Ok, so are you going to play him just for his ability?   Well... mmmm...maybe?     If you are running Elfhelm hero at all you're probably in the spirt sphere already because you are going to want Horse Breeder.  So that's 2 heros, most likely Eowyn or Theoden.  Taking the last of that trio might be okay,   but you'll miss out on the Tactics mounts.   You could take Eomer instead and go with a tri-sphere,  but that's a bit dangerous and if you don't take Eowyn you're pretty weak on willpower.  If you do take Eowyn you miss Theoden's discount,  maybe you don't need it with Steward of Gondor.   But IMO, leave that for the gondor players ;D.

So what have you got now.   Snowmane is pretty good, esp with Herugrim,  the Rohan Warhorse is sort of still lame.   1 cost for 1 WP, A, or D,  I mean it's okay.  It's probably not a card slot.   Armored Destrider is really good,  but it's good because it's an amazing card,  not necessarily because of Elfhelm's +1.   I mean..... wouldn't you rather just have Erkenbrand with an Armored Destrider instead?  

Rohan Warhorse and Firefoot probably make the best use of Elfhelm's ability, but as I said, tactics is hard to squeeze in.

I could see Elfhelm being strong to have on the table in multiplayer when lots of people are running mounts anyway.   Asfaloth hits the table a lot, so there's an easy 1 WP, and the rohan warhorse shows up a lot too, as I imagine the Armored Destrider will also.   the more players, the more his ability is a benefit.   But I don't think he's worth it for solo, or even 2 deck play.

I don't think Elfhelm Ally is a very important card at all. Largely marginalised due to its hefty cost. An ok ability, but not one that synergises particularly well with the Rohan trait. I would argue that Elfhelm was a very mediocre card, and an updated version has long been overdue.