Sign in to follow this  
Bullroarer Took

Temple of the Deceived

the new hero is Elfhelm. Rohan, Scout, Warrior traits with 2/2/2, 4 health 10 starting threat. Text is: Spirit heroes with a mount gain 1 willpower, tactics heroes with a mount gain 1 attack, and leadership heroes with a mount gain 1 defense.

This sounds awesome. A universal buff that makes the mounts - most of which are already very playable - even more fantastic.

Hobbit Pony on (spirit) Merry or Frodo.

Rohan Warhorse on (tactics) Merry, (tactics) Aragorn.

Firefoot on Eomer now gives him 8 attack (if a character has left play)

Snowmane on either version of Theoden (still slightly better on tactics Theoden, since he would quest for 3 and attack for 4)

The new Armored Destrider on (leadership) Aragorn lets him quest for 3 (if he has Celebrian's Stone) ready (if you pay 1 resource), defend for 3, and attack for 3.

Arod on Legolas lets him swing for 4 (and doesn't take up a restricted slot)

Asfaloth on (spirit) Glorfindel

Steed of Imladris on Idraen (or any questing spirit hero, really)

As 13nrv pointed out, Armored Destrider is fantastic on Amarthiul

Yes !

Many other combo :

Steed of Imladris + Narya + Cirdan

Oin could gain +1 attack and +1 wp with a mount when you have 5 dwarves.

A dwarf with narvi's belt and a mount could choose the kind of bonus

etc ...

We can easily have a hero with +1 to each stats.

Too bad this dwarf sounds useless if you'll actually draw him. 1/1/1/2 for 3? That's what I was talking about all along with Dain Ironfoot putting a dent on dwarves being released by his mere existance.

Well, you can always put him in a Gandalf deck, then Wizard Pipe+Flame of Anor/Expert Treasure Hunter him into play...

I wonder how, and if, this hero changes things up for a solo Rohan deck. A tri-sphere deck sounds very tempting, with Theoden questing for 3, Eomer attacking for 4 and Elfhelm defending for 3 if they all have simple mounts. But, being tri-sphere you'll be starving for Spirit resources. I wonder if Theodred is still the best hero for this solo deck.

Too bad this dwarf sounds useless if you'll actually draw him. 1/1/1/2 for 3? That's what I was talking about all along with Dain Ironfoot putting a dent on dwarves being released by his mere existance.

Well, you can always put him in a Gandalf deck, then Wizard Pipe+Flame of Anor/Expert Treasure Hunter him into play...

Or I can use some actually usable card :D

Elfhelm will make a good target for Raiment of War, too, especially with a Destrier attached. Defend for 4, swing back for 3.

Destrier is Restricted.

Then Steed of the Mark (to get the mount bonus) and UC.

Edited by DurinVoronwe