Sign in to follow this  
Bullroarer Took

Temple of the Deceived

There's already 2 other Gondor heroes in the cycle, one of them Leadership. As much as I'd love to see Hirgon I don't see it happening here.

Dwarrowdelf cycle had 4 Noldor heroes, and it wasn't even focused around the Noldor trait!

That was also at a time the game didn't really know what it was doing (not to anyone's real fault). Ever since Caleb and Matt "took office" we've seen a much wider variety of heroes in cycles, and which they have explicitly said they strive for.

Tl;dr: It's much more likely they will do things more like the past 2 cycles than Dwarrowdelf.

I just want for once a cycle that's not about Noldor. I buy Dwarrowdelf, realize most of the cards are Noldor and not Dwarf. Then, Angmar cycle, supposed to be about Dunedain, but has a bunch of Noldor synergies instead. Now we've got a Noldor cycle. Grr.

This cycle isn't actually mostly Noldor. Granted, there are a few cards here and there (Glorfindel, Imladris Caregiver, Defender), but so were there a few Dunedain cards in Angmar Awakened (Descendants of Kings, Guardian of Arnor, Fornost Bowman). The deluxe box is often completely different than the cycle.

Khazad Dum - Dwarves

Dwarrowdelf - Noldor (& variety)

Heirs of Numenor - Gondor

Against the Shadow - Mono Sphere

Voice of Isengard - Doomed, Rohan

Ringmaker - Silvan, Silvan, & Silvan

Lost Realm - Dunedain

Angmar Awakened - Noldor (& variety, including Rossiel VD)

Grey Havens - Noldor

Dream-chaser - Gondor, Paying Extra Resources of a Different Sphere

FFG has had a habit of giving us cards in the expansion packs that pertain to the next saga expansion for sure.  Ghan Buri Ghan....  Now that's an idea.

If that's the case, I'm calling it now, a beorning that is also a scout. And the next cycle will be the beorning cycle. No more prissy elves or rich men here, no, it's time to grow a gruff beard and get your hands dirty exploring rugged lands. Bear hugs for all! :P

I just want for once a cycle that's not about Noldor. I buy Dwarrowdelf, realize most of the cards are Noldor and not Dwarf. Then, Angmar cycle, supposed to be about Dunedain, but has a bunch of Noldor synergies instead. Now we've got a Noldor cycle. Grr.

Good lord, can you imagine if Dwarrowdelf had been full of dwarfs as well? Weren't the Hobbit boxes out around the same time? 

Good lord, can you imagine if Dwarrowdelf had been full of dwarfs as well? Weren't the Hobbit boxes out around the same time?

Exactly. Dwarves were powerful enough as it was.

Hobbit boxes were just after Dwarrowdelf, either side of Heirs.

And while Dwarrowdelf wasn't exactly stuffed with Dwarf cards, it included the Battle Master, Lure of Moria and Legacy of Durin, which are some of the most powerful Dwarf cards, so they didn't exactly get short shrift in the cycle.

Edited by PocketWraith

Well, I just try to move the thread up again. It takes painfully long this time round. There is a plethora of more pressing issues in the world, but still, these nice little pleasures make things a little more bearable. So, someone, give us the spoilers, please!

Hey, here in Spain we also are going for a swim !!! :lol: :lol:

I'm coming here everyday to see if there is any spoiler of the new hero, so... it looks like we'll have to wait until the first player receives it and show us who is.

As I read in the post, I also have a feeling that the hero in this pack will have the Rohan trait. The hero uses to be related to some of the other cards in the pack (not always, but is usual), and in this pack we'll get two unique Rohan allies and a mount... maybe a sign of the new hero trait ?

I'd like a Rohan ally HERO(edited) with an ability related to mounts... (Maybe get an attack or deffense bonus for each attached mount, or give that bonus to other heroes).

Edited by wehehe

I just got my pack last night! Wasn't expecting it so early, but anyway, the new hero is Elfhelm. Rohan, Scout, Warrior traits with 2/2/2, 4 health 10 starting threat. Text is: Spirit heroes with a mount gain 1 willpower, tactics heroes with a mount gain 1 attack, and leadership heroes with a mount gain 1 defense. I think the other cards that hadn't already been spoiled were a lore event that does 1 damage to enemies in the staging area and can pay extra to do 2 more, and a tactics event that blanks an enemies text box, as well as a neutral dwarf ally, 3 cost, 1/1/1 with 2 health that is put into play if it's discarded off the top of your deck. If nobody posts their names and stuff I'll do it when I get home from work.