Sign in to follow this  
Bullroarer Took

Temple of the Deceived

Fantastic!! So curious about the new Leadership hero.

Me too! I'm really hoping for another hero who plays with locations. Idraen is one of my all-time favorite heroes, just because she encouraged such a unique style of location-control.

We know he'll be a Scout too. I hope he has lowish threat and decent willpower, since so many Leadership heroes recently are combat focused in their stats, like Amarthiúl and Denethor (both of which are excellent heroes btw). It could be something like Grimbold, or some other minor character like that. At first I thought Hirgon, but since we just got Denethor and are getting Imrahil it's doubtful we'll se another Gondor hero. Rohan or Noldor would be my guesses. And as always, I hope for a neutral Artifact, but that kinda goes without saying.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I am hoping for Grimbeorn. But those hopes seem wild at the moment, though we should get him as a player card before the game is done, he is still one of the reasonably important characters from the story (even named in the LotR) we have not seen.

Also, what do we know so far about the pack beside the Leadership hero? This is the last unknown hero in the cycle, right? What about Gildor Inglorion? He was a leader of his people… and the ally version came in the very first cycle… I think we should get one more Noldor, none of the other heroes in the cycle are...

Edited by Fingolfin Fate

Well, it usually takes a little while, though last time the french spoilers appeared the day the shipping was announced, I believe.

Yes, the scout trait probably rules out both Grimbeorn and Gildor, although we should get an Elf scout, they seem very well suited for the trait, and there are few so far...

Surely not another ffg-created hero, though I generally do not mind them at all.

What scouts exist in Tolkien´s world? I could see Mablung and Damrod, but both of them have good (and quite now) hero versions. Haldir is one, but he doesn´t fit in leadership. No (I think) named Dale characters except Brand is alive during the time period, and Dale seems to have multiple scouts (Lanwyn, Ravenhill Scout and Celduin Traveller). Aragorn could be a scout, and Elladan/Elrohir/Halbarad, but of them only Elladan lacks a leadership version. The Rohan warrior Ceorl could be a scout too, he´s a too minor character to became a hero (I think).

As Haldir is a scout, maybe one of his brothers (Rúmil and Orophin) will be promoted into a scout hero. Legolas seems more like a warrior to me, but it is an option.

Another candidate is Hirgon, the gondorian rider who carried the red arrow to Théoden. Or maybe it´s time for Ghan-buri-Ghan to be our first wose hero (they seems to be scouts).

Did I forget someone?

Edited by DurinVoronwe

The Rohan warrior Ceorl could be a scout too, he´s a too minor character to became a hero (I think).

Given that Ceorl has been spoiled as an ally (in this pack, no less), I think we can be sure he's not the hero.

The Rohan warrior Ceorl could be a scout too, he´s a too minor character to became a hero (I think).

Given that Ceorl has been spoiled as an ally (in this pack, no less), I think we can be sure he's not the hero.

Sorry, I missed that.

There's already 2 other Gondor heroes in the cycle, one of them Leadership. As much as I'd love to see Hirgon I don't see it happening here.

That's a good point. If it is Rohan, then who fits best? Gamling, Grimbold, and Eomer all seem like good fits for the leadership sphere, but Gamling is the only one I could see donning the Scout trait.