Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

Alternative title for YT-2400?

To be honest: Eaden Vrill is awesome. Even the generic and Leebo are nice. Like stated, maybe a bit too expensive. But I think an additional title could make something interesting out of Eaden & Co.

Thoughts? Ideas?

yeah i kinda feel like Dash is the only one thats actually viable. The others are....just plain overpriced.

Problem with such a balance issue is how do you fix the other pilots without making the one that does work a total behemoth? Dash ignores rocks when moving, so literally anything you give the ship as a whole will make him even better.

Though it really wouldnt make much sense, perhaps a title for PS5 or lower to reduce the cost slightly. Call it "Handicap" lol

yeah i kinda feel like Dash is the only one thats actually viable. The others are....just plain overpriced.

Problem with such a balance issue is how do you fix the other pilots without making the one that does work a total behemoth? Dash ignores rocks when moving, so literally anything you give the ship as a whole will make him even better.

Though it really wouldnt make much sense, perhaps a title for PS5 or lower to reduce the cost slightly. Call it "Handicap" lol

Dash is only great with the outrider title. Making the fix a title is actually a very elegant solution.

Dash is only great with the outrider title. Making the fix a title is actually a very elegant solution.

That's what I thought

Maybe a new "Most Wanted" style expansion can provide an alternate YT-2400 title, along with much-needed scum versions of the YT-1300 and YT-2400 pilots. These guys were smugglers, after all. And Dash in particular was only loosely affiliated with the Rebels.

The cost of pilot skill for large ships is way too small. It gets downscaled for TIEs because 1 point per PS would be crazy for them, but with large ships it isn't upscaled. When you're spending that much on a ship already, a few points for the high PS pilot isn't a hard decision unless you're right on top of the point limit.

To be honest: Eaden Vrill is awesome. Even the generic and Leebo are nice. Like stated, maybe a bit too expensive. But I think an additional title could make something interesting out of Eaden & Co.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I think it need a cheap title. Something with the stress maybe ... 

__-clums10.jpg__ or __junker10.jpg__

clumsy fringer : a more conditional rebel captive could be ok for this role. the R3A2-ish "stress both ship" mechanic could be a way to reduce the cost of title. 

Junker : broll after the 4K move or after overlapping a debris is strong and can help you to going faraway to unstress peacefull next turn. Unless Dash pop-up in a cheaper non-outrider version, he will not looking on this card that much.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I think it need a cheap title. Something with the stress maybe ... 

__-clums10.jpg__ or __junker10.jpg__clumsy fringer : a more conditional rebel captive could be ok for this role. the R3A2-ish "stress both ship" mechanic could be a way to reduce the cost of title. Junker : broll after the 4K move or after overlapping a debris is strong and can help you to going faraway to unstress peacefull next turn. Unless Dash pop-up in a cheaper non-outrider version, he will not looking on this card that much.

Love both of them!! (although I think number two is a bit undercosted).

Very nice and interesting ideas opening new play styles

I dunno - there's an element of apples vs oranges going on there

Leebo's fallen out of fashion but he's primarily a defensively oriented ship, and defensive abilities generally come at a higher cost than offensive abilities in x-wing (case in point the rather underwhelming flight instructor for 4 points) - but you can still kit him out quite nicely for under 50 points - which isn't bad for a large based defensively focused ship that's reliant on a turret.

admittedly a uboat at around 33 micturates on that, but they're always going to be something of a corner case

Edited by Funkleton

I dunno - there's an element of apples vs oranges going on there

Leebo's fallen out of fashion but he's primarily a defensively oriented ship, and defensive abilities generally come at a higher cost than offensive abilities in x-wing (case in point the rather underwhelming flight instructor for 4 points) - but you can still kit him out quite nicely for under 50 points - which isn't bad for a large based defensively focused ship that's reliant on a turret.

admittedly a uboat at around 33 micturates on that, but their always going to be something of a corner case

The point is that Dash's ability is simply too good (especially for large ships) to not take him for two points more than Leebo. The YT-2400 needs to hide between obstacles to compensate for his lower PS and protect his donut hole (a case for Dash)

Leebo (and Eaden) would be awesome with an alternative title

Edited by IG88E

the yt-2400 was correctly priced for dash rendar's awesome ability (easily one of the most impactful abilities in the entire game, especially given his base size)

problem is everyone else is horrendously overpriced  because of that, especially Leebo's incredibly situational nearly P.o.S level ability

Edited by ficklegreendice

the yt-2400 was correctly priced for dash rendar's awesome ability (easily one of the most impactful abilities in the entire game, especially given his base size)

problem is everyone else is horrendously overpriced  because of that, especially Leebo's incredibly situational nearly P.o.S level ability

A title allowing cheaper upgrade cards would be fine to compensate

Title (maneuverability): "When you perform a green maneuver, you may perform a free barrel roll (or boost instead of roll)

Title (firepower): "When you attack a ship in range 2-3 with your primary weapon, you may perform your attack twice"

(Intersting mechanic, not overpowered)

Optional a build in gunner would be interesting

talking about the yt-2400 does kinda make me wonder what goes through ffg's mind sometimes

for the yt-2400, we have dash's ability screwing over all the lower ps pilots due to the +2 points for +2 ps "rule"

and yet, the freaking B-wing goes from 22 @ ps 2 to 24 @ ps 4...

to 28 for Ibs (6) and 31 for poor Nub (8) :wacko:

it's like they remember the rule after they've needed to

Edited by ficklegreendice

talking about the yt-2400 does kinda make me wonder what goes through ffg's mind sometimes

for the yt-2400, we have dash's ability screwing over all the lower ps pilots due to the +2 points for +2 ps "rule"

and yet, the freaking B-wing goes from 22 @ ps 2 to 24 @ ps 4...

to 28 for Ibs (6) and 31 for poor Nub (8) :wacko:

it's like they remember the rule after they've needed to

Looknat Major Rhymer and Jan Ors, it's even worse there