Sign in to follow this  
BletchleyPark

Gamers in Calgary Alberta?

Just checking to see who's playing the game in Calgary, Alberta (Canada). The store I frequent, Great White, is talking about running leagues of Warhammer Invasion in the new year. Their store events flyer for January says that it will be run on Monday nights. And the guys working there said that they were hoping to run the league as part of the FFG organized play system.

I'm in Calgary too and really enjoy the game, but Great White is a little farther than I'm willing to go on a Monday night after work.  It's the same reason I almost never get to play 40k miniatures on Monday nights at Chinook...I can't make it to the shop in time to actually play a game.

I'm close to the core and usually play at Trilogy Gaming Club.  I run the CoC league (runs every other Thursday), and the VS System league (which is moving to weekly on Friday evenings) in the New Year at Trilogy.

vermillian said:

Find Garet Bret. He's always up for games. He lives in calgary IIRC. (I know him from UFS. I taught him the game at Origins 08)

^^ That is me, and its the truth that I'm always up for a game. UFS being cancelled on the 21st means I will more than likely be looking into getting into a new game competitively (or leisurely, obviously I play both).

As it stands I've bought 2 copies of the Warhammer Invasion (and expansion packs) for 2 different family friends for Christmas, and although I don't own the game myself as of yet, I am pretty much ensured to be playing some games this long weekend. 

I also know that as UFS dies down a few or more players exiting that game will be playing more and more Warhammer Invasion (a few have already tried it). I know our former UFS scout (guy who ran the OP for it) is planning on running (or helping obsidian below) weekly Warhammer Invasion OP at Trilogy Games and/or Myth Games here in Calgary.

Obviously, I play at any and all game stores, so if something starts at Great White please be sure they post it here and if I decide to pick up the game you can count me in and probably a few others to show up as often as possible.

- dutpotd (Garett Brett - gesb83@hotmail.com)

Some time in the New Year, Trilogy and Myth games will be running events.I just have to pick up the game and learn the mechanic. I use to run UFS tournaments for the last 3.5 years. I will keep all of you posted when the league will start.