Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

Imperial Veterans June 23rd

That must be a really good siurce.

There are some people posting from countries where English is not their primary language. I for one enjoy the multi-international aspect and could really care less if every word is spelt correctly or if proper grammar is used.For example: Spelled vs. speltIn American English, spelt primarily refers to the hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe, and the verb spell makes spelled in the past tense and as a past participle. In all other main varieties of English, spelt and spelled both work as the past tense and past participle of spell, at least where spell means to form words letter by letter or (with out) to make clear. Outside the U.S., the two forms are interchangeable in these uses, and both are common.I never knew this and was taught either spelled or spelt was correct and I'm from the US. Does it really matter as long as you can understand the concept the writer is trying to convey? I know for a fact that I do not use perfect grammar when posting because it is suppose to be "talk amongst friends" verses a "college paper".

I think you meant versus

Verses would be for for your college paper on poetry

Lol I'm not trying to be a troll, I just couldn't resist :)

Some have an over abundance of schooling... They had learning shoved down their throats. So it helped them get a better job but starved their very being.

When someone corrects grammar, just say awe you poor joyless husk of a human being. You won't be far off..