Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

Imperial Veterans June 23rd

One of the web sites I use to buy x-wing will normally do pre-orders and say they will dispatch when in stock. With Imperial Vets they are saying it's in stock and will dispatch when "released"

For some reason lots of places have them but FFG are deliberately stopping them from being sold it seems?

That would be fun; we have a regional on the 25th, so that would screw everything over and make things unstable... which is fine by me because I don't intend to use Imperial Veterans.

Doesn't the new legal list cover this?

Yes.  They are not legal for use until 11 days after release now as per the new legal products page.

For some reason lots of places have them but FFG are deliberately stopping them from being sold it seems?

It's common practice to release a set all at once, not when each vendor recieves it piecemeal. Can you imagine going to your gamestore to learn the other store across town got their products ahead of release day?

It's common practice to release a set all at once, not when each vendor recieves it piecemeal. Can you imagine going to your gamestore to learn the other store across town got their products ahead of release day?

But I don't think it's common with x-wing is it? 

That would be fun; we have a regional on the 25th, so that would screw everything over and make things unstable... which is fine by me because I don't intend to use Imperial Veterans.

Yes.  They are not legal for use until 11 days after release now as per the new legal products page.

When did this change?  Last time I looked products are legal upon release.

When did this change?  Last time I looked products are legal upon release.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/

Products are legal upon release for Formal and casual tier events. For premier level events the product is not legal for 11 days. Star Wars LCG just had a deluxe box release last thursday and FFG said it is not legal for Nationals at Origins this Wednesday. 

Premier level events = Nationals, North American Championships, and Worlds

Formal level events = Regioals and maybe store championships

Edited by TGO

That must be a really good siurce.

There are some people posting from countries where English is not their primary language. I for one enjoy the multi-international aspect and could really care less if every word is spelt correctly or if proper grammar is used.

For example: Spelled vs. spelt

In American English, spelt primarily refers to the hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe, and the verb spell makes spelled in the past tense and as a past participle. In all other main varieties of English, spelt and spelled both work as the past tense and past participle of spell, at least where spell means to form words letter by letter or (with out) to make clear. Outside the U.S., the two forms are interchangeable in these uses, and both are common.

I never knew this and was taught either spelled or spelt was correct and I'm from the US. Does it really matter as long as you can understand the concept the writer is trying to convey? I know for a fact that I do not use perfect grammar when posting because it is suppose to be "talk amongst friends" verses a "college paper".

I don't see where they have outlined exactly what the "Premier" level events would be but my guess would be Store Champs, Regionals, Nationals and Worlds.

I don't see where they have outlined exactly what the "Premier" level events would be but my guess would be Store Champs, Regionals, Nationals and Worlds.

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/741400389631770625

Thanks - I don't use twitter at all.  I really wish their website was better organized and that they provided the info there properly.

Just to confirm, had an email in the UK from BoardGameExtras giving the 23rd as the release date   :)  - just hope it's not another false alarm!  ;)

So, is that supposed to be the date that they'll start shipping them around, or that places will already have them by and can start selling them? I mean if I had to guess then I'd say it's the latter, but with them you never know...

Edited by That One Guy

Here's the actual wording:

"Hello........from Board Game Extras, as someone who has bought X-Wing items from us in the past, I thought you would be interested to know that Imperial Veterans has finally been given an official release date of the 23rd June featuring veteran versions of the Tie Bomber and Defender we still have some available for preorder....

Fantasy Flight Games have announced more ships are coming. Wave 9 will feature the Shadow Caster, ARC-170, Protectorate Starfighter and the Sepcial Forces Tie Expansion. The distributors tell us these should be with us in September. You can see these and preorder .....

Also coming later this year is the Heroes of the Resistance, this will be coming seperately to the above wave 9 ships and we have just been told this will be a quarter 3 release featuring new scultpts for the Millenium Falcon and Poe Dameron's black and orange T-70 X-Wing."

(Web links removed in case it breaks any rules  :unsure: )

Here's the reason I'm excited for Imperial Veterans to be released:

Imperial Aces: Announced September 16, 2013 / Released March 14, 2014

Rebel Aces: Announced March 18, 2014 / Released September 25, 2014

I'd love for it to be a Thursday as that's my normal game night!  I don't always get a chance to hit the game store at other times and I'm worried about it selling out before I can get there.  U-boats were gone so fast, I feel lucky to have gotten one Jumpmaster!