Sign in to follow this  
judgeender

Number of Tokens Needed

Thinking about getting some acrylic tokens to replace all the cardboard ones (shield, focus, evade, crit, cloak, tractor beam, extra munitions, etc.).  I found some posts about this but they all seem fairly dated at this point with so many new waves, ships and upgrades having been released.

How many of each are recommended to have enough for most lists -- not really interested in the extreme outlier cases like Tycho -- just what is the maximum needed for most lists.  

Thanks.

Edited by judgeender

I am considering the same thing. I'm looking at 6 focus, evade, and stress tokens, 12 shields, 4 target lock pairs, and a weapons disabled token since I like the K-wings. Oh and all the maneuver templates, and a range 1, 2 & 3 combat ruler.

Edited by TreebeardTheEnt

Just a rough guess; there are lists out there that will use more than this in some areas, but assuming you don't need to cover some of the more extreme outliers....

8 focus, evade, & stress

(probably 1 or two more than you need, but it gives you some leeway)

5-6 target locks (you *shouldn't* need 6, but 5 you might well use)

16 shields (up to 22 if you have a real desire to play b-wings)

3 ions, 3 extra munitions, 3 critical damage (if you use them), 1 cloak, 2 tractor beams, 2 weapons disabled.

That "probably" covers everything you'll need. Obviously add movement templates and range ruler(s) to the list, and possibly 1 of each of the different bomb templates.

I have 8 of everything pretty much. Rebel players might need a few more shields. Don't need that many TL's but I like having spares to chose different letters than my opponents for simplicity sake (I do paint the edges though so they don't get mixed up).

I am not ashamed to say that through ordering from curledpaw on etsy....

I've ended up with 15 focus, 15 evade, 4 tractor beam, 4 weapons disabled, 2 cloak, 18 sets of target locks (aurbesh, alphabet, and numerical), 15 stress tokens, 10 ion tokens, 40 shield tokens, a c-3po token, an emperor token....

All I'm missing are extra munitions tokens (which he doesn't make yet).

I've ended up with 15 focus, 15 evade, 4 tractor beam, 4 weapons disabled, 2 cloak, 18 sets of target locks (aurbesh, alphabet, and numerical), 15 stress tokens, 10 ion tokens, 40 shield tokens, a c-3po token, an emperor token....

He has munitions and a bunch of bombs now too (already have them in-hand)

I got 6 target lock sets, a couple cloaks, 30 shields, and 10 of each of the others (focus/evade/stress/critical).  I have some tokens labeled "special" that covers about everything else.  I also got a 20 sided red die for Tycho, and a 20 sided green die for hawks!

He does if you ask nicely!

I have the following:

15 Focus

10 Evade

10 Stress

5 Crits

5 Ions

5 Extra Munitions

4 Weapons Disabled

4 Tractor Beam

2 Cloak

20 Shields

10 TLs (0-9 and match them to PS if they're all different)

And it's all more than I need.  But for the most part it's enough to play epic (with the exception of the shields) or provide for both sides.  

Look at it this way, for 100 point dogfights you will need at least the following (based on different list types), more if you want to run epic/escalation.

22 shields (4BZ)

8 Evades (8 TIE Swarm)

8 Focus (8 TIE Swarm)

8 Target Lock ( 8 Z-95 Swarm)

10-15 Stress Tokens

8 Crit Tokens

8 Ion Tokens

These are great, might have to finally get some acrylic tokens.

I try to have enough on hand for a 2 player game so

40 Shields

5 TL Sets

10 Foci

10 Evades

15 Stress

10 Ions

5 Crits

6 each of Seismics, Protons, and Proxs

5 Munitions

5 Cloaks

Red d20 for Tycho

Green d20 for Crows

Admittedly it doesn't cover all the possible builds, but it covers all the ones I'll play.