Sign in to follow this  
xanderf

Random musing: could FFG give us a new Kihraxz in a 'Scum Aces' with a *different model* and still be the same ship?

The fluff on the ship is that it's highly customizable.  It would be cool if they had a different ship for the "Aces" pack.  I'm still not sure they would actually do it, but it would be cool.

I like the idea that they give out a bunch of different titles to represent the customizations.  I thought of a few for the Custom Card League.  Light Fighter gives you Unhinged Astromech slot.  Medium Fighter adds a Focus Result to any attack at R2 (much like the new ships, but different for being at R2).  Heavy Fighter allows 2 Modifications.  Custom Job allows any mod for -2 pts.  

It would defeat the purpose of what an Aces expansion does to put new ships out there but variations beyond just paint jobs would be nice. We want new cards and pilots that can be used with the older ships just like X-wings and TIEs from their respective Aces packs. I would vote for Ks and SVs over Scyks, however, since the (reverse Scyk) Fang has pretty much  handled that "upgrade."

I am strongly in favor of this - though it would need to retain an identical paint scheme to the original if they were to adjust the model, and if they did it likely wouldn't be as extreme as what people would like. I certainly like the other versions of the ship, but it's important to keep something like this from confusing new players - everybody will recognize the falcon regardless of what's been done to the dish.

Also, it seems pretty reasonable to me to assume that the version of the Kihraxz that was chosen may have been for the purpose of reducing costs and complexity with the model.

It would defeat the purpose of what an Aces expansion does to put new ships out there but variations beyond just paint jobs would be nice.

It's too bad they didn't do that with the existing Aces expansions. Fins on the Royal Guard TIE and an A-wing with the full prototype/early production styling instead of just the paintjob would've been nice.

i imagine it would just be released as a variant. A lot of those model types look similar enough to be the same ship but appear to be designed for a different purpose. I could see same dial with different loadouts, perhaps one of the sleeker models gets a "faster" dial.

Nothing major though i'd imagine.

Btw: The Y-Wing also has two different modells

Two canon models, several models of you go by Legends. I would love a clone Y from FFG but there's no reason for them to do it.

I was talking about the models available for XWTMG ;)

Are the models different?

I'm less interested in a new model of the Kihraxz than a title/mod that makes it deadlier. Whether that is a maneuver-modifier, a defense-modifier, or something else, I'd rather have the ship be as deadly as it can be and give the Scum a good mid-range fighter.

I think giving graz the hunter an EPT would fix him and you'd see a Kihraxz on the table. He's a great pilot but just needs that something extra even if it was just a lightning reflexes.  Talonbane needed +1 die at range 3 regardless of what fired at him. Ordnance, cannons. turrets and the Inquisitor make him non-viable because anyone smart will target him with those on the first pass so that they don't have to see his range 1. 

It has two different paint jobs, bit the Scum and rebel build the same. Alas.

Nope, the Scum Y-Wing has another Astromech modelled onto it and has better details.

Are you sure that's not the paintjob picking out better detail? Now I'm really curious...

It has two different paint jobs, bit the Scum and rebel build the same. Alas.

Nope, the Scum Y-Wing has another Astromech modelled onto it and has better details.

Are you sure that's not the paintjob picking out better detail? Now I'm really curious...

Yyyyyeah...his post intrigued me, so I picked up the two models, and I was spinning them around...holding them side-by-side...

I'm 99% sure they are completely identical.  Granted, the paintjob DEFINITELY makes them LOOK different - the shadows and wash from one to the other makes certain things seem a bit changed, but...the model, itself, is unquestionably identical.