TheHiveTyrant

The Lord of the Rings: the Card Game Progression Series (The Hive Tyrant)

82 posts in this topic

My favorite YouTube series! I know both of you don't have as much time, but I'd love to see episodes coming out faster. Maybe a Patreon campaign could provide you with the necessary funds to free up some more time? ;)

Posted (edited)

On 8/23/2017 at 8:27 AM, farealh said:

My favorite YouTube series! I know both of you don't have as much time, but I'd love to see episodes coming out faster. Maybe a Patreon campaign could provide you with the necessary funds to free up some more time? ;)

I sincerely wish that Matthew and I were able to produce new episodes far more frequently, but unfortunately, it just doesn't seem possible at the moment for us to do much more than maintain our currently glacial pace of release.

While neither of us have any intent to abandon this project, Matthew consistently works well over 40 hours per week, is often required to travel for his job, and he has several hobbies outside of LOTR LCG, some of which happen to be rather time-consuming. Plus, he's a member of The Grey Company podcast, has a reasonably active social life, and on occasion even seizes the opportunity to meet up with friends to play cards at his local game store.

Relative to him, I happen to have far more available free time, but I'm also in the process of figuring out how to finally establish a financially stable, independent existence. Years ago, I earned a Master's degree in mental health counseling, but after spending quite some time in the profession, nationwide budget cuts meant a huge number of layoffs, and as a result, that career path essentially closed for me. Now, I'm once again freshly graduated from college, but to my shock and dismay, I was rejected by everywhere that I applied to intern - an endeavor necessary prior to my becoming a career dietitian.

So, at the moment, I'm trying to figure out what to do next with my life, and to be entirely frank, I'm not always feeling in a good enough mood to produce enjoyable videos, even if Matthew happens to have some free time crop up unexpectedly. Add in that I no longer live alone, and thus have to contend with noise pollution courtesy of housemates, their dogs, and even the occasional kid visiting them... I'm sure that you get the picture.

I earnestly hope that in time, he and I are able to pick up our pace of production dramatically - but for the moment, I appreciate your (and everyone else's) patience. Thank you for your support! And for what it's worth, I do hope that you continue to enjoy each new episode in our series. Though our output is low, I do treasure the opportunity to keep making these dorky videos, and hearing that people in this community such as yourself seem to enjoy them so much - it's very flattering. Thank you for encouraging me to continue sharing my passion and enthusiasm for all things LOTR LCG!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
farealh and jnicol like this

Posted (edited)

I'm another one that definitely enjoys the videos you guys produce and even though I know its coming, I smile every time Gandalf comes out. Hope things pick up for you a bit in the new career path!

Edited by mewmartigan
TheHiveTyrant likes this

10 minutes ago, mewmartigan said:

I'm another one that definitely enjoys the videos you guys produce and even though I know its coming, I smile every time Gandalf comes out. Hope things pick up for you a bit in the new career path!

Yeah! Sneak Attack + Gandalf is my favorite part of every video! :D <3

TheHiveTyrant likes this

The Progression Series returns! Today, Matthew and I face one of Middle-earth’s ancient evils. Will we be strangled and drowned, or instead dine upon Tolkien calamari?

I hope you enjoy us playing The Watcher in the Water, and encourage you to share your best and worst memories of this quest in the comments. Thanks for watching, and until next time – take care!