Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Corran - VI or PTL

With the alt art Corran card coming up thought I'd try to bring him back but am torn between two builds for him:

VI, FCS and R2-D2 - 42 points

PTL, FCS, R2-D2 and EU - 48 points

I find PTL Corran is either an end game beast (1 on 1 so hard to take down) or ends up being easily chased down due to reliance on green manoeuvres.

VI Corran loses the double action to turtle and also the boost but is less reliant on green manoeuvres and can move after PS9 aces to avoid getting lined up for some range one hurt. And he's cheaper!

Regardless of what the remainder of the squad is which build would you say is best?

PS 9 is less of thing in the NY meta so I think PTL is clearly a better option here.

VI Corran absolutely wilts under any sort of fire so it depends on how you want to use him. If you have another huge threat in your list VI Corran can charge in and hopefully survive. PTL Corran is remarkably durable and more mobile with Engine.

I agree that Push the Limit Corran in general is better. Pilot Skill 8 is a common area for the new Palp Aces meta. Inquisitor, Omega Leader, Carnor Jax, and the like, all share that same PS8 area, so you may be able to get away with a PTL Corran with initiative bid. As a note, a cheap Wingman carrier (like a Green Squadron A-wing for instance) could help make Corran not care about the stress as much and reduce the dependence on greens. I've seen some run him with Sensor Jammer if he's getting focused down a lot, and still others running a Corran that doesn't care about stress with R4-D6 to require more shots to take him down (though without recovery, I find he goes down even quicker). I think the major thing is flying him well, and realizing that 5HP can go down fast to focus fire, so have him try to pick off single targets if possible.

There is another option for the PTL Corran. Running PTL with BB-8 can keep him out of harms way with no stress in a lot of circumstances. Then adding engine upgrade and fire control system lets him boost and barrel roll in the turtle turn, as he tries to stay away from threats after double shooting turns. I have ran this build with quite a lot of success in the past. Another threat, like a Lone Wolf Poe build is super helpful.

The only issue with regen Poe, is that people then tend to ignore him. If you run Poe with lone wolf, r2d2 and autothrusters, they have to focus him when he comes into range or rush him just hitting hard and green moving to get shields back. Then run a naked a wing for interference.

Edited by Fozzyman