Sign in to follow this  
AllWingsStandyingBy

My take on the 2-Bank

I am a 2 bank template and I am offended by this

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I just wanted to make a post that sarcastically mocked the types of post that make up 95% of these forums: obvious, inane, unnecessary.

Aw

What if the new Tie/sf has all the manuevers, including white 1-turn sloops, but it doesn't have the 2-bank. That would be worst dial ever. FFG would have to release an emperor pack in 2019 that fixes the ship.

For some reason your review sounds like the reviews of all the other things here. What does it mean?

It's a great move, but I don't like how it's an auto-include on every dial that comes out and I think that's hurting the game.  FFG needs to errata some of the dials in order to stop overpowered builds like U-boats.  Why even try when you know that your opponent can just use a 2-bank at any time?

This is a joke, but I'd kind of like to see a ship that didn't have any banks. Just as a design challenge, how do you make up for a ship that is missing that kind of basic maneuverability?

2 bank is not competitive and FFG needs to issue a fix.

they fixed it by giving the FO a 2-segnor's

which is why empire is so OP in competitive play right now

Omega Leader in palp aces, omega squadron in crack swarm

You call that a fix? It does nothing for the T-65. It's laughable that the game's namesake ship is left with this sub-optimal farce of a maneuver.

Answer:

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the 3 hard next. If you do start a podcast you can be guaranteed I would subscribe. Very illuminating, thank you.

The 2-bank is a very good maneuver, but sometimes you want to turn even harder, so the designers put turns in the game as well. If you want to turn and travel a far distance, the 3-turn is an excellent option. I think in the sequel to this topic, we'll be hearing more about 3-turns and how they were updated with the 3-Tallon Rolls.

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the 3 hard next. If you do start a podcast you can be guaranteed I would subscribe. Very illuminating, thank you.

The 2-bank is a very good maneuver, but sometimes you want to turn even harder, so the designers put turns in the game as well. If you want to turn and travel a far distance, the 3-turn is an excellent option. I think in the sequel to this topic, we'll be hearing more about 3-turns and how they were updated with the 3-Tallon Rolls.

Well this changes everything. You wouldn't believe what I was doing with them before...

it somehow reminded me of a marvelous 

And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it

I thought this was going to be about ships from the Banking Clan and a new faction in X-wing.

Still - I never thought of having a Left as well as right bank and turn templates.

I always just start in the left corner and 2-Bank right at the appropriate moment to try to get in arc.

I occasionally get outflanked by someone doing a 2-turn (darn you Soontir!!!) but now this changes everything.

Are you sure about this?  Is there a FAQ?

You can clearly see in the photo of the Core Set that the banks and turns are to the right - based on how the ships are facing.

Is it legal to mix templates from the FO and Original core sets?

Do 3rd party Left hand templates cost more than the right hand ones?  I would love to have both, but my funds are limited, so I may just order left hand templates and use the right handed ones  from my core set until I can save up some more money.

51y7KSRii%2BL.jpg

What are your opinions on people proxying the two bank? It might be all good for a casual game but in competitive play....

I've seen players at my local store who have lost one of their two 2 banks, and they simply flip their remaining 2 bank over to imitate their missing piece. I've alerted my TO to this multiple times, as I'm unconvinced that the two pieces are exactly opposite to one another, and I'm concerned that it's leading to inaccurate, and honestly unpredictable, movement.

What are your opinions on people proxying the two bank? It might be all good for a casual game but in competitive play....

I've seen players at my local store who have lost one of their two 2 banks, and they simply flip their remaining 2 bank over to imitate their missing piece. I've alerted my TO to this multiple times, as I'm unconvinced that the two pieces are exactly opposite to one another, and I'm concerned that it's leading to inaccurate, and honestly unpredictable, movement.

How can they do that? There could be some difference in movement or position. Can't they get banned for that?

It's a great move, but I don't like how it's an auto-include on every dial that comes out and I think that's hurting the game.  FFG needs to errata some of the dials in order to stop overpowered builds like U-boats.  Why even try when you know that your opponent can just use a 2-bank at any time?

This is a joke, but I'd kind of like to see a ship that didn't have any banks. Just as a design challenge, how do you make up for a ship that is missing that kind of basic maneuverability?

It's called the boat, large ship, has a green stop, red 1 straight, red 1 turns, nothing else :P

See n% of forum posts on the boat and serious impact it's having on the meta right now :D

On a more serious note the Jumpmaster has a slightly asymmetric dial, I'm curious to see if FFG take that much further to a point where a ship is missing maneuvers on one side of the dial that it has on the other.

As a question about your design challenge would s-loop be allowed? I'd guess you'd put in some of the more extravagant maneuvers to compensate for the lack of angled turns, that or barrel roll.

On much less serious note, I have right 2 bank Acrylic template and I've lost my core set cardboard ambi 2 bank. Can I use my right 2 bank Acrylic as a left 2 bank?

I think the 2 Bank is just too powerful.  Everyone should be happy to play with just a 1 bank.  Don't even get me started on the 3 bank.  It's just too powerful!  I remember when everyone used to just 1 bank back in Wave 1.  It's just gone down hill since everyone started banking at 2's and now 3's.  It's power creep.