Sign in to follow this  
AllWingsStandyingBy

My take on the 2-Bank

It's a great move, but I don't like how it's an auto-include on every dial that comes out and I think that's hurting the game.  FFG needs to errata some of the dials in order to stop overpowered builds like U-boats.  Why even try when you know that your opponent can just use a 2-bank at any time?

Edited by FluxCapcitr

2-bank was fine until Jumpmasters came along. Not great in this meta with how much better the 2 white sloop is. Wave 9 gives me hope it will make a come back.

Also, for the podcasts next April Fools podcast, this needs to be a thing. A review of a certain template or token would be great.

Edited by Kdubb

2 bank is not competitive and FFG needs to issue a fix.

they fixed it by giving the FO a 2-segnor's

which is why empire is so OP in competitive play right now

Omega Leader in palp aces, omega squadron in crack swarm

You call that a fix? It does nothing for the T-65. It's laughable that the game's namesake ship is left with this sub-optimal farce of a maneuver.

You entirely forgot to touch on the subtle differences between the left and right versions of the 2 bank! It may seem minor, but it's actually super important!

He's right! One allows you to go left, the other let's you go right.

You should see how much better your game gets when you realise this - never fails to take my oppobents by surprise.

On a more serious note, as a regular Corran player, all I do is 2 bank. So sick of that maneuver.

I usually just stick to 3-straights, but after reading this article, I'm beginning to understand why my opponents always throw in a 2-bank or two.  I may just have to try these out for myself.

Only thing is, with how powerful they seem to be, do we expect an errata anytime soon?

I felt he did touch on this key difference. But, there is clearly a lot of information lacking. 'When would you actually use a right 2 bank, when you have a left 2 bank available?" I mean, as an experienced x-winger, I can see those moments, but it would be a great topic to explore; especially for our newer players.

You entirely forgot to touch on the subtle differences between the left and right versions of the 2 bank! It may seem minor, but it's actually super important!

Every ship has a 2 bank, but to be more specific every ship has a 2 straight green (exception is the huge ships because they don't have green maneuvers). Since the 2 bank is the first offset from the 2 straight it is the most basic turn. 

When looking at dial keep in mind that every ship starts at 2 straight green and move out from there.

2-bank was fine until Jumpmasters came along. Not great in this meta with how much better the 2 white sloop is. Wave 9 gives me hope it will make a come back.

Also, for the podcasts next April Fools podcast, this needs to be a thing. A review of a certain template or token would be great.

Each podcast could do a different template/token to complete the set!