Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

We are Steven, Judson, Dano, and Eric of the IFF Podcast Ask Us Anything!

Favorite Ninja Turtle

Favorite Cookie

Peanut Butter.... chunky or smooth?

Also, I am pretty sure I miss understood what greeble hauling and it was way darker.

Donatello

TIm-Tam

Chunky

Any plans to try a live show in the future? From a convention or worlds or anything?

That would be awesome! No solid plans though.

Mad respect for Donatello.  He is by far the best.  If caught without a weapon, he just needs to find something relatively pole-shaped like a broom stick or anything.  What is Raph gonna do?  Grab some forks and hope they grow up one day to be sais?

Favorite Ninja Turtle

Favorite Cookie

Peanut Butter.... chunky or smooth?

Also, I am pretty sure I miss understood what greeble hauling and it was way darker.

Donatello

TIm-Tam

Chunky

Any plans to try a live show in the future? From a convention or worlds or anything?

That would be awesome! No solid plans though.

Mad respect for Donatello.  He is by far the best.  If caught without a weapon, he just needs to find something relatively pole-shaped like a broom stick or anything.  What is Raph gonna do?  Grab some forks and hope they grow up one day to be sais? Go to taco bell and get a spork....

more of a request rather than a question... but i would like to hear more of the ships and cards referred to in their Spanish names...

Imperial Star Destroyer sounds so bland... i prefer Destructor Estelar Imperial (extra tongue roll on that Imperiallllllll)

Edited by SkyCake

Drunk Tarkin:

Will we ever get another game in?

Let's do it. When's the next Roch event? Or Buff? I've got nothing on the radar until World's. Send me an email. Or facebook.

My name on fb is DT Intensifyforwardfirepower.

The Lord of Tubs and I met while serving in the US Army. I walked into the nearest game store when I first got to my first duty station, and before getting three steps in the door I couldn't help but notice this really really loud and obnoxious and cocky jerk with a NE accent stomping an opponent in a game of 40k. I hated him immediately and knew I had to beat him. He beat me and ever since then he's confused me repeatedly trying and failing to beat him with friendship.

You mentioned in a prior episode something about being able to spend accuracy dice and re-roll them in the same attack step.  Does anyone remember the name of the thread which discussed this or any way for me to find it?

Best time you've ever had getting totally owned in an armada game?

Everytime. 

I guess since I asked a serious question, I'll ask a less-so one.

Is the flesh Star Destroyer just like flesh draped over a frame of a Star Destroyer like a Terminator or is it more like a Cylon and the whole **** thing is blood and tissue internally with various levels of exterior from crunchy metal (Raider) to absolutely lovely skin (Six)?

In hindsight, I'd like to add I'm more of a fan of 8.

I have always imagined it as a WWI fighter plane with the skin stretched over a metal frame. 

Edited by Chancellor87

Ever play Halo Fleet Battles?

Legit, zero phux given about that game. Every game I have seen played were ships abreast going straight, akin to some Historical games I have seen played at conventions.

It may well be on par or even better that Armada...but it can't compete with this guys love of Star Wars.

Best time you've ever had getting totally owned in an armada game?

I will answer in a different way. Its hard to have fun getting totally owned. At least I can't. I don't think I can even pretend.

BUT...some will remember that I dont keep score during the game. I dont play for MOV. I just play to win the Objective, if there is a goal oriented one (ex Minefields is not). The funnest games for me are the ones that have me so caught up with the fighting and social interactions with my opponent that the end of the game felt like it came too quickly and the score is a wildly different interpretation than what you felt was happening during the game.

I know you guys give Dano a bit of a hard time for not desiring to field certain ships because they are to popular. I understand Dano's thoughts on this, I tend to be the same way. That being said, I know you all like to play to have fun. What Play style do you all enjoy more? Example, do you like to have a flexiable fleet. Are fighters and Squadrons more your thing, Some people like to move all over the board and then there are the turtles. (Yes I know some fleet lists require you wait for your opponent to come in)

Any Highlights to which play style you tend to favor more, just to have fun and possibly win?

First off, I need to inform you that the term "Play style", in certain context, is somewhat of an inside joke with us...now. The term elicited much disdain years ago, for differing reasons not to be explained here. That being said...

While I have favorite upgrades and ship combos, my true enjoyment in most all games is:

1. Playing outside of established 'Play styles'.

2. Using force compositions to forcefully explore areas of the game out of my comfort zone.

3. Creating a list based off a 'schtik', and getting it to work on the table.

4. Playing with finesse. Although I tend to get carried away to a fault at times and get my fleet in more trouble than necessary.

A

What irks me most are upgradez and units introduced that part from the Core Mechanic

What are your top 5 FFG games past X-wing and Armada?

In no particular order:

Imperial Assault, both Campaign and Skirmish.

Chaos in the Old World, 3-5 player sexiness.

Forbidden Stars, 2-4 player galactic conquest.

The Star Wars Roleplaying game.

Game of Thrones, boardgame. Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

more of a request rather than a question... but i would like to hear more of the ships and cards referred to in their Spanish names...

Imperial Star Destroyer sounds so bland... i prefer Destructor Estelar Imperial (extra tongue roll on that Imperiallllllll)

Dios mio mang! This warms my heart.../sniff.

You mentioned in a prior episode something about being able to spend accuracy dice and re-roll them in the same attack step.  Does anyone remember the name of the thread which discussed this or any way for me to find it?

You may have misheard. Spent accuracy are discarded. What should have been heard (or said?) was that during the modify dice step, you could spend your accuracies before useing Veteran Gunners to reroll your dice pool.

That should clear things up.

You may have misheard. Spent accuracy are discarded. What should have been heard (or said?) was that during the modify dice step, you could spend your accuracies before useing Veteran Gunners to reroll your dice pool.

That should clear things up.

It does, thanks.