Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

We are Steven, Judson, Dano, and Eric of the IFF Podcast Ask Us Anything!

I guess since I asked a serious question, I'll ask a less-so one.

Is the flesh Star Destroyer just like flesh draped over a frame of a Star Destroyer like a Terminator or is it more like a Cylon and the whole **** thing is blood and tissue internally with various levels of exterior from crunchy metal (Raider) to absolutely lovely skin (Six)?

In hindsight, I'd like to add I'm more of a fan of 8.

Edited by Stasy

Ever play Halo Fleet Battles?

Seems to be your current kick. It is a good game, just different from Armada like the Pacific Ocean is different from the Atlantic. 

I find Armada has more depth but I have not played much HFB

Ever play Halo Fleet Battles?

I haven't, but I watched a demo. It looked awesome. Honestly, if it didn't come out right when I was way hyped on Armada, I'd probably be into it.

The FSD is more like a grown ship that has functioning... uh.. organs.

I'm not sure about best time getting totally owned (or totally owning for that matter). The best games are ridiculously close where both players feel like they gave it their all- win or lose. My favorite game at the Regionals I went to was my first one, which was a 5-5 (I lost by 17 points iirc)

I know you guys give Dano a bit of a hard time for not desiring to field certain ships because they are to popular. I understand Dano's thoughts on this, I tend to be the same way. That being said, I know you all like to play to have fun. What Play style do you all enjoy more? Example, do you like to have a flexiable fleet. Are fighters and Squadrons more your thing, Some people like to move all over the board and then there are the turtles. (Yes I know some fleet lists require you wait for your opponent to come in)

Any Highlights to which play style you tend to favor more, just to have fun and possibly win?

I know you guys give Dano a bit of a hard time for not desiring to field certain ships because they are to popular. I understand Dano's thoughts on this, I tend to be the same way. That being said, I know you all like to play to have fun. What Play style do you all enjoy more? Example, do you like to have a flexiable fleet. Are fighters and Squadrons more your thing, Some people like to move all over the board and then there are the turtles. (Yes I know some fleet lists require you wait for your opponent to come in)

Any Highlights to which play style you tend to favor more, just to have fun and possibly win?

I've never played the exact same list more than four or five times. I wish I could just be content playing one list long enough to squeeze every bit of oomph out of it but for me some of the fun comes from seeing all the moving parts come together in different ways.

Been loving your show for a while guys. I'm a big fan of squadrons, I wondered what your current favourite squadrons were (Rebel and Imperial)? Shame we aren't getting any more for a while, but at least we have an awesome selection right now. In addition, what was your favourite "fluff/flavour" moment you ever had in a game? I remember a game where IG-88 saved my bomber wing by killing the A-Wings tying it down (ignoring that Counter) before the rest of the rebel squadrons hit, then accompanying Dengar into the rapidly approaching X-Wing/Y-Wing ball and staying alive for two turns to hold them all in place! IG-88 flew like the epic bounty hunter hero that he is that day....

What are your top 5 FFG games past X-wing and Armada?

Battlestar Galactica

The Lord of the Rings LCG

Warhammer Quest

Elder Sign

Rebellion

Is Bloodborne any good....

It's AMAZING as long as you can hang with a steep learning curve. Once you git gud, it's fantastic

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/werewolf_vicar_amelia.jpgwerewolf_vicar_amelia.jpg

Also for fans of Bram Stoker and H.P. Lovecraft's demon-spawn child.

Been loving your show for a while guys. I'm a big fan of squadrons, I wondered what your current favourite squadrons were (Rebel and Imperial)? Shame we aren't getting any more for a while, but at least we have an awesome selection right now. In addition, what was your favourite "fluff/flavour" moment you ever had in a game? I remember a game where IG-88 saved my bomber wing by killing the A-Wings tying it down (ignoring that Counter) before the rest of the rebel squadrons hit, then accompanying Dengar into the rapidly approaching X-Wing/Y-Wing ball and staying alive for two turns to hold them all in place! IG-88 flew like the epic bounty hunter hero that he is that day....

I've had many games decided by a single die roll. Those are always my favorite!

Which armada ship makes the best replacement tennis ball ? I'm think accuracy over distance/speed when serving.

Great question and the answer is obviously assault frigates not necessarily due to shape but to which of them I want to smash most.

This must mean the MC80s are footballs (american)

WWPD stands for whatever you want it to.

I'll speak for Steve and say the content throughout WWPD provides most authors with nothing more than an outlet for nerd energy. Guess there's no one currently fiendishly tackling Saga currently.