Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

We are Steven, Judson, Dano, and Eric of the IFF Podcast Ask Us Anything!

Something else to throw out what would be some new Objectives you all would like to see in the game, and Currently what are your go to Objectives you each fall back on, and are they still some that you guys don't understand how to make it work or feel like are subpar?

What's everyone's favorite adult beverage, should you partake?

If the bar is of average quality, Hendricks, neat. If it's a dive then Sapphire. If it doesn't even stock Sapphire and I'm there, hopefully they're not still serving me because I shouldn't be.

Edited by DrunkTarkin

After playing a ton of games what do you guys feel like Armada lacks if anything and how would you fix it?

(example someone pointed to this and its good ideas for squads

http://dockingbay416.com/ideas-to-fix-the-squadron-problem-in-star-wars-armada/)

I think the squadron problem is much less pronounced now-days. For me personally, there's very little I severely dislike. I'd love to see a similar fix that was applied to IA where "activation advantage" goes away. I haven't tested that so I don't know what kind of impact it'd have on the game.

Something else to throw out what would be some new Objectives you all would like to see in the game, and Currently what are your go to Objectives you each fall back on, and are they still some that you guys don't understand how to make it work or feel like are subpar?

I want to see stronger blue objectives. I feel like Dangerous Territory is weak in most lists since it just doesn't put enough pressure. I haven't seen Opening Salvo in ages cause it can be quite painful. Ditto Fleet Ambush. 

One thing that you pick up rather quickly around these forums is the interesting colloquial expression "Greeblehaul"

However, despite getting thrown around like an effigy at a Trump rally, there isn't really explanation given as to what it means. Since when you google search the term, the first result is the IFF podcast, could you explain how you have become attached to the term, and what the word means to each of you? Correct and incorrect applications of the word?

Thanks for helping all the relative newcomers (as I have seen probably 3-4 crop up in just the last few days) feel more a part of the crowd.

Greeblehauling is akin to 'Forgetaboutit' (Fahgeddabowdit) except used as a verb. 

ex.  We were greeblehauling to the tourney when Eeric realized he forgot his list and three squadron models.

OK Serious question. Which era Princess Leia do you think is hotter?

A) New Hope Cinnabun Leia

B) Empire spank me in my Bespin Cloud City outfit Leia

C) Return of the Jedi slugg licking I'm almost nude Leia

D) Force Awakens Leia

I personally did the Force Awakens Leia for these reasons.

1) She's no longer experimenting with family members

2) They prolly found a cure for the disease she got from making out with Jabba

3) She's an experienced MILF

thoughts?

What's everyone's favorite adult beverage, should you partake?

It used to be Captain Morgan and Lime Coke...but me and the Cap'n had a disagreement that led me to hug a toilet bowl more affectionately than should be legal...or imagined really.  To temper my swilling tendencies I switched to 10yr Jameson Irish Whiskey on the rocks.  This seemed to curb my bad habit to swill until my mates across the pond (Australia) taught me how to drink it without ice and a 60/40 mix with tap water...  I don't hate myself in the morning and I'm VERY hydrated.

D) Force Awakens Leia

thoughts?

I gotta go with Empire era.

D) Force Awakens Leia

thoughts?

I gotta go with Empire era.

I can respect this! Shes was pretty hott

Would you give up the ability to have sex to gain the ability to teleport?

I would need more technical detail that is probably not allowed on this forum. Initial answer is no, cause I don't mind long drives or airplane rides.

No option for Bitchin' Shot with a Blaster despite being Injured RoTJ Leia?

Because I prefer that to the other options I've seen thusfar.

I feel horrible....that didn't even come to mind!!!!!

Solve for "X"

X = the cosine of Greeblehauls/ total number of times Steve has been on the fence.

It’s a trick question.  Because Chevy didn’t make a 327 in 55’, the 327 didn’t come out til 62’.  And it wasn’t offered in the BelAir with the four barreled carb til 64’.  Howevah... in 2015 the correct greeblehauling  would be 4 degrees before top dead center of fence squatting.  Down 2% so far in 2016.

When do you disgusting layabouts and malcontents intend to do any of the following:

Create a podcast that is not a staggering affront to the gentleman's hobby of tabletop gaming?

Cease your insane prattling about fences, mustard, and my young cousin thrice removed Mr. Walken?

At least stop defrauding your benefactors by pretending to work while copiously consuming their hard-earned wealth by squandering your time with this nonsense? It is the work day! I've had men greeblehauled for less.

No option for Bitchin' Shot with a Blaster despite being Injured RoTJ Leia?

Because I prefer that to the other options I've seen thusfar.

Or "I'm going to choke you to death with a chain because you made me wear this stupid outfit" Leia.

Hopes for wave 5?

I'm a pessimist as it pertains to follow on product to an established license.  We got all the stuff we love from the movies.  Great!  Now we get to look forward to stuff from the far past, near past and future....and because the nature of gamers and their dollars, the game companies need to make it totally rad and buy-worthy.

So in the end we get tables filled with non-Cannon rule-bending special stuff far better than the cannon, and wonder why old era ships were ever replaced by the 'newer' Xwing, Ywing, ect ect

I'm a gaming romantic.  The old stuff (Pre-Xwing) should be crappy and get progressively better as the age progresses in canon. 

ex (this is just my opinion) in the Xwing game, The TIE ADV Prototype is much better than the actual TIE Advanced.

I am curious as to what kinds of careers/jobs the four of you have gotten into.

Electronics Engineer with a focus on software maintenance diagnostics and whole life for Raytheon's Patriot Radar and Missile System.

Which basically means I am an unemployed gamer.  When I can find hire as a professional gamer, I will change careers post haste.

Assuming scented bath candles are made from fat scraped off the inside walls of the FleshSD, what do they smell like?

I guess you avoid making them from locations near the aft taint for obvious reasons...

They smell like a combination of Chicharrones, Vanilla Summer, and Denorex Medicated Dandruff shampoo.

I think Dangerous Territory is kind of trashy.  Minefields is a close second...but that could be that I'm bad at the deployment approach.  I found that using it makes my opponents turtle more.  Cuz that's what we need more of, I'm sure.

Objective: A thing aimed at or sought.  In the above example, Minefields is more of a condition/state on the board...not a goal.

I feel Objectives need to award the players that actively pursue the Mission Objective.  Some of our Objectives are super fine and have that...others do not.  BUT!...I see how Xwing Tourneys are played, and I just stfu...cuz I'm thankful we have a variety of Objectives at all.

Would you give up the ability to have sex to gain the ability to teleport?

I'd give up the choice, not the ability, in a heart beat.  Hell, I'd settle for a teleportation two-way door that only had the coordinates to a half dozen places.

Have you got any tips for getting a 19 month old to sleep so that dad can concentrate on the important things like plastic space ships and Love Island (dodgy English TV which is so bad it's good)!

You and me both. My son is 19 months also.