Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

We are Steven, Judson, Dano, and Eric of the IFF Podcast Ask Us Anything!

One thing that you pick up rather quickly around these forums is the interesting colloquial expression "Greeblehaul"

However, despite getting thrown around like an effigy at a Trump rally, there isn't really explanation given as to what it means. Since when you google search the term, the first result is the IFF podcast, could you explain how you have become attached to the term, and what the word means to each of you? Correct and incorrect applications of the word?

Thanks for helping all the relative newcomers (as I have seen probably 3-4 crop up in just the last few days) feel more a part of the crowd.

This one's for Drunk Tarkin, how many hours have gone into perfecting your Michael Dukakis impersonation?  Follow up question, will any Twitch streams be coming up where there is some more live commentating?

I'll quote scripture here to answer Weasel:

"On the eighth day, having just wrenched forth that which destroyers stars of flesh from the ether, He pondered whether or not to continue his grand work. Verily, He doth decideth to add a period to His creation sentence, with the foolish belly button, and hath also decideth the universe needed a combination question mark / exclamation point, so alas he bestoweth upon the universe the mustard hand than maketh the floor pickle salad."

Edited by DrunkTarkin

One thing that you pick up rather quickly around these forums is the interesting colloquial expression "Greeblehaul"

However, despite getting thrown around like an effigy at a Trump rally, there isn't really explanation given as to what it means. Since when you google search the term, the first result is the IFF podcast, could you explain how you have become attached to the term, and what the word means to each of you? Correct and incorrect applications of the word?

Thanks for helping all the relative newcomers (as I have seen probably 3-4 crop up in just the last few days) feel more a part of the crowd.

I'll start with what the word means to me. Greeblehauling is less of an idea and more of a way of living your life.

The term originates sometime in the Clone Wars, specifically in use by the Trade Federation. When droids failed to capture or defeat the heroes (excluding failing for the last time), one common punishment was blowing them out of an airlock and using cables to drag them across the hull whereby greebles would scrape and wound.

To me, now, greeble hauing is how I approach life- as if my problems were malfunctioning or under-performing droids.

Some examples in use:

"This project is killing me, but I'm just gonna man up and greeblehaul the sh** out of it"

"That game was a 10-0? Dang, you really greeblehauled your opponent."

Incorrect uses:

"OMG LOL I'm such a Greeblehaul"

What's everyone's favorite adult beverage, should you partake?

Ooh a real question!

My go to that is easy to find is DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus. It's not my favorite, but it's probably the most commonly imbibed beer.

Right now, my favorite beer when I can still find it is by a local brewery called Hardywood- they do a Raspberry Stout that I'm a big fan of. Their other stouts also rule, including "Christmas Morning" which is a bourbon barrel aged gingerbread stout,

That being said, variety is the spice of life.

Follow up question, will any Twitch streams be coming up where there is some more live commentating?

I would love to get that going again, and we just discussed it in our top secret chat. It's a royal pain to get working right, but I won't go into the boring technical details.

have you thought about doing a twitch video primer for noobs...ie discussion on placement during deployments...thoughts on obstacles placements...you could use some of the list archetypes that are in the regionals data for simplicity as I realize every situation is going to be different. 

Or maybe even a talk over of a game you just recently completed with discussion on your strategy at the time etc.  kind of a post game show ha. 

This one's for Drunk Tarkin, how many hours have gone into perfecting your Michael Dukakis impersonation?  Follow up question, will any Twitch streams be coming up where there is some more live commentating?

When I'm not spending time with peers like my friend Lee Iacocca I'm trapped in business meetings, sealing deals, which gives me plenty of time to listen to Robert Palmer, provide weapons to guerilla groups, and buy disposable things which please me.

Also, soon, I hear, we'll comment on a game again.