Autosketch

CC work thread

48 minutes ago, Sergovan said:

What if you had that Fang model as a ship that was struck and exploded on the hull of the VT-49?

not a bad idea, although I was intending on showing the fangs as being extremely dominant in the engagement

On 20/06/2016 at 9:20 AM, citruscannon said:

Some progress on the central HUD display. This one doesn't have any major information for the card, other than it has to match the scene in the background. 

In this case, the X-wing that is locked is shown with all the relevant data, on shields and hull as well as orientation and trajectory, similar to how you got information in the X-wing game. 

this is probably overkill, but it was fun to do nonetheless.

27172383213_81c9a0b646_c.jpg

27171436794_3a24ca845a_c.jpg

Is there somewhere I can have this printed online in decent cardstock like the FFG cards? (with the creators permission ofcourse!) It would be rad to drop this on a table during a friendly game

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

Is there somewhere I can have this printed online in decent cardstock like the FFG cards? (with the creators permission ofcourse!) It would be rad to drop this on a table during a friendly game

I'm refinishing that piece in particular, it will be available for free along with instructions for printing when finished on my website. Aiming for mid-march.

2 hours ago, citruscannon said:

I'm refinishing that piece in particular, it will be available for free along with instructions for printing when finished on my website. Aiming for mid-march.

Awesome! Thanks! Will there be options to change the pilot out? I'd like Ryad, Glaive and Rexlar if possible, if not I'm sure I could figure out how to tweak it.

So you can get a feeling of how I'm moving forward on the fangs, I've opted to use the model I made to set three of them swooping in, so Fenn is part of a 4-part team. I've refined some of the details on the decimator, now have to move forward with unifying the background (which was done a long time back) with the ships and to bring it together cohesively, along with the decimator wings. I'm enjoying having the rough models for the fangs, it's going to really speed up the lines and angles and given the foreshortening on them will be a huge help.

32418164732_96de231321_c.jpg

I've gone back and added colour blocking for the rest, now the remaining processes are to go through each section and crisp up detail, flatten panels where flat, add suggestion of detail where appropriate, and do final pass lighting. 

Just about everything is about 75% done. The only part fully finished is the majority of the helmet and the very front of the decimator. Everything else needs quite a bit of treatment still.

32474667971_ea361edc50_o.png

Edited by citruscannon
alteration to image

and back to Fenn. Which makes for slow, methodical work, but it's therapeutic! A large scale piece like this requires balancing a lot of elements, there's a lot of learning happening as I do this, especially with regards to light and colour, but it's coming along. Decimator wing finished, and moving on to unifying the flight of fang fighters in the background. 

For an image this complicated, now that I'm generally happy with the lighting and the palette across the image, I'm working my way from left to right in a snaking pattern down across the image, adding details and the suggestion of detail all around the same scale. I find that on a larger piece it's really REALLY easy to lose sight of the larger image and get bogged down in a never-ending zoom of detail. I've picked a 6pt brush as my absolute smallest brush and anything with a resolution less than that will have to only get the suggestion that it's there. 

33541943085_22e41e4736.jpg

33541943315_4e7d4d0e4b_z.jpg