Autosketch

CC work thread

alrighty, work deadlines out of the way for this evening so... time to get out the scalpel and do some surgery!

let's have a crack at a semi-transparent canopy. gotta figure out what a piloted cockpit looks like though. 
should be fun!

28942585440_f5c740e216_z.jpg

29152488751_f731681bed_z.jpg

29197456546_4fce97227e_z.jpg

Edited by citruscannon

Astounding work.. And you even chose two of my favorite ships.

mine too :P

shouldn't be too long until it's all finished, I'll slot it into the custom card arrangement I made earlier, should look pretty spiffy. well, that's the plan. I'll post up the high res versions if people are interested in printing them on their own.

Edited by citruscannon

I've run a quick mockup of how this would fit into the card scheme from before, with some minor adjustments. Had a fairly long hiatus there as I was submitting my thesis but it's all done now so I can get back to puttering around with interfaces. This one isn't quite done. I think I need to try out some alterations with this design, if I am to make it universal for all imperial cards.

Pete

ac9r6i8pbzvx.png

Edited by citruscannon

Hi everyone, I've been tinkering with a new format for these cards after seeing the brilliant card art by Mark Moriarity, specifically using the idea of a horizontal interface. You might recall I toyed with this before but just never got back to it. After seeing some of his cards I was tempted to give it a go from a different perspective. This is of course not at all a finished piece, just a mockup. I'll go back and turn this into a proper interface soon enough, just playing with some ideas here.

Please if you have commentary, suggestions, critique, harsh critique, do let me know! Helps me get better!!! Thanks guys!

30272984843_e5f0a90b19_c.jpg

Edited by citruscannon

I've plugged a demo composite from a side project into this for curiosity. Gives an idea of the malleability of the interface. This is a very fast collage of 2D painted and 3D modelled elements to get a feel for the composition of the next one. As with other pictures in this thread it'll go through at least two iterations of painting before completion. The digital painting for this B-wing will take a few weeks as I've got other projects on my plate right now but at some point soon I'll complete the demo sketch and move it ahead.
30610578970_1123702bd1.jpg

I like it, easy to read and allows more room for the awesome artwork.

Thanks so much! Glad you like it.

awesome!  :o

the only suggestion is to give more relevance to teh action bar. maybe on top-right corner?

keep on with gorgeous artwork! thank you.

Thanks!

yea I've wondered about placement of the action bar. I might draft up a doohicky interface thing for it but I'll keep playing with it. I'm trying to keep all elements on the left or bottom of the card, as it rapidly shrinks the clear useable space for the art if I start filling other corners. I'll keep playing with it. :)

I've made some large adjustments, these are now print-ready and in high def. 

action bar has been incorporated left, and a number of small things have been fixed.

larger version here

q58mFAp.png

Gorgeous! (but I think I prefer the vertical "cockpit" version.

PS: don't forget to add the cannons to the Defender's 6 wingtips. 

Your card design is awesome!

I love the in-cockpit view as well, but can imagine that that is much harder and would be hell to keep orderly for all players to figure out.

FFG should really make those sideways pilot cards.

I've made some large adjustments, these are now print-ready and in high def. 

action bar has been incorporated left, and a number of small things have been fixed.

larger version here

q58mFAp.png

Gorgeous! (but I think I prefer the vertical "cockpit" version.

PS: don't forget to add the cannons to the Defender's 6 wingtips. 

yea, possibly at some point, the original painting was of a test run of the x7, incidentally why it's outrunning two x-wings, it hasn't got the guns or the missile launcher. I'll add them in at some point :P