Sign in to follow this  
OmegaLeader144

Who are y'all's favorite pilots in the game

Lt. Lorrir.

What? Stop looking at me like that. He is a blast! I don't play him very often, but that doesn't mean he's not my favorite. I like Eevee but I would never take one to a Pokemon battle.

Eevee is the best and I also like Lt. Lorrir.

I really couldn't choose. I really like Jake Farrell (A-wings are my favorite ship and we share a name), Turr Phennir (my first favorite pilots and part of my first tournament list, which landed me second place), and N'Dru Suhlak (loved the synergy with Lone Wolf right away), but...

I love almost every pilot and it would be difficult enough for me to choose a favorite per ship, let alone in the game!

Echo _ She is not the best meta pilot by any reach of the imagination.  However I have always loved what her wacky decloak brought to the game.  How no one really ever knew where that ship was going to go or what she was going to do.  

Rebels: Sabine. Add PtL & Kanan and you have the most outrageously agile ship ever. She's too squishy and doesn't have the PS to see real competitive play, but **** she is a lot of fun to fly.

I love Sabine, but since her skill allows you to perform a free "boost ACTION" (not just a free boost), then I haven't been able to make PTL viable. She has to do her Boost/BR before her movement, therfore before removing her stress token. I run her with VI, Kanan, Autoblaster Turret, that way you can arc dodge and shoot behind you when close. 

Rebel wise, would have to go either Sabine (with Chewie crew fixes the squishiness a little) or Miranda for the versatility of her pilot skill.

Empire? Wampa hands down as either your opponent ignores him and he starts wrecking things, or they avoid at all costs/ send a disproportionate amount of their squad to kill him. And for 14 points, either outcome is fine by me!

And after my Yavin open, favourite scum would be black sun soldier.. But named pilots, torn between Bobba & Bossk as that pair is my go to fun list

Echo _ She is not the best meta pilot by any reach of the imagination.  However I have always loved what her wacky decloak brought to the game.  How no one really ever knew where that ship was going to go or what she was going to do.  

It's always fun to mess with people by using Echo's ability.

Rebels: Sabine. Add PtL & Kanan and you have the most outrageously agile ship ever. She's too squishy and doesn't have the PS to see real competitive play, but **** she is a lot of fun to fly.

I love Sabine, but since her skill allows you to perform a free "boost ACTION" (not just a free boost), then I haven't been able to make PTL viable. She has to do her Boost/BR before her movement, therfore before removing her stress token. I run her with VI, Kanan, Autoblaster Turret, that way you can arc dodge and shoot behind you when close. 

PtL is certainly viable, precisely because her ability makes her perform a boost or barrel roll action. Observe:

1. Use Sabine to perform a pre-move boost action.

2. Use that action to trigger Push the Limit and perform a barrel roll or Evade action, receiving a stress.

3. Reveal & execute any white maneuver on your dial.

4. Use Kanan to clear the stress received in step 2.

5. Perform regular action, then repeat the whole process again next turn.

With this setup, Sabine can pull moves that no other ship in the game is capable of, which makes her outrageously fun to fly.

Really tough question... I really like Cracken for his action creation for the team, even if his ship isn't so great. Janson is also really good and I like him a lot, even with the same issue. Though Poe is also a thing. :3

Vader is just in a meh ship, but his ability and PS are too goddamned good. Otherwise... Tetran Cowell, even though nobody else likes him on the forum. Maybe if he were on a different ship people would reconsider him.

As for Scum, almost any of the unique HWK pilots or Mist Hunter uniques. 4-Lom and Zuckuss are neat and I love debuffing~

Imagine, Vader in a defender. He flew one in TIE Fighter, after all!

My favorite pilot to fly so far has been Vader, as well. I managed to keep him right on a Soontir for an entire game, it was pretty glorious.