Sign in to follow this  
doobleg

=THE NEXT ARMADA EVENT ON VASSAL= Wave 3/4 Preview Tournament (SIGN-UPS)

I think this pun has gone on too long. . . Got an idea for a ruling doob?

After deploying the pun effectively during last night's game, and after reviewing use of the pun on playback this morning...

The pun stands!

Dahts Awesome!!

I think this pun has gone on too long. . . Got an idea for a ruling doob?

After deploying the pun effectively during last night's game, and after reviewing use of the pun on playback this morning...

The pun stands!

Dahts Awesome!!

I don't know about Daht.

So I think I had the most amazing squadron activation ever. . . 3 attacks in a row by nym had a blue crit. . . used the first to strip an ISD of its contain (so luke could crit), next turn was the brace, then a redirect. THen Luke got a Hit/crit, then a blank. Keyan then rolled 2 singles, rerolled for no shields to 2 hit/crits bringing the ISD to 4, then I Yavaris to 2 hits again, which I reroll to hit and a hit crit. . . sadly the Structural damage so that ISD lived. . . 

Hey there, guys. WGNF911 brought to my attention that the points for a bye (which I have been using for forfeited games) should in fact be 8-2 with an MOV of 129. I missed this when setting up the tournament, and as we're still in round one and I'm trying to run this with proper tournament scoring in mind, this is what we'll be using.

I've adjusted the tournament points to reflect this for the round one games that involved a forfeit.

We're already going to hear about 4 of those "Restricted Build" lists going at each other....

Just give people the freedom to do what they want, itll be a more balanced and entertaining ride for those of us who are nothing but spectating.

I dont care about that (the 4 lists being chosen), I want to see what happens when you put the lists in the hands of the list builders. I know I am going to likely be using mine. It will be a great step from DtO and I need the break from it.

Edited by Lyraeus

Well, its totally up to you - you can certainly do that if you wish...

The Freedom to do that is yours, after all.

But

1)
There's no way to guarantee that a participant even put a list in.

2)

There's no way to verify that indeed, the list that they play is the list that they sent in, unless of course its specifically stated as a winning list...

Edited by Drasnighta

Well, its totally up to you - you can certainly do that if you wish...

The Freedom to do that is yours, after all.

But

1)

There's no way to guarantee that a participant even put a list in.

2)

There's no way to verify that indeed, the list that they play is the list that they sent in, unless of course its specifically stated as a winning list...

Sure, dont care though, this is the internet where we posture and bluster all the time. If people dont want to do this thats fine, I just thought it would be interesting and fun ^_^

I've updated the second post on this thread with all of the spoiled cards that will be available for rounds three and four. Additionally, I have provided rulings on those cards that have been questioned by players in this tournament. If you would like any other cards to have their rules clarified for this tournament, please let me know. :)

Next week I'll create a thread for players to post their round three/four fleet builds.