Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thespaceinvader

TSI Painting and modelling

67 posts in this topic

8tFpWvAl.jpg

Manaroo.

This one's been sitting on the painting table primed for a month or so, then sitting with the steel coat on the rear half but not much else for a week.  Had a major lack of inspiration hit.

But done now.  Please with the OSL and the Unhinged Astro looks cute if a little spider-like.  The rest is a tad rushed.

Niinivaara and Force Majeure like this

It's an old Cartoon Network parody talkshow based on an older Hannah-Barbara cartoon series.  Mostly stupid humor, but enough gold nuggets to make it worthwhile!

Space ghost coast to coast. Loved it

RebelRogue likes this

8tFpWvAl.jpg

Manaroo.

This one's been sitting on the painting table primed for a month or so, then sitting with the steel coat on the rear half but not much else for a week.  Had a major lack of inspiration hit.

But done now.  Please with the OSL and the Unhinged Astro looks cute if a little spider-like.  The rest is a tad rushed.

Daaamn that color scheme :D

thespaceinvader likes this

Wow!! Nice scratch Ghtroc! - is it supposed to be a 690 or 720 [can't really make out the size, despite the cutting mat grid] ?

EDIT: I guess, based on the YT exhausts & cockpit size, a 720 ?

Edited by ianmiddy
RebelRogue likes this

Wow!! Nice scratch Ghtroc! - is it supposed to be a 690 or 720 [can't really make out the size, despite the cutting mat grid] ?

EDIT: I guess, based on the YT exhausts & cockpit size, a 720 ?

The 720 is the image it's based on but it's significantly more 'artist's impression' than ;accurate reproduction'.

I plan to use it as a Shadow Caster.

Edited by thespaceinvader
ianmiddy likes this

That Ghtroc looks promising. The problem I've always had with the Ghtroc are all the curved surfaces it sports. Those can be particularly difficult to get right.

ktR7grhl.jpg

It's finished.

Bonus points to the person who can transliterate the name and to the person who can get the reference, as if it's hard.

Pleased with the scratchbuild, a little ticked off with my paintwork which is way too thick in places, and the OSL is... only OK.  I need an airbrush to do big areas of OSL like this.

Kleeg005, ianmiddy, IronOx and 1 other like this

Love the conduit detailing...and really like that shade(s) of green -may have to try and match it for my Cargo Baroness ;)

Edited by ianmiddy
thespaceinvader likes this

On 20/02/2017 at 9:41 PM, ianmiddy said:

Love the conduit detailing...and really like that shade(s) of green -may have to try and match it for my Cargo Baroness ;)

The top coat is GW Scorpion Green for the record, but that particular colour's been out of print for like 15 years.  I dread to think what I'm going to do when it runs out...

ianmiddy likes this

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

I dread to think what I'm going to do when it runs out...

Vallejo Game Color?... 

ianmiddy likes this